main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks Scar stuff

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Risu, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risu

Risu Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    Sorry for this, but I can never get the search function to work. I saw a couple months ago a post about some stuff used in Episode 3 to make Anikin's scar. They said you put it on a Q-tip and draw a line on your face and it draws the skin in making a scar line. I'm making the third movie in a trilogy I started a year ago and I want to go all out in making this the best one. So far there hasn't been much attention to detail, but now I want to use that stuff to make wrinkles on an old man. Does anybody know what that stuff is and where I can get it?

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Rigid COllodian ;)

3. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Collodion is for scars. It'll never look like old-age wrinkles. That's not how it works.

Liquid latex would be better for old-age stuff.

Of course the best-looking would be foam latex appliances.

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    oh right yeah I was answering teh anakin scar query part of the message :)

5. VillieGee

Oct 30, 2002
    Yeah I know. Collodion was the right answer to his question, but it won't work for what he wants. That's all. :)

6. Risu

Risu Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    Ah. So what does the liquid latex do? I don't have anybody that's good with makeup, I'd probably be doing it myself. I wouldn't be able to do the foam stuff.

7. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Basically, the latex builds up the skin thickness and accentuates wrinkles.

8. VillieGee

Oct 30, 2002
    Yeah, what she said. You can stretch the skin of the face in the opposite direction of the wrinkles you want, apply the latex, force it dry with a hairdryer, so when you let go, it's all wrinkly. Buy some premade eye-bags too. It makes a difference.

Other things you can do are the obvious ones like painting liver spots and tinting the hair grey, plus using a fake nose (either premade or sculpted from nose putty) and fake ears help too. They say your nose and ears never stop growing. Also, you're going to want to use makeup to paint in things like sunken cheeks and to accentuate the wrinkles and stuff.

9. Risu

Risu Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    Wow. So where can I get the latex? I already have a really big nose, that shouldn't be an issue. I'm gonna dye my hair grey too. I have huge bags under my eyes, but I don't have any wrinkles at all. Will the latex allow you to create wrinkles on your face without any there to accentuate?

10. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Most costume shops would carry it.

11. VillieGee

Oct 30, 2002
    Yeah, the more you can stretch your face, the heavier the wrinkles will be. It has nothing to do with what wrinkles are or aren't there already. And you can buy it at any costume shop.

12. Risu

Risu Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    OK, thanks for the info.

13. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    OK, twice now my posts have been destroyed by some screwup in the system. Now you're getting the Super-condensed version.

Practice what you want to do a LOT.
    Buy a book like Stage Makeup by Corson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.