main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Scaley's Kaleesh Krap - *Updated* S'seth the Bounty Hunter

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Scaleblade, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scaleblade

Scaleblade Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2005
    Hiya! ^-^

I.. uh... don't know what to say.. I'm a big Star Wars fan.. and an even bigger General Grievous fan. Been finding myself infactuated with the General, and even more so in his alien background - the Kaleesh. So, I think since right after I left the theaters, I've been doodling and fleshing out ideas about the Kaleesh based upon info I've been reading up, and ideas I've been cooking up either by myself or the help of other artists I know.. and I guess I'm just curious what others may think about them. :3 So yea. Hai! X3

I've got.. quite a few.. so bare with me. X3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/maskthinger2.jpg

Ceremonial mask.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/kaleesharmor5.jpg

'Standard' Armor.. kind of an old design, though..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/kaleeshhorsey2.jpg

Horse... Still Needs a Name. o-o

Though reptillian by nature, A Kaleesh Steed is much like a Earthen one in many respects - at least in basic structure. They are very rare and are exclusive to the desert regions. Thus, they are only used by the most elite warriors. (IE - Grievous). Because of their habitat, they are hairless and have developed very thick skins, which are almost impossible to penetrate by most weapons. They are excellent runners, perhaps one of the fastest creatures on the planet, and are also very aggressive, making the process of taming them long and often fruitless. Hence why they are so rarely seen as mounts. To see a warrior upon one of these come towards you in battle is to indeed know your end may well be near.

Oh yea... and they don't whine, they go 'hornkh'.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/kaleeshelder.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/Beeku.jpg

A Beeku. A very large, nocturnal, reptillian herbivore Who often live nearby the oceans of Kalee, feasting upon the kelp growing in it's shallow waters. Often very quiet, gentle creatures, but may attack if they feel threatened. Their primary defense is to make a loud high pitched scream, letting two vicous mandibles slide out of it's mouth. This is a visual warning to the predator. If it continues it's attack, the clawed tips of the mandibles will jab into the creature, and if it doesn't kill them, it will inject a very ferocious neurtoxin into it's attacker, killing it within minutes.

The Desert Kaleesh hold this animal in very high esteem, almost as a god, if not because this one creature is a necessity in life. The Creature's skin and bone is often used for housing (Big bones, thick skin), the blubbery and meat for food, the poison is often used in warfare, lacing their weapons with it. It's very name, Beeku, in Kaleesh means 'Great Gift' There have been very few attempts to tame these animals, but these few attempts were in vain, as the animal was so large it would be impossible to keep. (For those wondering, a Kaleesh would prolly reach it's front knees)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/Tajuk.jpg

Zee Ta'juk (Ta-yuk) one of the few mammals of Kalee. They roam around the Tundra/arctic... The Forest Kaleesh keep some herds as a source of food. But this creature is a particular favorite of the Arctic Huk. :3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/kaleedein.jpg

The Dein. The Kaleesh Equivilent of a cat. Found in the Forests/Rainforests of Kalee. Often the pets of very young Kaleesh (usually female.) They are scavengers, but they often hunt small bugs, rodents, etc. They are very curious little critters, thus often get into some kind of mischief. Tame ones are often also very attached to their owners, thus, they are very friendly and cuddly towards them. Hence why a female Kaleesh may get one rather then a male. (Who would rather get a larger and more respectable pet)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/mammals3.jpg

1) Kreckii - A small, common mammal, looking like some odd mix of a Porcupine and a Squrriel. Their diet is mostly nuts and berries.

2) Ornu - A small ca

2. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Nice job! I'm digging how you've come up with a image for Grievous' species. They are very unique and really interesting to look at. I especially like the last picture of young Grievous and the picture of the Kaleesh Fire Dancer, beautiful use of vibrant color. :)

3. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    These are really beautiful. You are very good at drawing poses. The firedancer is my favorite, great pose and superb work on the colors. Hope to see more soon!

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Beautiful drawings. You are very talented.

AG88

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Greetings, Scaleblade and welcome to the Fan Art forum! And a big "Wow!!" to all your wonderful artwork! It's such a kick to see how some artists can take a relatively minor character in the saga and unfold entire worlds and ecosystems from it! You've effectively "created" Grievous' life, from his origins and his homeworld to the customs and culture of his species--awesome work! I love that you've taken the time to populate Kalee with an abundance of wild creatures of every imaginable sort--amazing variety and imagination in those! The "fashioning" of the Kaleesh is great, too--that Grievous' droid body might have been modeled from his original form never occurred to me, to tell the truth... Your understanding of anatomy is easily apparent, even with alien forms--everything "works properly" in your figures and creatures. The "Firedance" painting is stunning--beautiful use of color and light, beautiful depiction of a graceful form. Lovely! I could see all of this becoming a sort of "Guide to Kalee" graphic novel--an education about Grievous and his origins, his people and his family--how he came to be General Grievous. This is all just wonderful work, and we're very happy you chose to share it with us here! Again--welcome, and we'll be looking forward to more!

FF

6. talonstarshade

talonstarshade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    Oh wow! You are an amazing artist Scaleblade. I look foward to seeing more of your work in the future. Awesome job.

7. Scaleblade

Dec 7, 2005
    Thanks for all your kind words! I'm so glad you guys like it all so far! I'll definatly be sure to post more as I make it...

