main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Saying hi and also need Help with Anakin Solo Costume

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by AnakinSolo17, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinSolo17

AnakinSolo17 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2006
    Hey, I'm not exactly new here, but I've been wanting to make an Anakin Solo costume. Havent had much luck in searching for pictures. Seems like there's no definite costume worm by him. Can anyone who's read the NJO novels let me know how his jedi robes are like?
    And does anyone have all of the NJO books? I cant afford them and I havent been able to find any of them in the libraries =(

Btw, I had an account with the username Jenyi, but the forum doesnt let me log in with it for some reason o_O

2. Darth_Andeddu

Darth_Andeddu Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    The Jedi of the New Jedi Order timeline were not like their Old Republic counterparts. They can dress in many different attires. Mostly, Anakin Solo dons a flightsuit. If you want a Jedi costume, refer to Anakin Skywalker's costume at the end of the Phantom Menace...it looks something like that...

3. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I'm able to locate your account. Do let me know via PM what error message(s) you are encountering.

4. AnakinSolo17

Feb 6, 2006
    Thanks alot! That's one of the pictures I was able to find. But I honestly have no idea how to start off with making this costume. It's the very first costume I'm attempting to make..
    Any suggestions for what material to use for the flightsuit? I suppose Spotlight in PS would be the best source for fabric?

5. Darth_Andeddu

Darth_Andeddu Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Well...I'm no expert at fabrics really...almost screwed up my sidious costume becos of it...but for Anakin Solo's jacket, I would say...leather would be my best bet. The inner suit would be those material you find on winter jackets (dunno what you call them though:confused: ).

6. AnakinSolo17

Feb 6, 2006
    My friend's going back to australia soon, and he's going to help me find a leather jacket of a similar design, after which i can modify it.
    As for the orange flightsuit I think it's available at beach road. Going down tmr to check it out. With luck, I'll get it by tmr =)

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, depend on the level of confort you want, function and the illustration created.

For example, I'm a lazy bone so for a particular armor flightsuit, I choose Visco & Polyester Blend since I want it to be able to absorb some sweat but still not need ironning everytime after washing. Then for my TIE, I thot the original was Polyester Suiting but it turned out to be Cotton Drill.

As for source of fabrics, always go to Arab Street and People's Park Shopping/Food Centre Level 2 first before turning to Spotlight as Spotlight hike up the price.

8. AnakinSolo17

Feb 6, 2006
    Thanks. I've gotten the orange flightsuit =P
    Leather will still be very expensive in singapore ya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.