main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Say Hello To the Newest Member of the Family

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, the Jedi Temple here on Coruscant wishes to announce the newest Padawan to be adopted into the fold.

Yesterday, we adopted (another rescue) an approximately 4 month old light Flame Siamese which (after much debate) is now christened as...
    Aragorn!

Extremely white, rabbit soft fur, with what looks like a grease smudge on the top of his head.

The "flame on the ears and tail is barely visable, and the face shows a small bit when the lighting is right. At this time, we're not sure, but it appears that he is deaf. Absolutely no response to any kind of auditory stimuli. So, he has already learned the Sign for "No!." Loves to be held, purr that you can hear throughout the house! Spoiled rotten already. And completely "adored" by his older brothers, Mushu and Stitch. ("Can you feel the love tonight" - notice the immense SARCASM there) LOL[face_laugh]

[Course poor Aragon will probably not be so happy to live with us when he realizes that he is going to the vet on Wed to get "tutored!") [face_whistling]

Hugs to all.

Master K and Siri

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL! I thought I was getting repalced! :p

PICTURES??? [face_batting]

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Aww...he sounds adorable!
    I'm glad to hear that you adopted another furry friend. More reason for me to come out there and play with your critters! :)

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    You! Never!

And Hawkie, come on down. They would all LOVE to be spoiled even more than they already are. :)

5. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, I'm getting used to my camera, so right now all the Critter Pics are of fuzzies walking out of the picture. Lots of Tails, hineys, and black (and now white) blurrs. Gotta love that delete button! [face_laugh]

6. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Your kitten's points will probably darken after the first year -- on a lot of the Oriental breeds (my friend breeds Turkish Vans) they all are born with the really soft fur, then they kind of 'eject' it when they're 1 (not all at once, don't worry) and get rid of the 'baby' hair. Their points darken up after this, so your cat's flame will probably russet out beautifully. One of the Vans' 'moulting' period was really weird -- he's black, and all the hair on his tail kinda died out at the same time, so he was this black cat with a giant GRAY plume-y squirrel-tail for about two months (you should see the pictures!), and then it turned black again and was much thicker and darker. He has a smoke undercoat, but this was really out of left field. Anyway, happy kitty!

The Parrot

7. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Sweeeet. Now you just need to dress him up as a pirate.

Or not.

>.<

8. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Congratulations on your newest furry Youngling. :)

- Kai

9. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Koolness, Kenobi!

My newest little terror was found outside my apartment last Sept 2.

Coal-black, but in the sunlight she's a deep chocolate brown. Goes by the name of Shaak Ti (almost got the name Darth Kitty). She has a blast terrorizing the second oldest of the group, an almost 5-yr-old grey tabby named Ki-Adi-Mundi. Along with Princess Leia and Mistress Munchkin my house is full of fur-children. (Can't tell I'm a SW fan now can you???)

Congrats on the newest member of your family, Kenobi!

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I hope your kitty's colors darken. My friend has a flame point and he is beautiful!! Nice sleek coat with orange-y tips of his ears and tail and a bit on his head. He's got the personality of a 3 year old hyped up on sugar though. Watch your power cables and anything that's not nailed down. ;)

On another note: I want to adopt one of the research kitties here at work. I'm hoping they end the project soon and announce that they will be up for adoption. *fingers crossed*

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Where do you work? Mutant kitties? ;)

- Kai

12. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Pthththt :p
    No, I work at UC Davis with the lab animals. So yes, they are tested on, but these are the friendliest kitties in the world who have had minimal procedures done. Basically they were given fleas to study some disease transmission.....but they lost the fleas. That's right...the one time they wanted cats to get fleas and the fleas disappeared. hee hee hee

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, Aragorn is definitely doing the "3-year-old on Sugar" thing. I have wanted a Siamese for quite a while, so I've done some pretty extensive research on them. But, since he does have the little "grease spot" on top of his head, I'm 99% sure he isn't full-blood. Which is ok. He has the personality ("Please keep all hands, fingers and eatable objects inside the ride at all times") If he does color up...that would be awsome, but if not, that's ok too. But, as for now, we have to laugh.. after we named him, it was noticed that he has Viggo's Cheekbones. LOL

Here hoping you get to adopt yours, Hawkie! :)

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003

Hmmmmmm... and the answer is...

Wait for it.....

Keep waiting....

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The little guy deserves to keep SOME dignity! :D

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
  16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMFJAO!! That is hysterical. I especially love the "Give me your money" one. The cat doing the "choke hold" on the other cat.. the look on his face is priceless!

17. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Very adorable!

It just goes to prove..... some people have WAAAAAAAAAY to much time on their hands!!!!!

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    \
    LOL. Oh yeah.. there is definitely more than one. "If I could, I would kill you in your sleep." look from some of those critters! [face_laugh]

Anways, Aragorn survived the "Tutoring" is back home, and the Doc thinks that he may not be deaf after all! (Just more interested in the Universe around him than in paying attention to us.) Isn't that just like a cat? (Or a Strider!) :cool:

19. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    "Cats are good...half in, half out" -Constantine :D
    ain't that the truth

20. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Dignity for cats? You HAVE met our cat Simba haven't you? Remember, the one you gave us who rediscovers the ceiling and then leads you to where he eats 15 times a day? The one who's caboose is only slightly associated with the rest of him? The one who when he does something he knows is wrong and you shout his name only looks at you with a dull look of "What? You talking to me?"?

Dignity for cats. BAH!

Since when?

But I will say that Simba, who never grumps at anything, did NOT appreciate it when we tried to put the Disney "Build A Bear" shirt on him. It's like he grew them back for a moment, he actually growled and hissed.

Guess he's got issues with a park run by a mouse or something.

But then a moment later he noticed the ceiling, forgave us and showed us where he eats.

Again.

You can see the convesation in his eyes, it's like he saying, "Hey, lets do lunch! Oh, you don't want any? Say, then you don't mind if I have your share then, do you? *munches away* Wow, look the ceiling.. ooooohhhh neat! Hey, let's do lunch!" *etc. repeat frequently*

He's got the attention span and memory of a goldfish.

The boy is weird, but then I think of who gave him to us, and it's all explained.

*grins*

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Sid, Ya love us, I can tell! [face_laugh]

22. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    <<But then a moment later he noticed the ceiling, forgave us and showed us where he eats. >>

LOL! I thought my cat was the only one who had that behavior cycle! She's pretty smart in other arenas, but she--too--does the "Wow, a wall. Hey, check out my food dish! No, c'mere! Look! Wow, a wall..." routine...

23. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Got pictures of him trying to fit into a box about three times smaller than he is, but that's don't stop him. Sometimes he takes a good run up to get to ramming speed and both he and the box slide all over the room.

He's not bright, but he's sweet.

In kind of a stooopid way, sharp as a light bulb, bright as a tack, but sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.