main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saw Two Towers last night...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ObiMcD, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Fell asleep right after I got home (it was 2 in the morning for god's sakes) but anyway this movie is tight. The effects are amazing, especially gollum. GO SEE IT! Besides Star Wars it's by far the best film of the year (Sianara Spidey and Harry) There isn't a better film out right now. All the acting was superb. I'm trying to find a flaw, but alas...

2. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    Jen and I saw it too last night and our judgement is still out. Seeing it at 8 pm tonight so maybe I will be able to process it more than last night. Our theater become really hot last night halfway through the movie and there are some things that really bothered me but will wait on my prouncement.

off to find some coffee

3. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    grr...need a ride to the theatre dangit!

4. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    The only thing that struck me as odd was Gollum's face reminded me of a mummified Don Knots. The lips, the eyes, the shape of his face. I mean C'MON!

5. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    FLOLFLOLFLOL!!!!!!

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I still say it looked like Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies.

7. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

SITHOVERLORD-DOC Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2002
    Obi_Wannabe. what did you think of the Orcs you hade to pass to get to your set. Kate and I where orcs and a budy of mine was the Urhaky. any way see ya
    Doc

8. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    As Spikealus said previously, after the midnight showing, i wasn't sure quite how I felt about Two Towers. I am one of those annoying few who call themselves Tolkien Purists, and at first viewing, the deviations were apparent and somewhat distracting to me. HOWEVER, I have seen it two more times since last night (I know I'm a freak :D ) and have come to the conclusion that I loved it. My mind is swimming in it, and its depths have left me satisfied.

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Mistress-That's good to know. I might be seeing it this weekend (not sure, I may wait until my friend comes into town).

BTW-Love the new line in your Sig! [face_laugh]

10. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Wow. I'm so in awe. I didn't even know movies could be made that well. Wow.

11. MrFrodo

MrFrodo Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    I'm glad you all enjoyed my movie.

12. Samwise-the-Brave

Samwise-the-Brave Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    HEY Mr Frodo

don't you remember your Sam?

glad they liked our movie. see I told you they would tell our tale of you and your ring.

by the way I don't like that Gollum calling me the fat hobbit.

13. MrFrodo

MrFrodo Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    If I've told you once I've told you a hundred times, Samwise, we need Smeagol. I know his breath smells like two hundred year old fishguts, but we might need him later on. I pity him, Sam. If all my hair fell out and I lost 50 pounds, I'd look just like him.

PS Sorry about what happened in Osgiliath. You know how I get when the Nazgul come calling. I promise never to raise Sting in anger again [face_devil]

14. Samwise-the-Brave

Dec 19, 2002
    hey Mr Frodo

could you please come and get me I want some taters and Gollum didn't bring me any rabbits to cook, so we are on our own.

15. MrFrodo

MrFrodo Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    Sure, Samwise. A nice bit of fryed fish and some chips sound nice. I'm a little burned out on Lembas bread. I don't hold with foreign food.

16. Samwise-the-Brave

Dec 19, 2002
    okay get those little hobbit feet a movin

17. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    -=blinks=- Odd bunch they are. -=wonders if they have Hobbit sized straight jackets=-

18. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

Nov 12, 2002
    FenigDurak, they do but you and I would call it Duct tape. [face_devil]

Doc

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    DOC - [face_laugh] Good One!!

20. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    DUCT TAPE!!!! I have loads and loads of wonderful storues involving duct tape and unruly pilots. Darn them all for ruining my hard mechanicing work (I'm talking of course about Star Wars Messgae Board RPs) and breaking my precious ships! Serves them right to be taped to the ceilings and walls.

21. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

Nov 12, 2002
    Zoo did you get to the midnight show on Tuesday?

Doc

PS do any of you have a Worg. I think I want one more then the pony I wanted when I was 5.

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    DOC-No I had to bail, I sent Feni in my place.

23. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Whats a Worg? -=huggles Zoo for the ticket and writes a reminder to bring her something REALLY pretty on Sunday=-

24. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

Nov 12, 2002
    FenigDurak
    Did you see the orc and the uriki at that show. I know Obiwanabe did but I am sure he did not relize he knew them. Hell you may have squeezed past me and mine.

I liked the big flashy boom at Isengaurd [face_devil]

Doc

Ps I want a Worg( the big bear/cat thing the mountain orcs ride), some one is breeding them I just know it.

25. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Uhm, I'm gonna say no to the Worg idea, and yes, I did see the Orc and Uruk Hai at the show, but no, I didn't squeeze past y'all. I would have commented on the costumes, trust me. ;)

But Michael did say he was worried about losing a piece of his anatomy to y'all's knee pads. -=shakes her head=- Were I ever to dress up as a LoTR character, I'd have to tape the chest down, wear a wig, and be Frodo. I mean, heck, I'm just as tall as Elijah himself (and yes, I know they digitally shrunk him, but still) and I have the One Ring -=is currently invisible at work=-. So it only makes sense. Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.