main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SbS - back of the book (SPOILER for those who haven't read it yet)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Captain_Marsune, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Marsune

Captain_Marsune Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    At the back of SbS is written:
    In the shadow of the treacherous enemy, the Jedi Knights reach their darkest hour...

I think this means the death of Anakin. And 'they reach their darkest hour' means that Anakin just can't return - otherwise it wouldn't be their 'darkest hour'.

But if the Jedi Knights reach their 'darkest hour' in Star by Star - nothing worse than Anakin's death can happen to the Jedi Knights in the NJO, so I don't think any other important Jedi will die.

But that's just my theory. What do you think?

2. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    Considering Anakin was not the only jedi to die in that campaign, I think that it probably means that the most die in a single place at a single time.

Also, it most likely could get worse for the jedi. "Darkest hour" could just mean up to that point.

3. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, according to Troy Denning himself : "I wasn't trying to be vague or clever when I wrote "By then, Anakin was gone.""

4. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    it also says about them fighting the empire. weird.

5. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    the back of star wars books often have hardly any relevance to the actual book... they just try to make it sound good... case in point: read the back of tyrant's test...

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    SbS is the center book of the series. So of course its going to be the biggest climax.

7. Beny_Onbe

Beny_Onbe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    In the last issue of SW Insider (I forget the number-I can't remember EVERYTHING) the editor, I do believe her name is Shelly Shapiro, mentioned that SbS was the turning point for the whole series. Why didn't they call it "Turning Point" then?

8. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Because there's already an NJO book with the word point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.