main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scabby Alonso

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by FatBurt, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    What a scabby lucky goal by Alonso.

Well taken and a good result for Liverpool though.

I have to admit when they were one nil down I was rooting for Luton but thats only because I support a small club and I like to see upsets but Liverpools comeback was exceptional.

Well Done

2. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    That is why Liverpool football club are the best club in the world! You don't get that with any other club! Olympiarkos, AC Milan and even Luton! Liverpool football club are the best in the world!

1-0 up! 3-1 down! Missed penalty! 4-3 up! Goal from 175 yards! Wow! Gerrard even slipped in his interview! This had everything!

Walk On! Walk On! With hope in your heart! And You'll Never Walk Alone! You'll Never Walk Alone!
    Walk On! Walk On! With hope in your heart! And You'll Never Walk Alone! You'll Ne... ever Walk Alone!

God I'm still taking it all in! :D [face_dancing] :D 8-}

3. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Ya think it was a good result? Hmmmm... I thought it wasnt very convincing- though Luton played very well and if they played like that every week they should stroll the championship- though they wont- the beauty of the FA cup.

Every player at that standard should be able to hit an open net from anywhere.

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Er OK

BTW 175 yards I believe is longer than the actual pitch (I could be wrong though) but by my understanding it was probably about 60yds.

Still impressive though I'm a keeper and I struggle to kick a ball half the pitch.

5. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    lmao at 175 yds

6. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Oops! Excuse the Carlsberg. [face_blush] I meant 75 yards. :p Did you see Gerard when it happened. When Alonso hit it, he was screaming at him for not passing it to him then when it rolled he just started clapping! [face_laugh]

This is why I love Liverpool so much. It has so much character! Best club in the world!

7. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002

Nah- thats Sao Paulo.

8. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    We won the World Club Championship. We just never got the trophie for it. :p

9. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    Er.... no- you didnt win it.

10. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    There goal originated from a free kick on the left hand for a raised foot by Harry Kewell where he was no where near the player and just went passed him. They booted it down the field from that free kick and scored then we put the ball in the back of the net 3 times! Garcia's was offside, Hyypia's I'm not sure if the ball drifted out of play or not but Sinama-Pongolle's was perfectly good! We at least earnt extra time and that Referee was so bias! He gave everything to Sao Paulo just becasue they were the Brazillians! We couldn't of done anymore and as far as I'm concerned we won the competiton. We just never got the trophie.

11. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    You shouldnt have been in the Euro Cup final in the first place to even get ya to that stage. So stop bloody whinging and remember how lucky ya were.

12. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Lol. Oh well, I'd rather win the Premiership. :p

Snapping right at your heels now TK, we only have to win our games in hand to be looking down on you. Bet your shaking in your boots arn't you? :p

13. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    lol its a pity Chelsea are so good (*cough*at spending money*cough*) or it might be a good title race- but scrapping for second is not really an interest for me- its first or nothing after years of winning it! :p yes- i am REALLY competitve as me imaginary mates will tell ya! ;)

14. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    Too right.

15. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I agree wholeheartedly with the original post. Liverpool had a scare, but came back well. 2 penalties, 1 saved (Of course both people should have been sent off, but that balanced each other out. But who knows what would have happened if Liverpool lost their keeper first).

But to say "This is why Liverpool are the best team" is quite strange. How can conceding 3 goals against a team in a lower division make you the best?

Oh well, it was a good game, and Alonso's first goal was absolutely stunning.

16. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    When I say the best team I don't really mean the best quality team. It's the fact everything happen's in such a dramatic fashion. Like if Chelsea beat Luton 5-0 it wouldn't have been as exciting, maybe I should re-phrase to the "most exciting team".

Nothing happen's in such dramatic fashion as it does at Liverpool. They may not win everything anymore or have the best players but it is "the best club in the world"

17. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Good game for the neutral.

18. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    What a first half! I only managed one half before work but I was rooting for Luton all the way... I was gutted when I got back and found out they had lost :( I very rarely get excited about a game that doesn't involve ITFC, the two exceptions were this game and the Chelsea win over barca both games had me out of my seat jumping around like an ungainly elephant/monkey/golem thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.