main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Saying hi

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by SpiceSmuggler, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiceSmuggler

SpiceSmuggler Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2009
    Well hello there! I've been reading the fan force for sometime now and thought I sign up. New to NH and thought it would be nice to make some new friends. I am a big collector or I should say was, selling a lot of stuff due to the economy and no job yet. Just getting in to costumes and props(not just Star Wars-sorry) and loving it. I would like to checkout your club. How can I join up, what do I have to do to become a New Hampshire Mandalorin? BTW that is like the coolest name! Looking forward to meet you NH Mandalorins.

2. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Hello! I'm new to the group as well and just attended my first meeting a week ago. It was a blast and everyone was really friendly. Where in NH are you?

3. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello SpiceSmuggler...

Welcome to the NH Mandalorians! We are all ways glad to have NEW people in here. Please feel free to post on the broads as you see fit. I would just ask you as the CR to keep it clean. We are a public site and can be check out by ANYONE at ANYTIME. Other than that... will thats about it. lol

We have a lot of post going and you are more than glad to start new ones. I few things about us... We have now been and Fan Group for just over 8/9 years. We have meetings every month. They are held every third Sunday of the month. Most meeting are held in Somersworth NH. Not sure where you are coming from? But we do have meetings in other locations cross the state (Nashua, Manchester, Alton, Concord) from time to time.

As far as things we do...lol Name it! Pretty much everything & anything Star Wars. We have members here that are in to Collecting as you are. (That would be me. ) lol I'm sure we'll talk more. ;)

We all so have people in the Legos, Moldels, Books, Gaming, Comics, Art work. We all so do all local comic shows and Sci-fi events. We set up FanClub tables and do Fund Raising for Make-A-Wish.of NH.

Their are a few things you would have to do before becoming a full member.
    1.) You must be at leased 18 years of age.
    2.) You would have to attend at leased 3 meetings
    3.) You would have to make basic post. Just show that you are participating
    4.) You would have to like hanging out with other Star Wars fans and just have some fun. lol

That's about it. We are all pretty lied back here. There are a lot of us that get together out side of the monthly meetings as well. We have a monthy movie nights. Which is very cool. lol We all so have Family meetings from time to time. It's were we bring the Kids, Husbands & Wives. lol Most of use in the group do have family's.

So feel free to check us out. If I can help you with anything please let me know. I'd be more than glad to. All so if you'd like, depending on were you live? We get together most Thursday night and do something? lol We hang out at my place and mostly work on customes. But you are more than glad to stop on by and say HI!

Ok, I look forward to meeting you. Have fun posting... I'm sure you'll hear from the other guy's around here sooner or later. lol Again... Welcome!

SeeYa,
    TK

4. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Hi Spicesmuggler! Nice to to see another new face on the boards. In addition to having fun, we are also considering becoming a non-profit so that we can continue to raise money for charity when we go to events. So far, we have been able to help Make-A-Wish of NH on at least 3 occassions in the last year -- and have fun while helping out!

The next meeting is in a couple of weeks and I know a bunch of us are planning to to the free showing of the CLone Wars movie in Newington and /or Hookset in mid-July....Looking forward to meeting you soon.

5. SpiceSmuggler

Jun 22, 2009
    Well thanks for the warm welcome. Can't wait to meet all of you. I think that I can make it to the next meeting. You said it is in Somersworth? That's a trip, I live in the Manchester area well Bedford more like it. I own a van and would not mind carpooling, I could pick everyone up on the way. It could be like Fan Boys, LOL. Dose anyone live by me? I think that is so cool that you work with Wake-A-Wish. The kids must love you guys. Do you have any rules for costumes like the 501st? Like I said I have been getting in to it. BTW HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! See you soon.

6. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Wait, when is the free showing of the Clone Wars? I haven't seen that one yet

7. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome SpiceSmuggler! It's great to see new people showing up on the boards! We do have another member in Manchester, Capt. Brandon Berry so maybe you and him can hook up for carpool to the next meet.

What do you collect? Brandon does alot of the figures and ships, I focus on figures and busts, and TK pretty much hoards anything and everything! lol

As for costumes, besides the Mando he is working on Brandon also has a kickass Jack Sparrow costume as well as a couple of Ninja Turtle costumes (Casey Jones and Shredder, I think). So we do all kinds here, not just Star Wars! So far my only costume is that of a 40 year old fan boy... [face_whistling]

Hope to see you at the next meet!

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello.

We do not have any set rules for Costumes in the group. Well... I guess you could say there in one. That it is a Star Wars costume? We do have members that dress up in other suit. But for the group I'd guess being a Mando would be a good start.

If you are every interested in getting one together just let me know. I'm sure I can help you out. Me and Brandon custome make suits, vest, full armor set, helmets. You name it, we can come up with something for you I'm sure.

Z as for the movie dates I'll find them for you and have them reposted.

