SBS Book reviews *MAJOR SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Disco_Dark_Jeedai, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    SPOILERS BEWARE

SBS SUCKS!!!!!!!

This book was pretty cool. It was dark and disturbing, makes you wonder what the unpublished "Knighfall" triology would have been like.

There were parts of this book that were really good and some that really sucked! The fall of Coruscant was great! I was hoping that the Vong would take it just for symbolic reasons: it is a abomination!!! It will be interesting to see what they do to it.

The "classic" character's roles were very good. Although at times they just seem to pop out of nowhere to thwart the Vong. They all had their roles and they were written just fine.

I liked the YVH droids, that was sweet idea. Now they just need to let them loose on Coruscant. Teminator meets Vong!

Jaina turning to the Dark Side to kill Vong was great! Makes me want the next book now. It may show that Kyp's was of thinking may be the correct way.

Jacen's "capture" is cool too. He actually impressed me in this book, finally getting away from his whining, self-righteous attitude and realizing that some bad things are gonna have to be done to stop the Vong.

I liked the Barabel Jedi a lot!! They kicked ass, just wish they weren't killed.

Vergere.....what is the deal with her? Her character is really cool, she makes you like her one minute, then you hate her the next. I haven't figured out what she is doing.

Here is what I didn't like:

Anakin dying! Enough said. (Sorry Tahiri)

The Mrykr mission to me was stupid and only written to kill off Jedi and push some towards darkness. What makes the Jedi think that once they kill the Voxyn queen that they would be rid of them? I am sure that the Vong already have cloned many voxyn. Furthermore, if they had already shaped one queen from a vornskr (sp?) what would stop them from shaping another one? So, with that, the mission wasn't really necessary, just a plot to kill more Jedi and Anakin.

Another Jedi baby kidnapping plot? Yawn.......

I am not sure if they will be able to bring Anakin back or if they even plan to. His death looks pretty final to me. I don't think the Dark Vong idea will work, since they were going to destroy Anakin's body with the rest of their dead showing me that they really didn't want it. But.......

Overall, I would have to say it was one of the best books, just not great to me because I am a Anakin fan. But after I re-read it, it may become a better book to me.

Your turn!

2. CorranHornRogue Jedi Youngling

what did you mean when you said "another jedi baby kidding plot". please explain
  3. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It was a typo, should be kidnapping, sorry.

If you have read the book, the you will remember the part where Viqi Shesh and a group of Vong infiltrators attempt to kidnap Ben at the Solo's apartment. Then she makes another attempt while the Solo's were trying to flee Coruscant.
  4. Lonewolf89 Jedi Master

star 5
    Anakin dead!!! I can't believe that!!!! He's the only one getting any Vong kills!! That's pitiful. I've about had it with all the main characters dyeing. I mean when they were just killing the new guys that was okay, but now they've moved to the great Jedi heroes??!! I'm mad now!!

5. Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    What events surrounded the death of Anakin?
  6. CorranHornRogue Jedi Youngling

oh ok. my friend thinks that ani and thairi are going to have a kid, thats what i thought you were talking about.
  7. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Anakin_Solo73, what do you mean? How he dies saving the group is cool, I just don't like it. I feel that storyline was uneeded and if he had to die, it could have been done better. Maybe rescuing Jacen from Tsavong Lah?
  8. Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I know how he dies, I just want to know what happens after he dies? For example, what happens to his body? What does everyone else do in reaction?
  9. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Anakin_Solo73, have you read the book or do you just know how Anakin dies?
  10. Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I have not read the book. I have picked up on bits and pieces of how Anakin dies from these boards. That's all.
  11. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Anakin tells Jacen to take command of the group, then tells them to carry out the mission. He then fights many Vong. (All from the audio preview)

He is killed by the Vong but his body doesn't get recovered until later. Jacen goes on to complete the mission while Jaina goes back to retrieve the body. She finds the Vong offering their dead, wrapped in husks, to their gods and sees that they intend to do the same with Anakin's body (also wrapped). She eventually retieves it but not until she kills a Vong with Dark Side powers. She has a confrontation with Vergere and again used a Dark Side power.

She retrieves Anakin's body and places it aboard a stolen Vong frigate-analog ship, then her part in the books ends as she tried to escape.
  12. Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    So at the end of the book, Anakin's body is with Jaina as they escaped somewhere into space? Am I correct?
  13. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No, they haven't escaped the Vong yet.....and Jacen is captured.
  14. Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    A set up for Dark Journey, I guess.
  15. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
  16. Face Loran Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I wonder why the Vong treat Anakin's body the same as their own. In previous books, they just had mass "grave trenches" and such, why is Anakin being treated differently? Possibly out of respect, he was a brave fighter, and the Vong do honor those who die in battle. However, it could mean something else...

Face Loran
  17. Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The key answer I was looking for was that Anakin's body was intact at the end of the novel.
  18. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, his body is complete and intact. As far as we know. The book says his cells exploded, etc, etc. But he is intact. Why didn't you just ask that? LOL
  19. Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I wanted to know how his body is recovered as well. Did the book tell how the other chracters (Luke, etc.) responded to the news? Did they know it happened?

BTW, I think that part about his cell's exploding is just another way of saying that his body was cut up.
  20. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You should read the book. I am sure you will, but all the spoilers will ruin it. It did for me. I knew beforehand that Anakin dies, so when I got to the line, "Anakin was gone", it didn't do anything. I am sure if I had not known about it, it would have hit me like a ton of bricks. I would have assumed throughout the book that he would survive like all other major characters have.

As far as how everyone found out and what they did, Leia and Luke felt it through the Force and others found out through regular channels. But there really wasn't much time to "mourn" because of what everyone was facing at the time. You'll understand when you read the book. Leia takes it really hard as does Tahiri.
  21. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The cells exploded was a direct correlation with him drawing on the Force completely.
  22. JediAlly Jedi Master

star 4
    What about the rest of the Jedi team? I hope they all got out.
  23. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The books ends with Jacen getting captured, and Jaina, Zekk, Ganner, Tekli, Tenal Ka, Tahiri and one of the Barabels, I forget which one, trying to escape the Vong ships.
  24. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Anakin_Solo73...why are you worried about the body being "intact"?
  25. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Barabel was Tezar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.