Saga Say Goodnight, Not Goodbye (Obidala -I swear, it's very light, PG rated, nothing depressing!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Say Goodnight, Not Goodbye
    by Obi's Girl

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to the great flannel man, George Lucas. The Song, 'Say Goodnight, Not Goodbye' is by Beth Nielson Chapman.
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Padmé struggle to say goodbye to each other, takes place the night before he has to leave for Alderaan and Tatoonie...
    A/N: I?d also like to plug, I have another Obidala viggie on board, called ?Full of Grace?

Padmé sighed as she watched the sun set over Naboo; there was a stillness in the air. Two years ago, Naboo seemed to be filled with life but now, it seemed so dead like the rest of the galaxy. Nothing was as it used to be...For three years, her life had been a lie, a lie she wanted to believe.

The night Obi-Wan came to her and told her Anakin was dead, Padmé knew, she felt it; she felt him die. In fact, he'd been dead for years before that moment. She knew that; the way he'd hold her was different, the way he acted in general was cold and bitter. She knew there was something different about him but she didn't want to admit it to herself, because then she knew if she did, she'd lose herself.

She didn't despise Obi-Wan for being honest with her. Instead of pushing him away, they became closer. He stayed with her the nights she cried and held her when she had nightmares about a life that never was. Padmé was very grateful to him because unlike Anakin, he didn't leave her in the darkness. He stayed with her.

Say goodnight not good-bye
    You will never leave my heart behind
    Like the path of a star
    I'll be anywhere you are

Padmé loved him for staying with her. Love. That was a funny word. At first, she'd tell herself it was the feelings she had for Obi-Wan as simply a 'big brother/little sister' type relationship but she knew it was more than that.

There was a darkness in her heart, an empty void but now, it felt like every time he was around her, the void was filled with a very strong feeling of love. Every night they spent together, Padmé debated whether she should tell him but by the end of the night, she'd be too scared to say anything at all.

How could she tell her best friend she was falling in love with him in each passing day? But Padmé knew, eventually, she'd have to tell him. Days turned into weeks and then months before she knew, the day she'd been dreading was there.

Tomorrow at dawn, she'd never see him again. He was leaving her but this time involuntarily; he would be leaving with her babies. Obi-Wan had allowed her two weeks to be with them but now those two weeks were up and it was time to say goodbye.

Goodbye. That meant forever, she knew. They'd been separated once but that was only for a short while but this time would be forever. But Padmé didn't want it to be goodbye, to never see her children again as well as the man she truly loved. It wasn't fair.

In the spark that lies beneath the coals
    In the secret place inside your soul
    Keep my light in your eyes
    Say goodnight not good-bye

It shouldn't be like this, Ben, she cried to herself, I don't want to let you go and leave me forever. As she stood there, she felt a strong pair of arms wrap themselves around her waist and smiled.

"Goodbye is not forever, Padmé," he said, "We'll see each other again someday,"

Padmé frowned as she turned to him, looking into his blue eyes -- his eyes - they used to be filled with so much energy but now, they seemed so old, aging. Time had forced them to grow up in their own worlds and face reality as it was meant to be.

"We won't, Ben. I know it,? she cried, ?It?ll never happen,?

Obi-Wan smiled half-heartedly; he knew too after tonight he?d never see Padmé again. How could they? What was happening the galaxy wasn?t something that was going to change overnight. It was going to be a very dark for a long time and the one man that could stop it all was too absorbed in his newfound power. ?Padmé??

She shrugged and turned away from him, ?I can?t do this, Ben?How am I supposed to jus
  2. Princess1 Jedi Master

star 4
    It was the sweetest kiss; nothing like the kisses she shared with Anakin. It was a different feeling. For months, she imagined what it would be like to kiss him but she never thought it would be this wonderful, this sweet and yet, bittersweet as it was going to be their only kiss.

?Say goodnight, Padmé, not goodbye,? he whispered in her ear.

Oh my gosh.....that is so sad....so sweet. But mush! [face_love]

3. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks, princess :D actually, your first obidala viggie inspired this one a little bit.

and i hope you write more obidala viggies, too ;)

~aeryn
  4. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's so sad. I was on the verge of crying when I read it. You're a great story teller, my friend. I'll keep writing the happy Obidala stories. You keep writing the sad ones. Deal?
  5. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll keep writing the happy Obidala stories. You keep writing the sad ones.

thanks lady :d I realize i'm good at writing depressing/angst material but too much of it, can be very depressing. some fluff/romance is good, too. call it half and half :D

~aeryn
  6. NyghtFyre Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice job Aeryn! I usually don't tend to like much Obidala stuff but this was well written and very touching. Kepp up the good work, I look forward to reading more of your writing! :)
  7. Princess1 Jedi Master

star 4
    awww, mine inspired yours just a teenie bit? *blush* whoa, my ego just hit the ceiling. ;)
  8. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks NyghtFyre :d and princess, you find as you write more obidala fanfics, you'll either be inspired by other authors or they'll be inspired by your work. it's the biggest compliment :D

~aeryn
  9. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  10. Lady-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree on being inspired. I read other Obidala fics and get inspired. I just wrote, 'My son, My heir: From the Journal of Benjamin Lars Kenobi'. It's a prequal to 'Reflections on Fatherhood: From the Journal Of Benjamin Lars Kenobi'.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.