main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Saying goodbye- AU, drama-ish, Thrawn/Pellaeon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Pelly-Welly, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Hi everybody! Now, my bio clearly says I'm not much of a drama person. Why am I writing a drama fic then? Well...I don't know... Just read and review and try not to laugh/stare at me..

Summary: This fic is set in a universe where Thrawn and Pellaeon never got together on the Chimaera.
    Time: set during epIII, I think. Thrawn and Pellaeon with flashbacks to their time on Carida (the Imperial Training Center)
    disclaimer: SW is George Lucas/Tim Zahn's. The song "Against all Odds" is © Phil Collins. Dowload it, it's beautiful.
    I'm pretty sure this fic contains spelling errors, but I'm doing my very best, so bear with me ;)

Well, long intro, but finally, here we go:
    Captain Ardiff marched over the bridge of Imperial stardestroyer Chimaera. His hands were clasped behind his back. He calmly walked to the command chair and saluted
    "Admiral Thrawn"
    No answer came. "Sir?" Again no answer.
    Ardiff sighed. Thrawn had been like this since It had happened. It. Another sigh. He missed Pellaeon, missed him so much. And yet, his grief was nothing compared to that of Thrawn.
    "She send me another letter, Ardiff" Thrawn suddenly said.
    Ardiff bit his lip. Pellaeon's mother, Hanna, kept inviting Thrawn to visit her. For some reason, Thrawn couldn't. Suddenly, Thrawn stood up.
    "I'll write Hanna a letter to tell her why I can't visit her" He stood up, and walked to his quarters.

"Dear Hanna"
    Thrawn stared at those words for a while, when suddenly, he grabbed a new piece of paper, and wrote
    "Dear Gilad
    To start with the bad news: I won't visit your mother anymore. I'll try to explain why, Gilad. Remember? We on Carida? Listen,Gilad,this is our story......

Thrawn nervously bit his lip. He was 14, and this was going to be his very first day on Carida. His very first day as the only alien. He sighed, and tried to lift his backpack, if only the damn thing wasn't so heavy...
    "You need some help with that?" Thrawn looked up. A boy, about his age (allthough that was hard to see with those humans) was looking curiously at him. He had soft brown eyes and pepper&salt coloured hair.
    "Uhm..yes..uhm, please" Thrawn said, while trying to remember his Basic. The boy smiled, and helped him pick up his backpack.
    "My name is Gilad, by the way, Gilad Pellaeon"
    "I'm Thrawn"

and that's how it started, Gilad. So easy, so natural. We were delighted to find out we were in the same class. We used to hang out together during the breaks. Standing in a corner, we watched the mass of people in the dining hall. They soon called us "Blue&Pepper" but we didn't care. It was us against the rest of the galaxy.
    I also remember our first sleep-over. My so called parents (yes, I still hate the fact that I had to have adopters, I'd have been better on my own!) were against sleep-over. Then, they were always against everything I wanted...But after lots of talking,they finally let me go to your house. It was strange, going to your house, your mother didn't scream, nor did she hit you..I wasn't used to friendly parents...

"Hey Thrawn-man, are you asleep?"
    "Yes"
    "You liar!" Pellaeon grabbed his pillow, and threw it to Thrawn. Thrawn catched it, but didn't throw it back. He looked at Pellaeon, confused.
    "You..you don't know how to have a pillow-fight, Thrawn?"
    "No.."
    Pellaeon shifted nervously. "You miss your real family, Thrawn?"
    "No..I was too young, I never really knew them"

Ofcourse, back then, I didn't know what missing was....now I do

tbc

2. Wedgeatbarkura

Wedgeatbarkura Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    Hey great job.... I like the idea of Thrawn and Paelleon hanging out togethor.

You really are obssessed with Thrawn aren't you

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great, my padawan ;)

Keep the good work :)

4. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Sorry, sorry, sorry sorry sorry, I will never leave this poor fic again! I'll continue it, and I promise I'll keep it PG, instead of getting too hyper again.
    That said: on with the show
    Don't mind the wet spot. That's a tear. I read those last words, and I suddenly feel the emptiness again. You were the only one, who really know me. But then, disaster came.
    No, I'm getting ahead of things, Gilad.

"you see that? another test!!" Pelleaon growled. They were now 18, and this was their last year on Carida. Thrawn nodded.
    "it doesn't matter, you're a genius anyway!"said Pellaeon, while giving Thrawn a playfull punch in the ribs. Thrawn grinned "says mister 'I just got a 10 on Galaxy mapping'
    Pellaeon gave Thrawn a wink.

Then you began to change, Gilad. But in a good way. This time....

It was their "Festival of Lights schoolparty". Pellaeon was dancing with a girl, Daala. Thrawn sat alone, on a chair, watching his friend. He sighed.
    "Hey there, blue boy" Thrawn looked up, and saw...o no, not him...it was Piett.
    "What do you want,Piett?"
    "Nothing...say, your friend seems to have fun...he's letting you down huh?"
    Why did these words hurt so much? It was Piett, he always told lies. Thrawn stood up, pretending he had to go to the bathroom. He looked over his shoulder, and saw Pellaeon and Daala dancing.
    "How can I just let you walk away,
    just let you leave without a trace?"

What a stupid song...why was he feeling so lonely?

Ofcourse, Gilad, I didn't understand the meaning of the word lonely then. Now I do....

"Guess what?" Pellaeon said, his eyes twinkling. They still had 3 months left on Carida.
    "Your bike got puppies?" Thrawn said dryly.
    "No, my mum is taking us shopping, you know, she wants to celebrate that I've got a girlfriend, and all"

Thrawn and Pellaeon walked behind Mrs Pellaeon. Pellaeon had bought new pants, some shoes and a new discman. He was carrying all this stuff, and, Thrawn noticed, was getting more and more pale. Dark rings began to appear under his eyes. Mrs P. saw it too, and decided that this was a good time to go to a cafe and have some hot chocolate.
    "You want hot chocolate too, honey?" she said to Pellaeon. Pellaeon just nodded.
    And suddenly, Pellaeon's eyes closed, and he fell to the floor.
    "Honey? what are you doing?" But Thrawn was quicker, he kneeled next to Pellaeon.
    "Easy, easy, he just fainted" Thrawn thought to himself "put his head in your lap"
    A waiter, who had seen Pellaeon faint, came over and handed Thrawn a wet towel. Thrawn wet Pellaeon's head. Pellaeon opened his eyes.
    "wha-?" He sounded like he had drunk too much. Thrawn stroked his hair.

That's how it started,Gilad. You said that we didn't have to worry, that everything was allright. Your mother took you to the doctor, to run some tests....

5. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great job , Pelly ;)

I think it's so... ok a bit sweet and it's very good ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.