main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Say it aint so.....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lazer310, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    I must of missed this somewhere along the line, so tell me if this is old news. Lucas is putting Jar Jar in ANH?? I read at Aint it cool that along with the Padme scene in ROTJ, Lucas is going to add Jar Jar to A New Hope. Has anyone heard of this, or am I just out of the loop?

Chris

2. Vader1029

Vader1029 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    I hadn't heard about this, but I wouldn't be surprised by it. This goes right along with my thoughts on the Padme scene for ROTJ.

3. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I really hope that it doesn't happen, but I wouldn't be very surprised about it either. I haven't heard anything though.

4. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    This is completely new to me as well. But like I said with the Natalie thread, maybe we'll get lucky and it wil be something that we have the option of watching or not.

5. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    At this pace, why doesn't Lucas just redo 4-6 altogether!! I'm sure with all of ILMs' computers they can make Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher look young again! (insert rimshot here)
    Seriously though, where would Jar Jar fit into ANH? Maybe a new scene or something. Remeber when the special editions came out and everybody was siked because there was going to be extra footage? Now it's getting out of hand.

6. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I Know where Jar Jar would fit in ANH, and its somewhere we would all love him to be...ALDERAAN!!! God wouldn't that rock, not only would he get killed, but destroyed by a superlaser fired from the death star.

7. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    You might be more right than you know.
    Perhaps the new footage is of Alderrann right before it's destruction, and we see Bail Organna with an ageing Jar-Jar in the government complex.

8. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    From what I originally heard, the bail organa part was right anyway...they wanted to show the perspective of those people who lost their lives to a senseless showing of power.

9. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    That, I think, would be kind of cool to see. Just imagine the last thing they see being the Death Star hovering in the sky.

10. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Yeah. I bet they didn't think the last thing through their mind would be a superlaser capable of destroying a planet...ok, bad joke, but it had to be said...

11. Jorda_Fett

Jorda_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    is gl nuts what da heck is he doing i hate jarjar

12. Jon_Solo

Jon_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I wish GL would stop messing with the OT. Sure clean it up a little, make it prettier but you cna't even buy the original cuts anymore...

13. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on that one. By this point he really shouldn't do any more tinkering with the OT.

14. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Hence why we should have the option of watching it on the dvds if we want to.

15. Jon_Solo

May 29, 2002
    I think that is an EXCELLENT idea. That way you can be as nostalgic or progressive as you want.

16. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    Is anyone worried that by the time that SW comes out on DVD, the format will be obsolete, and we will forced to wait for the holocube? Just a random thought.

Chris

17. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] Maybe Chris, maybe. At the rate things are going it's a definite possibility.

18. galen-kenobi

galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I want an option on the DVD to watch Star Wars without the "Episode IV/A New Hope" on the scroll. I mean, if you want in its original form, that's the way it should be, right?

19. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    I find I must agree with you Tom. If you want it truly in its orginal form it does need to be without EpIV/ANH. I really want the option on the DVD.

20. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    That Wasn't on the scroll????

21. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Not on the original one CJ.

22. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Well, I'll be...I always thought it was there since George wanted it to be like one of those serial films from the past...this really comes as a shock to me...

23. Yadle

Yadle Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    As much as I would like an option on the DVDs to view IV,V,and VI as they were origially relased, I don't think it is going to happen.

A friend of mine forwarded me an article in with George Lucas said that the orignal versions were destroyed when making the Special Editions. According to the article, this means that he is only going to release IV,V, and VI in the SE format.

24. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    That's very sad :( I wonder how they got destroyed.

25. Jon_Solo

May 29, 2002
    Darth Edit got a little too excited with the lightsaber I bet ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.