main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph mmMMMmm... The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Discussion in 'Community' started by Andalite-Bandit, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    Earlier today I saw the classic 80's film The Dark Crystal for 9.99 and I said "I am going to purchase this!"

So when I got home I thought, "Say, I think I'll look this up on imdb and find out neat informations on this film."

However, when I searched for Dark Crystal, not only did I find Dark Crystal, but a listing that was as follows: "The Power of the Dark Crystal (2006)"

Whaaaaaat?

Dont believe me!? See for yourself! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460907/

The plot description is: "Many years after the events that have taken place during the original Dark Crystal (1982) film, Jen and Kira are now as king and queen guardians of the crystal. When the crystal is once again split, Jen and Kira must fight in order save the kingdom"

What to think of this!

One of the scriptwriters was the scriptwriter from the original, so it might be neat.

Will they use puppets again, or will they go with CGI? A combination perhaps?

Comment on this interesting movie news.

2. PrelateZeratual

PrelateZeratual Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    DDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

that is totolly cool!!! I loved the first one...if this promises to be good and CGI and the like I will DEFINITLY see it

3. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I think I remember hearing this rumor years ago. Might be one of those projects where the script is circling hollywood and hasn't got approval and someone on IMDB just keeps moving the date up

4. Shalott

Shalott Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    I have no problem with a squeal. I just want Muppets and Brian Froud to do the art direction again.

*Le Hijack*They're also remaking The Last Unicorn in live action. Its filming in New Zealand right now. *Le Hijacking has now ceased*

5. Walken

Walken Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2004
    Never heard of that film ever in my lifetime.

6. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I second Walken.

7. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    You've never heard of Dark Crystal!? What!?

8. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    That's probably because it sucks.

9. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    It is a classic 80's fantasy adventure type childrens film, the same type thing as Labrynth or Neverending Story, except Dark Crystal is made entirely with awesome looking puppet creatures and has no human characters. It is very good.

10. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Looking back on what I remember about "Neverending Story" I begin to suspect that the entire thing was one shared, communal LSD fantasy that we all had.

11. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    EBB, The Dark Crystal is actually a suprisingly good, yet wired movie from that period in the 80's when Jim Henson was into wierd dark films. Imagine labyrinth but infinatly better, except for the lack of Jennifer Connely(sp?), but hey, it lacks Bowie and his lether pants bulge and strange mirrored balls, which is a plus.

All in all, good film, slightly wierd, but infintiley cool. I would love to see a sequel.

So, when does the sequel to Legend come out? :p

Picture it - Legend II: The Evil Xenu and the Thetan Plague.

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

13. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    sounds cool! :)

14. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    bad, bad Idea methinks. the original one was horrid. why make another?

SWA.

15. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Money Money Money Money.

16. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    I third Walken.

17. BobaFett22

BobaFett22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2005
    The Dark Crystal is a fantastic movie. Such a dark twisted movie. If u don't own it u should consider u're dvd collection null and void!!!!

The sequel is set to come out in early 2007 and it will be cgi...the script is being written by henson's son and daughter...the movie is not up in the air...it is definitely coming out!!!!! Gelfling Power!!!!

18. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    i lub you even more now, BobaFett22 [face_love]

i'm such a geek. i love the Dark Crystal (anyone else love the narration that Crystal Method used in their remix?), NeverEnding Story, Labrynth, etc....all those movies rock. :)

19. BobaFett22

BobaFett22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2005
    Thank you, Sarkavrae...[face_love] I bought Labrynth and Dark Crystal as a dvd set... I love the neverending story as well! My friends and I r waiting for Dark Crystal sequel...Hope it is nearly as good as original!

20. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Just what we need, a sequel to an astronomically overrated Henson flick!

21. -nada-

-nada- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    I never saw The Dark Crystal. Is it good enough to rent, or so crappy that I should wait for it to be shown on TV on a late Tuesday night?

22. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Sure it's CGI? that would be quite a shame if it was. I'd like to see a few Hollywood people going back to the old days. just look at wallace and grommit, and Chicken run and such. They have turned out being very well, and are classics for kids at least. I'd like to see puppets do it instead. I think technology is cool, very much so. But I have even greater respect for those that decide not to utalize it and go for the old ways too. I personally thought it would have been neat had they done the PT in stop motion or by real models too.

Just my opinion though. it's good to see a sequel is coming out. I thought the first one was great.

~JW

23. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    I remember seeing this on ComingSoon.net a few months ago. I described it as either the best or worst news I had heard all day.

Please, Henson Productions, do not screw this up.

24. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I just bought The Dark Crystal at Best Buy for $10, hopefully it's good.

25. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999

You actually just named the reason I like that movie, Darth.

[image=http://www.pixeltech.com.au/~dags/jareth.gif]

You cannot resist the bulge...

Unless you're male, in which case I can understand completely where you're coming from.

But anyway, Dark Crystal sequel: YAY! I haven't seen that movie in ages, but I do remember loving it. Happy dance! [face_dancing]