And now, for your enjoyment, some non-Kaleesh stuff! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/premasque.jpg

Darth Ky-Meera. Teh Crazeh Purpel Sith. :3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/greevus3.jpg

Grievous redesign.. sort of a 'what if he survived Utapau' kind of deal... what he may have looked like 20 years after Ep 3. :3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/masquecolored.jpg

Masquerade. She once trained under a very minor sith lord, (his name has passed from all knowledge) but she soon ended his life quickly after she felt he was holding her back from truly acquiring power, thus, beginning her downward spiral. Obsessed with finding her power, she went out to seek a master that could make her harness her gift until she became perfect. Killing any force user who failed or could not assist her in this. She became, quickly, a minor terror until she was captured by General Grievous during a raid on one of the outer rim planets.. Ever looking for a way to combine the mechanical immortality and the power of the force, he used her by placing her in the same painful process he went through, placing her in a body much similar to his - making her perfect. But he found her wild and untame, treacherous with only the desire to kill everything and anything. It wasn't until she finally saught to destroy Grievous, initiating a great battle between the two. It was long and hard faught, but in the end it was Grievous who was victorious, breaking her ego and spirit. From then on, she swore complete and utter loyalty to her superior under the name 'Masquerade'.

She became his 'student', heavily studying his unorthodox style of fighting, as well as continuing her studies in the force. Until his death at the Obi Wan Kenobi. Seeing the corpse of the person she had come to know as a father figure, she swore revenge upon the Jedi and more then willingly participated in the great Purge of Jedi, succeeding in killing an incredable number in a vain attempt to find that one Jedi...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/prowl.jpg

And again. X3

8. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    What a wonderfully detailed and thorough collection of work you have here! :) I really do commend people who make more than an image, those who (like Tolkien and Terryl Whitlatch) create their own worlds, complete with higher sentient life right down to insects and beasts.Truly marvelous attention to society structures and ecosystems!

I really like what you've done with Grevious. I am a confessed Grevious fan (didn't really love him in the movies but thought the concept work and illustrations of him were absolutely gorgeous! He should have been named General Gorgeous and just sat there looking pretty!). Have you by any chance seen the comic about how Grevious became grevious in the Star Wars Visionaries collection? It was so beautiful, I can't remember the artist name ( for shame on me!) but he had a beautiful painterly style that really did wonders for making Grevious more than machine.

One thing though, I'd absolutely adore to see more colour/rendering in your works. I really feel you could do wonders with your line works (I mean if that fire dancer is anything to go by, it was wonderful!). Well done and welcome to Fanart and hope you have more really soon! :D

9. Scaleblade

Dec 7, 2005
    Danke so much, man. I'm so so glad you feel that way. :33 I've barely begun to touch my ideas on Kaleesh Society, so I hope you're ready to tolerate more of them soon. :D My latest, the one with Eutha-ku'uh I intend to color as soon as I have time. So look out for that.

And unfortunatly, I haven't gotten my claws on a copy of Visionaries yet, though I know what information it provides. I've also seen some of the artwork (including the concept of pre-cyborg grievous) and I have to agree the artist did some beautiful work. It's really inspirational!

10. Scaleblade

Dec 7, 2005
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/grievousletter.jpg

Merry Christmas, all. :3

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh, man!! I sure hope you got this up in the December Fan Art Challenge thread, too--Christmas themed stuff this time! Grievous' "Letter to Santa" is ROTF hilarious! I almost died laughing at the suspicion that Santa is Jedi! LOL!!

The latest entries are wonderful--I especially like Masquerade: she's actually very graceful the way you've drawn her, and I get the feeling that's very close to how she would have moved in her original body. Great backstory for her, too! The "Retired Grievous" admiring the tiny flower was good, too--with his belt full of lightsabers from slaughtered Jedi...

Great stuff--thanks tons for the great laughs on the "Santa Letter!" ;)

FF

12. Scaleblade

Dec 7, 2005
    S'seth! Zee Kaleesh who told his own kind to go @%!$ itself and went off to be a bounty hunter! X3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Scaleblade/sseth.jpg

Just a note on a few special implant thingers he has... His eye can detect any tempurature fluxuation in the vicinity (so he can see hot and cold. :3) and he has implants (little thingers on he skull) going all the way down his spine reinforces his spinal column and monitors brainwaves and stuff. And he also has special ones that constantly keeps his muscles in movement, even when he's sitting. Hence why he's buffer then the average Kaleesh. :3

YAAAY!

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yow!! I would not want this guy after me, for any reason whatsoever!! Awesome action pose here, Scaleblade--with that "reverse-jointed" anatomy in the legs/feet, it had to be no small task to figure out how to draw all the limbs! The foreshortening is superb, and it really feels like he's just about to land on us, blasters blazing! Again--Wow!! This one should go into the stack you're planning to paint--color would really give it impact! Great work!

FF

14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Since I stubbornly hold the idea of the possibility of female!Grievous, I liked the tidbit about Grievous' fighting style being like the firedance.

15. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Just found this, great stuff, Scalebalde! The Grievous/elder pond scene reminded me of Rafiki and Simba in "The Lion King"

That and the GG Santa letter was hilarious![face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.