main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Say it aint so.....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lazer310, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    By Darth Edit, you mean Lucas' Dark side alter ego, correct? Actually, no, I must accept the blame...I used the original film to stuff my pillows...How was I supposed to know the original trilogy was on those reels?

2. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    So it was you all along!?! I should have known! ;-)

3. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I knew CJ was a troublemaker from the moment I met him ;)

4. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Indeed. I could feel it. The dark side is strong in him. I hate competition!

5. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Uh oh. I since a battle coming on. :D

6. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    A battle? Oh no. These days the Sith try to get along with one another. We once again believe in the old idea of "strength in numbers".

7. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Unbeknownst to all, I shot him in the butt with force lightning to get him to agree to that...;-)

8. Jon_Solo

Jon_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Frankly, I'm shocked...

Sorry...

9. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Yes, and the burn mark is still going down!

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    The going rumor on the Jar Jar scene in the Uber-DVD edition is something to the effect of Bail Organa on Alderaan talking via-hologram with Jar Jar on Coruscant about the Emperor dissolving the senate. The other items I heard about included a quick scene of the Emperor telling Vader to blow up Alderaan and then a few cosmetic things like a picture of Qui-Gon in Ben's home.

I don't know if any of those are true or not...it's hard to tell anymore if there's any fact behind it or if it's just accepted "fan speculation". I'm hoping if nothing else GL re-visits the ANH-SE Jabba. A good first effort, but with the tools he has now, Jabba needs a makeover.

11. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Thanks for the info Sebulba. I hadn't heard any of those rumors. I guess I could agree with a short appearance of Jar-Jar in that respects even though I'm not a Jar-Jar fan.

12. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    screw that, I hate it when lucas tinkers with the film even more than before...ok, so alter the jabba, make him look more like the jabba we all know and love...for godsake I don't care if you make a latex jabba and get someone to push him around, but redo that crap. BUT, i stand firm in renouncing jar jar in E4. Organa, yes, place him, and thousands of fleeing citizens on alderaan(George, if you need extras, PM Me and I will be where you need me, when you need me), but Jar Jar has no bearing on E4. He made the imperium, now he can die horribly in episode 3...come on, everyone knows that, should jar jar die a grisly death, episode 3 will be THE highest grossing film known to man, with people seeing it every day for a month straight. And besides, every thing lucas adds to this Uber-trilogy needs to be taken into my arguements for a release of the old trilogy(I have made up my mind...make the A new hope title optional as well), even if it is to be included on the same dvd or with the other dvds. Come on Lucas, hit me with your best shot... I will start saving my money now, and by the time you release them I will be willing to spend my pharmacy 10,000 dollar signing bonus to buy them. So lets dance, and maybe, if you don't skyrocket the price on them, you will be able to sell more than just two copies(one to me and one to master P).
    CJ

13. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    Don't hold anything in CJ, it's bad for you.

14. Yadle

Yadle Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    I agree with DarthFloyd for the most part. However, according to the Radio Dramas, the Emperor gave the Grand Moff Tarkin a 'Free Hand' in deciding what planets to annihilate(Vader was against Alderaan's destruction in the Radio Dramas).

Then again things could always be changed. It wouldn't surprise me in a bit.

15. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, he could change what the radio dramas stated, or what I mentioned earlier could be completely false...and anything in between. I'm more than happy to let GL fiddle with the movies as much as he wants, but as soon as the DVD box set comes out, that's that. Anymore changes will just be something to see when I get around to renting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.