SeeYa,
    TK

9. SpiceSmuggler

Jun 22, 2009
    I all ready have a SA Jango Fett. But if I like your club, I'm sure that I will. It would be cool to do a custom Mando also. When is the next meeting I can't wait!

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Here are the movie dates for the free showing of the Clone Wars. Wish I could make it, but 11 am cuts into work time!! :(

All times are at 11am I believe.

Hooksett 8
    100 TECHNOLOGY DR
    Hooksett ,NH 03106
    603-626-7177

06/23/2009-06/24/2009 March Of The Penguins (G)
    Evan Almighty (PG)
    06/30/2009-07/01/2009 Space Chimps (G)
    07/07/2009-07/08/2009 Horton Hears A Who (G)
    Inkheart (PG)
    07/14/2009-07/15/2009 Wallace And Gromit (G)
    Igor (PG)
    07/21/2009-07/22/2009 Charlotte's Web (G)
    Alvin And The Chipmunks (PG)
    07/28/2009-07/29/2009 Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (G)
    Star Wars: Clone Wars (PG)
    08/04/2009-08/05/2009 Kit Kittredge: American Girl (G)
    Kung Fu Panda (PG)
    08/11/2009-08/12/2009 The Tale Of Despereaux (G)
    Journey To The Center Of The Earth (PG)
    08/18/2009-08/19/2009 Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Veggie Tale Movie (G)
    Bee Movie (PG)
    Check Movies and Showtimes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOX RUN STADIUM 15
    45 Gosling Road
    Newington ,NH 03801-2802
    603-431-6116

06/30/2009-07/01/2009 Space Chimps (G)
    07/07/2009-07/08/2009 Horton Hears A Who (G)
    Inkheart (PG)
    07/14/2009-07/15/2009 Wallace And Gromit (G)
    Igor (PG)
    07/21/2009-07/22/2009 Charlotte's Web (G)
    Alvin And The Chipmunks (PG)
    07/28/2009-07/29/2009 Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (G)
    Star Wars: Clone Wars (PG)
    08/04/2009-08/05/2009 Kit Kittredge: American Girl (G)
    Kung Fu Panda (PG)
    08/11/2009-08/12/2009 The Tale Of Despereaux (G)
    Journey To The Center Of The Earth (PG)
    08/18/2009-08/19/2009 Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Veggie Tale Movie (G)
    Bee Movie (PG)
    08/25/2009-08/26/2009 March Of The Penguins (G)
    Evan Almighty (PG)

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    SpiceSmuggler, just wondering what kind of job skills do you have? How are your typing skills and are you willing to commute? I might have a lead for a job for you if you are willing to commute to Portsmouth...

12. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    hey, I'm looking for a job, too. what kind of leads do you got? a government job, or any job at this point, would be nice. my typing skills are very good - in all CAPS or regular, and I can spell good, too.

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sorry about that James! I'll send you a link this afternoon!

14. SpiceSmuggler

Jun 22, 2009
    Thanks but no thanks Baron_Soontir_Fel. I have a job just not started it yet. But cool that you thought of me, that's so cool!!

15. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    WhAt AbOuT Me JoHn I cOuLd Do It YoU sEe ThAt I tYpe ReAl GoOd !!!!!!!AnD mY sPeLliNg!!!!!!!!

16. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    Oh hi to the new guy! welcome aboard mate! hope to see you at the next meeting!

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    No prob man!

18. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    There are all at 11am. I'll be taking the day off for both shows myself. I'd like to suit up for both if I can? I do have to call the movies and make sure they have no problem with people dressing up? I'm sure they will not.

Later,
    TK

19. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Damn I wish I could go but I have work those days. Lol, I still haven't seen the clone wars movie.

20. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    MOVIE NIGHT!! lol :D

21. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well.....

A mpvie night is good, or......

You could just call out sick. [face_sick] COme see it on the BIG screen and dress up with us. Cause that's where the fun is. lol!

SeeYa,
    TK

22. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Wish I could, but I don't have enough flexible time off :(

Another movie night would be fun though

23. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Was at the Rochester Staple today and the guy at the tech counter had a mando skull tatoo on his forearm. We talked a bit and will hopefully be on the boards soon! I left him my business card so he can email me for the link to the forums. If anyone happens to be in Staples, look for Rob with the mando tattoo and say hello!

24. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well do...

Hey I am looking to order a new set of cards soon. So to uodate my info. If anyone out there would like to put in for an order let me know. I was think of just getting some basic plain one with just the groups info on then that anyone could pass out. Let me know what you all think?

Later,
    TK

25. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    We should all order some. I know we had talked about it at a meeting a while back. It would be better to all get business cards with the group name on it rather than pay to print flyers when we have tables at events. Next meeting, we can look online choose text and a design. THe holdup will be if we need to change names and what our website address will be....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.