1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive ~Scars Of The Empire: A post ROTJ RPG~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth_wanderguard, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deyla_Heren Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Han Solo ~Ravens Claw~

Han was taken through the halls by his guards to Veers quarters. He gave a nod of greeting. "Yes?" he asked.

TAG: Veers
  2. David_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Boba Fett, Bantha Horn

Boba sighed in relief as the voice said, "Permission granted".

"I told you it would work," Boba said. He eased the ship into Coruscant's atmosphere.

---

"Alright, we're here," Boba said as the ship landed. "The main control station for the orbiting defense systems should be several miles south of here." He clicked on his holomap that wrapped around his wrist like a watch. Very convenient for someone like him. "We'll need to catch a taxi to get us there."

Tag: Rilwen
  3. Darth_wanderguard Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Just a comment, Veers seems to be acting extremely unprofessional. He dislikes his superior, so he's going to screw up the entire battle because of a personal dispute.
  4. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    Rrenya said."Alright. You were right. Got any ideas yet about getting in there?"
    Tag:Fett
  5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: No. He's making... backup plans. Besides... it is quite Imperial to backstab others. Veers has done it before when his career is on the line so this is quite in-character for him.

Lieutenant General Maximilian Veers

ISD II Raven's Claw

With the officers in the meeting room, he could begin discussing future plans to save himself, his men and the upcoming battle. Several of them were surprised to see General Solo in an Imperial uniform and after a brief explaination they relunctantly accepted the man's presence.

"Have a seat, all of you." Veers stood at the head of the table but did not sit down with his officers. Most were loyal to him, the rest to the Empire and a few to Hawk. Anything he said would no doubt make its way to Hawk's ears. For now he would keep his intentions to himself until after Hawk's men have left.

"I know most of you are relunctant in having General Solo here, but he has proven himself in battle as both a soldier and a commander time and time again against us. His experiance will become a valuble asset in the upcoming battle," Veers began and picked up a small remote from the table. He pointed it at the center of the table and switched on the holographic map viewer. It showed the intricate layers of Coruscant's cityscape surface.

For several hours Veers outlined the battle strategy he had in mind for taking Imperial City and the Imperial Palace. He listened to the suggestions his officers made and nodded when they made a valid point with a flaw in his battle plan. Once satisfied that they all knew what they were suppose to do he dismissed them except for three of his staff officers and Solo.

"Hawk and I have not been on good terms lately," Veers said once the last of the officers had left. He turned to his chief of staff and adjuntant, glancing at Solo. "By denying him you, General, I've made a new enemy and one that has the authority to destroy me."

"What will you do, General?" Brigadier General Raylein inquired.

"Place him in a position where he can't cause any trouble. I control most of the army in this battle group, except for Tarkin's and Hawk's compliment on board the Ragnarok." Veers slowly sat down in his seat and leaned back. "If I wanted to, I could cost him the battle and let him take the fall for failure."

"That is a bit risky, Maximilian," Raylein pointed out.

"Then there is General Solo," Veers turned his gaze back to the former rebel. "I am certain he would be a little relieved if I sent him on his way to his former friends with the battle plan for Hawk's forces. The rebels suddenly gain knowledge of what Hawk intends to do and counters his every move on the battlefield. It doesn't put me or any of you on the line. But that is only a backup plan and one I hope we do not have to use."

"Why are you doing this over a feud?" his Adjuntant asked.

"I'm not," Veers answered carefully. "Hawk will waste my men, even us if he thought it would give him victory. He is just as bad as Executor Sedriss was and I am not going to watch again as my army dies in vain."

His men were silent for several long seconds before Raylein spoke up again. "He will kill you if he finds out about this. He may even have you executed in the middle of the battle."

"A risk I am willing to take for my soldiers. If there is nothing else you three are dismissed." He motioned for Solo to stay behind while the others left. Veers slid a datadisk over to the General. "I am placing you in command of 3rd Infantry Division. Your task will be to take the Imperial Palace and capture, alive and unharmed, the rebel leadership. I know how much the Supreme Chancellor means to you, so by placing you in charge you can be certain that she will live. But don't let that distract you from your objective, General."

