main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Say Anything": A J/TK fic CRPA June Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheQueenMother, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheQueenMother

TheQueenMother Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2004
    Author: TheQueenMother
    Title: Say Anything
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Keywords: Tenel Ka, Jacen, TK/J
    Summary: When Tenel Ka is forced to pick a consort will Jacen be to late to finally profess his love?
    Notes: Thanks to Sword_of_SPEA for betaing for me. The story woulda been... not so goood without her. This is my response to the June CRPA challenge and my first response to any challenge, Star Wars or otherwise, so I hope I did it right. It's just a little over 10 Word pages but not really a long read at all I hope. Please review it if you read it. Just no flames. [face_worried] Thanks.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/HarleyQ2U/CRPAchallengeparticipant.jpg][:D]

Tenel Ka gritted her teeth, restraining herself from grabbing a heavy paperweight off her desk and hurling it at her grandmother sitting in front of her. It seemed her intentions were written on her face; as Ta?a Chume stopped talking and smiled, slyly.

?I don?t know why you are so opposed to this idea, granddaughter. There is pressure from all sides of the Consortium for you to marry and produce an heir. You?ve been in power for five years and have not even been seen in the company of another man,? Ta?a Chume said, her smile never failing.

?That?s not true. Jacen Solo frequently visits me when his duties allow,? Tenel Ka retorted.

?He is not seen as a romantic interest. You need a man that would be a good sire for Hapes? next ruler. While Jacen Solo is well respected in the GFFA, he is, after all, a Jedi. Do not forget, while a Jedi sits on the throne the general populace of the Consortium still harbors anti-Jedi sentiments. I doubt Master Solo will change their minds,? Ta?a Chume answered, almost choking on the title Master.

Tenel Ka held her tongue and decided to pretend to work on something else, hoping her grandmother would leave. She heard Ta?a Chume suck in a quick breath and stand.

?It doesn?t matter, the invitations have been sent and the hall is ready. Like it or not you will have a fiancé by the end of the weekend.?

Tenel Ka?s head snapped up and she fixed her grandmother with a deadly glare, suggesting, mentally, that she leave. Ta?a Chume bowed slightly, never breaking her gaze over her half veil with her granddaughter, then turned to leave the expansive offices held by the Queen Mother of Hapes in the Fountain Palace.

As the door closed and Tenel Ka was sure she was alone, she threw the writing utensil down hard on her desk and let out a frustrated sigh. Sitting back deep into her chair, she allowed herself a moment to calm down and collect her thoughts before continuing.

The ball came as a surprise during the usual meeting with her grandmother. The fact that it was happening in two standard days didn?t help her mood at all. How could she and her assistants miss Ta?a Chume and her henchwomen planning such a big event? Unless?

Slamming her right fist down on a button implanted in the top of the large desk she ordered her personal assistant to grace her with her presence. The large door opened and her assistant, a young girl she?d hand picked, hustled through, almost sprinting to stand before Tenel Ka. The girl bowed deeply but didn?t utter a word.

?Were you aware of Ta?a Chume?s ball this weekend?? Tenel Ka asked, all anger gone from her voice; she didn?t want to scare the girl? yet.

?No, Your Majesty,? the girl squeaked. ?Ta?a Chume is having a ball??

?You realize I?d know if you were lying, right??

?Yes, Your Majesty.?

?Good. So she never consulted you about my whereabouts for this coming weekend??

?No, she would not have to. As the former Queen Mother she has access to any and all information about your meetings and other plans at all times.?

This surprised Tenel Ka a bit, and she decided to file that information away for later use. That however didn?t resolve her problem.

?That?s all. Thank you.?

?If I may, what is the purpose of the ball this weekend, Your Majesty??

?Ta?a Chume has apparently invited eve

2. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    J/TK!!! [face_dancing]

Such a sweet fic!! Bravo =D=

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very sweet and I loved jacen's interaction with his family, too

4. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Welcome to the CRPA challenges!

Great job! I have to say that I think my favorite part was when Jaina told Jacen to wear his general's uniform--that all women fell for it. Although him deciding to stay put in that line if it took all night was definitely in for a close second!

*applauds*

~Carr

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *grins* While I have to admit it was a different pace than I'm used to see Tenel Ka's character in, I liked it.

For your first challenge entry, I hope you write more, TheQueenMother, this was very good...

and it's inspired me some... I think I'll have to try this challenge too! ;)

Great job!

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ?It doesn?t matter, the invitations have been sent and the hall is ready. Like it or not you will have a fiancé by the end of the weekend.?

Just a little pressure there huh? LOL Ahhh, so Ta?a Chume personally invited Jacen?? ;) itneresting. ;P

Okay, I had tears of happiness in my eyes as I got to the end. That was extremely satisfying. :D :D

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Great job! Did you get Valdemar from Heralds of Valdemar?

8. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    This story line is exactly how I picture it. Jacen almost being too late as she has to choose someone (by Hapan law).

?Whoa, Your Majesty. Where?s the fire?? he said, holding her at arm?s length, flashing a lopsided grin.[face_laugh]

Instead of answering, she wrapped her right arm around his neck and kissed him deeply. Opening up to the Force, she projected images of love, hoping he?d pick up on her feelings.[face_love]

Go Tenel! I swear this is the only way she's going to get him.

No words had to be exchanged for Tenel Ka to know Jacen?s feelings, but he did break the kiss and held Tenel Ka?s face gently in his hands, gazing deeply into her eyes. :*

Loved it.

Great job.

9. TheQueenMother

TheQueenMother Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2004
    Oh boy, you guys enjoyed it. I'm so happy guys, really! [face_blush] On to specific responses/thanks...

ZekksGoddess- Yeah. I only seem to write J/TK... not that that's a bad thing, right?

DarthIshtar- Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the post NJO Solo family. I feel they deserve a couple of smile and happy times after the horrid NJO almost tore them apart forever.

CarrKicksDoor- Ok first, I love your SN. I don't know why, I just do. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing. Your approval means alot to me. No joke! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Jade_Max- I figure Tenel Ka is semi-enjoying the job, helping people out and ensuring the prosperous future of Hapes, but at the same time she gets real sick of the powerplays in the older Hapen politicians. And I'll try to write more. I have tons of stories in the works (including a TK/Zekk one... :eek:) I hope to finish sometime this summer. I have about two more months.

Healer_Leona- Actually I had more to add on and its revealed that Isolder :eek: invited Jacen. Daddy wants his girl to by happy. :) I didn't like the rest of that part of the story so I just ended it where I did.

SilSolo- First I hope you're enjoying your trip. I got Valdemar from going to babynames.com and picking the V's list and just picking one at random... my beta thought I got it from Voldemort. I <3 babynames.com. :)

Lola64- Yeah I figured Tenel Ka would just jump into things head first, esp with Jacen. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And if ya'll lived in Indiana I'd send you cookies but since ya'll don't I'll just send you virtual cookies!

10. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    loved it! Excellent!!!

Fireyforce

11. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I love J/TK mush. They are so right for eachother and you wrote them each wonderfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.