main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Say It Isn't So! (SBS Spoilers!! Do not neglect that fact!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigandy

jedigandy Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2001
    Amen! 'Nuff Said.

2. Young_Skywalker

Young_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2001
    Maybe the Vong turned Anakin into an alien and that's why no one could feel him through the force. . . it *is* star wars :)

3. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Another song with some relevence: "Turn off the lights" by Nelly Furtado has one line in the chorus that goes "Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems"... hehe ;)

4. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Hmmm... interesting example Tahiri. Here's two I thought of that may be relevent, both are Creed songs:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "One Last Breath"
    Please come now I think I'm falling
    I'm holding on to all I think is safe
    It seems I've found the road to nowhere
    And I'm trying to escape
    I yelled back when I heard thunder
    But I'm down to one last breath
    And with it let me say
    Let me say

Hold me now
    I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
    Maybe six feet
    Ain't so far down

I'm looking down now that it's over
    Reflecting on all of my mistakes
    I thougt I found the road to somewhere
    Somewhere in His grace
    I cried out heaven save me
    But I'm down to one last breath
    And with it let me say
    Let me say

Hold me now
    Maybe six feet
    Ain't so far down

I'm so far down

Sad eyes follow me
    But I still believe there's something left for me
    So please come stay with me
    'Cause I still believe there's something left for you and me
    For you and me
    For you and me

Hold me now

Hold me now
    Maybe six feet
    Ain't so far down

Hold me now
    Maybe six feet
    Ain't so far down

Please come now I think I'm falling
    I'm holding on to all I think is safe

"My Sacrifice"
    Hello my friend we meet again
    It's been a while where should we begin? feels like forever
    Within my heart are memories
    Of perfect love that you gave to me
    I remember

When you are with me
    I'm free... I'm careless... I believe
    Above all the others we'll fly
    This brings tears to my eyes
    My sacrifice

We've seen our share of ups and downs
    Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant
    It feels so good to reunite
    Within yourself and within your mind
    Let's find peace there

When you are with me
    My sacrifice

I just want to say hello again

When you are with me
    My sacrifice

When you are with me
    My sacrifice
    My sacrifice

My sacrifice
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew... and I don't even have a copy of the lyrics in front of me.
    Either I have a great memory or I listen to those songs too often (or both, lol).
    Every time I listen to those songs they remind me of Anakin.
    Thoughts? Opinions?

5. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I love that song...

6. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    wow. i bet we could convince the NJO authors to bring him back even if they'd decided not to, you guys are so convincing.

7. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    J_A_S -- Good examples, they always remind me of Anakin too! The reason I put Nelly Furtado song was cuz I was just listening to it on winamp and I paid attention to the lyrics for a second and the line was "Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems" and my mind worked like this: Magic world = Star Wars = Jedi = Anakin and wallah, I put it up. 8-}

Lady_Tahiri -- that's good though...I really hope that one of the upcoming authors have read some of the posts here, there are a lot of good points made!

Nyahahaha, I'm posting part 4 of my fic on the fan fiction boards...go read, please! :)

8. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Oooooooooooo, do you mean your Anakin/Tahiri FanFic?
    I love that FanFic! I'm on my way!

9. Grand_Admiral_Xian

Grand_Admiral_Xian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2001
    He'll be back... He'll be back...
    Right Chewie?
    Chewie?!?
    *Glancing around wildly looking for a wookie*
    Ok... maybe he won't be back, but I hope hew will...

10. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Yay, I just got Harry Potter 4 in German! I'm taking the language, so I figured it'd be useful to try to read some German too...at first I had thought that getting a really long book would give me more practice, since I'd have more to read, but now I'm thinking: "WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN THINKING?!?! YOU HAVE FIVE BOOKS TO READ IN THE NEXT 3 DAYS!!!!!" Argh, and they're all classics and long too...I can't stand those books... Oh well... Thanks for reading my fic J_A_S!

11. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    J_A_S, nice to see another Creed fan. I thought i was the only one. PS** that CD is on loop right now! :D

How did Anakin die anyway? i havent yet read SbS

12. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    You're taking German Tahiri?

Ich habe Deutsche Klasse auch in der Schule. Ich bin eine Sophomore. Welches Jahre in der Schule bist du?

13. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I don't want to know...

14. Corellia_Sunrise

Corellia_Sunrise Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2001
    Tahiri, tell me again why Anakin can't be a tragic hero. My teaches have led me to believe that a tragic hero suffers a "tragic fall" not a "fall from grace". It would seem that death qualifies as a trigic fall. Anakin certain meets Aristotle's six characteristics of a tragic hero. I'm not trying to argue with you, but I think you had some valid points and would like to hear more.

15. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Anakin cannot be dead. I recently thought that maybe Jacen is still on Myrkr so Anakin can save him. I think that since Anakins body is still being heald by the Vong then there has to be some significance in that.

16. maxim_reality

maxim_reality Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2001
    well i reckon that creed is a good band i also reckon that the song my sacrfice is a cool song for anakin solo.going on i have not read SbS as of yet 'cause i cant find it where i live (Australia) but since i read these forums i know what pretty much happens in the book.

My veiw is that Anakin is not dead.
    He will come back.

but can u guys out there explain what did happen to Anakin and why the others thought he was dead? (thank you if ya help)

another good song would be Onelove by the prodigy (my fav band) for Anakin and Tahiri
    there arn't many words apart from one love but it's a good song anyway.