TAG: Deyla, wanderguard if you want
  6. Deyla_Heren Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: You mean by rebel leadership, Princess Leia yes?
  7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Its not just her. Senators, Ruling Council, High Command, etc.
  8. Deyla_Heren Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Ok, cool.

Han nodded and stood. "Yes, sir. When do I leave?"

TAG: Veers
  9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Lieutenant General Maximilian Veers

ISD II Raven's Claw

"We all leave when the battlegroup is ready and Coruscant is ripe for the taking," the Imperial General answered. "In the meantime, familiarize yourself with the division. You'll find them in hanger thirteen."

TAG: Deyla
  10. Deyla_Heren Jedi Master

star 4

"Yes, sir!" Han said, saluting. He walked abruptly out of the room and towards hangar thirteen. Reaching the hangar, he opened the door and walked inside. From the balcony above, he surveyed his regiment of troops. He leaned on the railing, noticing his guards were still following him. Han started down the steps and was met by the leader of his men.

"General Solo, I am Karne Witeran," greeted the trooper. "The head of this regiment of troops. What do you wish of us?"

"Captain Witeran?" asked Solo.

"Yes, I am a captain, sir, if that is what you are asking," replied Karne.

"Good. What military experience have you?" asked Han, studying the many medals on the captains left pocket. He stood close to the man, face to face, now looking at the scar running from the left side of his nose, down onto the lip, and then to the chin.

"Plenty. I fought in the Battle for Hypori, sir," said Karne, naming one of the many battles the rebels and Imperials had fought in. "My bravery in that mission got me the rank of admiral. In the Battle of Turon, I almost lost my life, which is why I got demoted to captain."

Solo nodded. "Very well. I am Han Solo, General over you. I fought in the Battle for Hypori as well...it was a bad day for my former ally's...and Turon was unfortunate for the Imperials. That was a great battle, one that the Rebellion only just escaped with..." Han said, trailing off in memory. He came back to the moment and nodded at Captain Witeran, moving off.

TAG: any
  11. Darth_wanderguard Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC:

I control most of the army in this battle group, except for Tarkin's and Hawk's compliment on board the Ragnarok.

This was never said, or even hinted at that I can remember. Do you have evidence to back up this claim, or are you just making assumptions? It doesn't seem very logical either. Chances are, that since Hawk is commanding the operation, and since Hawk is a general and Veers is not, it would only make sense that Hawk would command the majority of the force, and possibly even be able to override Veers' orders. So far, I'm unconvinced that Veers would have complete command over all but two ships, when he isn't commanding the operation anyway.
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: When I said that I did not mean in command of the operation. Veers has been around longer than Hawk and has a larger reputation and popularity than Hawk. It is only natural to assume that the army, if it is not a personal army of Hawk, would follow Veers if he moved against Hawk. It is how it is in real life. The soldiers will follow the man they know and trust more.

But you're the GM, if you dont want Veers to succeed it doesnt happen.
  13. David_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Boba Fett

Coruscant

Boba and Rrenya exited the small, yellow taxi. Boba pulled out a small sum of credits from his pockets and handed them to the driver. The Ithorian driver yelled in an unfamiliar language to Boba. Boba looked at the driver, patted his gun, and the Ithorian stopped yelling and drove off.

"Alright", Rrenya said. "You were right. Got any ideas yet about getting in there?"

"Well," Boba said, looking at the wide rectangular building, "I was thinking we could just blast the hell out of them. How about this?" He pulled out a thermal detonator. "When I throw this, run and stand up against the wall beside the entryway to where they can't see you when they come out." He activated the thermal detonator and threw it some thirty yards away. He ran to the wall of the building as it detonated.

As Boba had predicted, several Republic officers ran to the explosion site. He pulled out another thermal detonator and threw it at the officers. With a few screams, it detonated, killing each officer. He looked over at the smiling Rrenya and shrugged. They entered the building.

