main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Saw M.I.B-II

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Sifo-Dyas

Master_Sifo-Dyas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Hey everyone! Just came back from seeing the advanced screening of MIB-II, and I must say I enjoyed it very much.Enough to see it again.So is anyone else going check it out...Hmmm?

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Would be nice to see it sunday night maybe if we have nothing else to do :D

3. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Sunday sounds good. That is if I'm not too tired.

4. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I know I'm wanting to see it on Wednesday, opening night it at all possible.

Probably end up watching the original tomorrow (tues) if I get the chance, haven't watched it on the wall yet
    :D

5. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    The wall? is that one of those high tech TV's you can hook on the wall?

6. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    You don't know the WALL!?!? :eek: WHO doesn't know the WALL?! *Kat is incredulous* The wall is extremely famous on these boards...mostly...because of me now...hmmm...I bow down to the wall..

Hey Ken, I believe I'm still owed an autograph from the aforementioned Wall...

7. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Ok you're scaring me here.I feel naked. whats with the wall?!

8. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Yup, I'll be off to see it on Wednesday as well, in fact... movienight! See the MIB2 thread.

9. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    I definitely won't be able to make it tonight, so is anyone still interested in going on Sunday?

10. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Well, I just had my own movie afternoon and saw MIIB! Fun movie! Not as great as the first, but they never are... ;) Love the subway scenes...hehehehe...and the locker at Grand Central Station.... :D

11. Master_Sifo-Dyas

May 30, 2002
    Well Sunday seems doable,( I may have another plan ) However It would have to be somewhere a bit closer to where I am like paramount , or the furthest Yonge and Eglinton silver city.

So Kat when we up for that coffee?

12. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Sunday, lack of funds prohibiting.

13. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    I find your lack of funds disturbing...

:p

14. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

As much as it pains me to disagree with a Mike, I really can't recommend paying full price for MIB2. I found it to be a generally pointless rehash of the first movie with the roles reversed.?@The uber-short (85minutes!!!) running time and completely unexciting pacing made it feel more like the pilot episode for an MIB series than the actual movie it wanted to be. Save some cash and rent "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" instead.

("ALEX TREBEK?")

15. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Have to agree with Mike. I saw it, and while it was entertaining, I'm sure glad I didn't pay full admission ("thank you 1 min. sound glitch at the AMC!").

It's not a bad film - but I get the feeling that if I'd just re-watched the original and the trailer for MIIB, I'd of had pretty well the same experience as watching all of MIIB.

It's a "go see on half-price Tuesdays" film, at best. Now, Minority Report... that's a film that's worth full price.

16. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    I went to see it @ paramount, and paid for the IMAX theatre in error 13.50!!!!!

It was SOOOOOOOOO not worth 13.50..

The movie was to start at 12:10 ... well, after the credits, short movie (chub chubs?? Why god, why?) and commercials, the movie didn't start till 12:45... and we were out by 2???? That movie was ridiculously short, and non-entertaining...

And the effects left something to be desired... anytime a digital character touched a human character, it looked so odd... And the JAckass guy with his extendo-neck.. it just looked wrong...

Anyway, the one saving grace of the movie...

[image=http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120912/MIBII-87.jpg]

17. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    You DIDN'T enjoy the Chubb Chubbs?!?!

Puh...what kind of boards am I on????

Well, whatever...I enjoyed the movie! *shrug* I don't see what was so "bad" about it...someone enlighten me...or try to...please...

18. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    "Now, Minority Report... that's a film that's worth full price. "

How you taunt me. Woe is me. It better go to passes SOON, or I will break down and pay for it.

*Adam checks Famous Players.com*

Minority Report is passes!! WOOHOO!! I can FINALLY see it!

I am seeing it this weekend, no doubts there - tonight or tomorrow.

19. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    Hey Kat - it just wasn't my cup 'o tea... it really felt like a sequel for the sake of a sequel - it seemed very 'slapped together'

It's quite rare that a sequel will further explore the characters, and expand on an existing plot - this movie did neither of these.

But at the same time, I'm not trying to say anyone is wrong to say that they enjoyed the movie, I'm just offering my perspective on why it didn't...

Were parts of it funny? Sure. But that's about it for me... And I wasn't the biggest fan of the first one to begin with...

But those chub chub things made me want to take off my pants and throw them at the screen...

20. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I find your lack of pants disturbing!

Otherwise - I found the movie entertaining. Nothing special - probably not memorable to me either. Locker Rats and Worm Guys - can't knock them!

21. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

LOCKER RATS LOCKER RATS!!!!! :D

I recently saw Mr. Deeds staring Adam Sandler..its a good movie if you like cheesy fun. The cat scene was good...they bounced :D

*note: no harm came to the cats so all you cat protectors don't attack me. :D

22. prof_frink

Feb 1, 1999
    Yeah - my brother saw Mr. Deeds, and he's been badgering me to see it, he says it's funny...

I don't trust Adam Sandler movies, the last one I liked was HAppy Gilmour... none since...

And yeah, the worm guys and the locker rats were funny - that is practically the only highlights of the movie for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.