Maxim_Reality was talking to you

17. VeGeX

VeGeX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    Jedi_Anakin_Solo:

I did not insult Anakin or say negative things about him

If you actually look at a post I made earlier, I did say Anakin was a great Jedi Knight and it was tragic that he died. I never said I wanted him dead and I never said he deserved to die. I only said Anakin Solo is over-rated.

Chewbacca died, not that many people thought that he should come back. Chewie did much more things than Anakin... him and Han had many adventures as seen in Han Solo Trilogy and Adventures.

Chewie played a larger part in EU than Anakin ever will. Don't get me wrong, I like Anakin Solo... his death changed a lot of things - it was a turning point in the entire NJO. It is understandable why so many people want him back, but I think the amount of people wanting to bring him back is ridiculous

18. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    "but I think the amount of people wanting to bring him back is ridiculous"

Oh I see. You're not insulting Anakin, you're insulting us.
    Yess... that's much better (lol).

19. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Look how this thread has taken off and I haven't been here. Okay, let me see, I have to think of what to say. maxim_reality I also live in Australia, my dad managed to find SBS in Sydney. If you live in a state capital they would usually would have it, otherwise they are very hard to find. Tahiri, I agree. Nelly's song completely fits, especially that one line. I was just listening to that song by the way, I'm a big fan.

Anakin's death was literally a 'fall from grace' in a way. He'd down so much, survived so much, only to be cut down in his prime by the Vong. It's a shame really, he was the second most powerful Jedi and they had to kill him off. Ooh, who here can speak German? The only other language I know is Japanese and then I need somebody to hold a conversation with.

Lady Tahiri, we Anakin fans can do anything if we try :D Now all we need to find the phone number of the author who is writing 'Dark Journey'

Am [face_love]

20. jedigandy

jedigandy Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2001
    "Chewie played a larger part in EU than Anakin ever will."

?!?!?!?!?

We've read about Chewbacca since the beginning of the EU. In that amount of time, he is usually portrayed as a glorified babysitter. He's always babysitting the kids on Kashyyyk while Han and Leia are having the adventures. We've only recently been introduced to Anakin Solo. In that time, he's defeated the Emperor Reborn, repaired Centerpoint Station, defeated more Yuzzhan Vong than any other Jedi, and gained Jedi abilities that no other Jedi has.

I would say that Anakin Solo has already done as much for the EU as Chewbacca did...if not more.

21. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Ja, ich bin auch eine Sophomore, und es ist meine dritte jahr in der Deutsch stunde. Ich fule dass Deutsch blod ist. :)

The "fall from grace" is the same as a "tragic fall" and it is not a literal thing -- death is NOT the fall. The "fall" is in the person themself, when they start to change for the worse, until their final death. It's a process, and there is not one single thing that defines this in a character. To "fall from grace" or to have a "tragic fall" metaphorically means to be a good person, a good thing, but to slowly change into not such a good person/thing. Lemme use Elvis as an example:

Elvis started out a popular singer and stuff, he was relatively a clean person. Afterwards, (I think he got depressed or something, I'm not sure) he started using drugs. That is the first step in his "fall from grace" or "tragic fall." Then he didn't stop using drugs. That is the second step. He died from his addiction, which was the end of his fall. It's harder to analyze "tragic falls" with real people, just because they're not put into the heroic situations, but Elvis did have a "tragic fall" in the end.

Here's another way to show the process, and a much more dramatic character: Take Anakin Skywalker, and imagine him standing on the rooftops of Coruscant. It's all nice and pretty from all the way up there, but he starts to climb down, and as he does, the view is getting worse, because you can't see everything as nicely. Then let's say that Anakin trips and falls all the way down to the lower levels of Coruscant where there are thieves and it's filthy and everything. The lesson for Anakin would be never to climb the rooftops of Coruscant again; but alas, he'd probably die from the impact of hitting the ground. That would be a "fall from grace" or "tragic fall", you see? This person had the potential to be so much more and because of human traits (jealousy, hate, anger, fear), they tragically die as a person who succumbed to their own desires.

It's more of a process than anything else, and Anakin Solo is not a tragic character because a death alone cannot be a "fall from grace". You could say he was a byronic hero, but I don't want to get into that >.<

22. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Tahiri: Ja, deutsche Klasse ist sehr blod. Dieses Jahr ist meine vierte Jahre.

jedigandy: I agree, Anakin contributed at least as much, if not more, to the EU as Chewie.

23. VeGeX

Dec 15, 2001
    I'm not insulting anyone... I wouldn't care less that there are that many people wishing Anakin to be alive. I'm merely stating my opinion in this discussion forum.

As for the person saying Anakin did more than Chewie: if Chewie hadn't saved Anakin in Sernpidal... he would not have appeared in all the novels beyond VP. Chewie saved Han in Black Fleet Crisis, protected the children in Corellian Crisis and got himself injured protecting the children in Crystal Star.

Chewie protects our beloved Solo children, in that he has contributed much to EU.

24. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Chewie did a great serive to the galaxy, but so did Anakin, I think. Both were good people. Neither deserved to die :(

J_A_S - Argh, German drives me nuts! I can't do the word order at all >.<

25. VeGeX

Dec 15, 2001
    I thought Elegos' death was tragic

He was brave... unfortunately negotiating peace with creatures dedicated to war caused his demise :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.