main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD "Say, look at the fluffy one" - Serenity RPG thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kit' , Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    If I can manage to pull off the characterisation (or if someone is willing to help) then yes, it can happen as an adventure if people want.
    I'd be happy to help, jumping in as a show/movie character if need be. It'd be fun.

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Okay, list of people who have said they are interested (and then the characters of those that have picked).

Casual Jedi - Mechanic (and fightin' type)
    BigBossNass
    Grieyls - Captain
    Marvin -
    MS -
    Gooba - Pilot
    Kahlan -

Anyone else?

Thanks for the offer of help BBN, much appreciated. Will have to see how all the characters pan out before we get started with character creation.

Kithera

3. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Can I be a fightin' type?

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    You surely can

Kithera

5. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't really know what I want to be. I'm not too fussy about it.

6. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    The first, and only time, I've ever played an old fashion RPG it was a complete disaster, but I would be willing to give it another go... Mechanic or pilot for me.......

7. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    A medic'd be fun..although I might throw up occasionally. Can I be a superbly skilled and caring medic with a weak stomach? LOL..ooo do I get to see guy's chests??

8. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Hmmm, 8 players should be fun :p

Well we can certainly have a couple of mechanics (especially if people also take other non mechanic stuff.

And Kahlan, that sounds awesome. I like characters with a bit of complexity.

Well Lozza, I'm not sure how well this'll go (inexperience on everyone's parts) but hopefully it'll be okay.

If people start coming up with character concepts that'll be a mighty help when we put the characters together.

Kithera

9. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Say what!? You want us to think? :p

Hmmmm, I usuualy find my characters personality as I play them, still I'll let you know if I think of anything. ;)

10. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Aw, I was thinking of a medic too. :p An old, crotchetty, heavy drinking, half-crippled old war vet from the Alliance side.

11. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Niave, innocent Pilot type with a very, very dark past he has no memory of. May or may not be a wanted man by the Alliance. Or;

Very young pilot, not even 20. Can fly the boat well, but is inexperienced in many off-world happenings. Been on board only 3 months, replacing a pilot killed by Reavers.

I'll think some more.

12. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I was thinking grumpy, sarcastic mechanic with strong anti-social (anti-people) tendencies.

13. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Trigger happy, armed to the teeth and itching to shoot at things. Maybe even an eye-patch.

14. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Casual Jedi - Mechanic (and fightin' type)
    BigBossNass - Medic (Alliance War Vet)
    Grieyls - Captain
    MS - Fightin' type. Itchin' to shoot anything!! Eye patch! (Depth perception, anyone?) :p
    Gooba - Pilot (Niave with dark past or kid pilot)
    Kahlan - Medic - queezy but caring and skilled.
    Lozza - Mechanic - Grumpy, anti-social (or pilot)

Marvin - ??
    Cargin - ??

Roles:

Mechanic
    Captain
    Fightin' type
    Social Character
    Medic
    Pilot
    (or something other!)

Hey Loz, How about we give Casual the Engineer, you the Pilot, and I keep my Jeckel/Hyde character for a passenger or "Social Charcter"? I like the anti-social grumpy thing if you'd apply it to a Pilot as well. Could be very interesting, the relationship between Pilot and Captain... [face_thinking]

15. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    lol yeah like I said I'll take pilot or mech. and it doesn't really bother me either way

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Shiny, this is all comin' together.

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Only thing we really need to know is when and where. ;)

18. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    On My Mechanic Character...
    A self taught fixer of things mechanical, with a very Zen/Taoist approach of the way things should be. A complicated mix of a pragmatist and a perfectionist, I'm constantly on the Captain's back for upgrades to the ship's systems. I can sometimes be too methodical for my own good, but I always try to look for the best possible out come for the ship.

On the fightin' side, my hobby apart from things mechanical is fighting. Though not out of any malicious intent to harm, or any real pent-up aggression. My fascination with fighting lies in the honour of unarmed combat between two willing participants. In turn, I have been a student of many philosophies/schools of thought, in the art of the one-on-one stoush. I will use a firearm in defense of myself and my crew, yet I have little interest in any War and I see no honour in the way of the Gun.

19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    That's the eternal question Grieyls.

Could probably have it at my house one night during the week. Still have to get a copy of the gorram book though.

Kithera

20. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    You know....

If we all put in $30 a week, we could own our own apartment before we know it!, and then we'd always have somewhere to hang!

:D

21. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    By gum I think your onto something there! :D

22. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Yeah, sure, I dig it K...
    Something like a GeeK YMCA.
    Got a theme song figured out and everything.

Young GeeKs, there's no need to feel down.
    I said young GeeKs...

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Well, I should have the book late next week. So we should be cool to go from there.

Kithera

24. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Excellent. [face_mischief]

25. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Sorry I havent responded to this thread yet guys:

What does a 'social character' entail? Is that a miscellaneous thingy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.