Tag: Rilwen
  14. Darth_wanderguard Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Just trying to keep things realistic. If you say that's how it is, then I guess we'll go with your idea, and Hawk will end up dying at the hands of the Emperor's clone because the battle will fail.
  15. Admiral_Palpetine Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOC: I agree with wanderguard about this whole situation. First of all, my charactor is a General, who ranks higher than you. And commands an 10 ship fleet, full of forces. There is no way you have control over all but my ship. There are three fleets here over bespin. You turn against Hawk, you bring Tarkin's fleet into the picture. And Tarkins fleet has two Interdictors. You will not leave the system. Guarenteed.
  16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Palpetine, first off if you have read my posts I specifically said that Veers didnt have influence over Tarkin's men and Hawk's men. Secondly, numbers means little to a tactician and strategist. You could outnumber him 10 to 1 and he could still defeat you by outsmarting you. Third, lets assume Veers has some influence over your men, you'd be dealing with both an external and internal battle. You can't fight if you don't have control of your ships. Veers is not dumb and neither am I. When I plan coups or mutinies I plan well. Fourth, just because you have Interdictors does not guarantee preventing someone from leaving. Any smart commander that wants to escape will destroy the Interdictors or make for the nearest GravWell edge.

Last, Veers does not command a fleet, he leaves that to the Admiral. Veers commands the armies on board the fleets as Generals are suppose to do. You either command the fleet as an Admiral or the armies as a General, not both. Those are two different chain of commands and the Navy does not listen to an Army General and vice versa with a Navy Admiral. Protocal states that the General is to give way to the Admiral's authority while he is on board his ship, even if the General is placed in charge of an operation unless the Emperor specifically commands it. After all it is the Admiral's fleet that gets the General's army where it needs to go. Your character is either an Admiral or a General.

wanderguard, like I said, you are the GM. If you want Veers to fail then he will fail. Please do not just go along with me, I'd actually like it if someone tries to stop Veers if he actually goes about doing it.
  17. Darth_wanderguard Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Well, I'm going to be taking a several month leave pretty soon, anyay, and I may end up not coming back, so it doesn't really matter to me. Ok, we need to stop the OOC chit-chatter. What veers is doing is perfectly fine, and I'll try to find a way to counter it, so that this RPG doesn't end up being a 10-page suckfest.
  18. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    Rrenya smiled broadly, showing off her sharp teeth. She pulled out a blaster, and followed Boba.
    Tag:Fett
  19. commander_jofus_claw Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC
    Jofus Claw
    --Crouscant--

As Jofus walked into the hangar to check on the preparation of the unit's fighters, his comlink beeped at him.

He pulled it out and spoke into it, "Claw."

"Commander," came a voice, "The General suggests that you get your people ready to go."

Jofus nodded, then, remembering that the person couldn't see him, said, "Got it."

He turned to the cheif tech, "How are they?"

"Dandy," the man replied, "Ready to go."

Jofus gave him a thumbs up and left the hangar. Down the corridor and to the left, was a pilot's ready lounge. His pilots laised randomly around the room, but their heads came up when he walked in.

"Listen up, people," he said, "We leave in a few hours. You have until then to get things ready to move. We'll have to transfer our ships personally, so make sure you arrange transfer of your personal effects before we leave."

They would stow their things aboard the Lambda Shuttle Stargazer for transport to the Rancors Nest. The Nest was an old, battered Corellian Marauder-Class Cruiser, but the Rancors had taken to it and would ride in no other ship. The Carrack-Class Cruiser Trailblazer was also assigned to the Rancor Unit task force. Because of the unit's ability to work alone, they had been assigned to a small force to be most effective.

They were being transferred to the Outer Rim to help protect the shipping lanes and, hopefully, find the staging point for the attacks.

He shook his head and headed to his quarters to pack.

-------------
    TAG: No one. Just getting ready for action.
  20. Darth_wanderguard Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Unfortunately, I must make an announcement. I'm resigning from my own RPG, as I'm vacating the boards for good. I'll leave GMship up to anyone who wants it. So bye people, it was fun while it lasted.
  21. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
  22. Deyla_Heren Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Yeh, bye Wanderguard. :(

It seems this thread is goin no where!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.