main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Scary, Creepy, Halloween RPG - 10/30/04

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Talon_Wolfe and I thought of a great way to have fun this Saturday without having the Vampire or M&M game! We're gonna have us a:

One-Shot, Halloween Modern Game!

Here's the dealie-o.

What we know:
    - It's going to be a scary, creepy, horror RPG
    - Either Talon or I will GM
    - It will be set in Modern Rules

What we're not sure about:
    - Where it'll be held
    - How many people would want to participate

So, help us out. If you want to Role Play into the early morning, and be generally freaked out the whole time, then post here! There is no limit to the amount, and the more, the merrier!

Also, if you know of a place we can hold this sucker that will give it the correct feel (Denny's might not cut it)... where we can maybe play some creepy music or something, then post that as well.

If you want to play, come Saturday prepared with a complete Modern character at level 4 (attributes starting all at 8 and adding 27 points.) Keep this in mind... make your characters interesting but fairly normal. Also, remember this is a one-shot game and these characters are not likely to be played past this Saturday.

This should be loads of fun!

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Also, please post here and state whether you are going to be there and play. It is important we have a headcount.

3. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I want to play, but i want to play at denny's....i need the food...!!!!

4. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I will most definitely be there, though I will probably have to leave somewhat early, due to the fact that I have to be at the church by 8 am and I no longer have mommy and daddy to make sure i'm up so that means i can't stay out as late as i used to on nights when i have to wake up early the next morning....not yet at least....once i master the whole waking up to the sound of the alarm clock dealy.

5. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Denny's sounds fine with me. Somebody can bring a portable CD player with Halloween music. I have a CD that I can bring. We don't have to use it, but it's good to know that we have it just in case. I think that I have sound effects. I'll bring that too. I might play the game, but I don't have the book MD.

6. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    i have a cd of random noises that you can use too! it has whales and ducks and cars screaching and a airplane going overhead, explosions, and... I am lieing I don't have a cd like that. I just wanted attention :(.

7. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    Awww.... I think Acthar needs a hug

8. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    i do need a hug, but i only need it if the person doing the hugging is a woman, and is hot. guys and not hot females need not apply!

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I am GMing.

Okay, if you're going to play, you need to make a Modern Character that is over the age of 18, and level 4 as MD posted above.

As for where it will be, I guess Denny's on Nellis is the only place, unless someone has a better idea. If it is the Denny's on Nellis, we probably cannot bring music...

So, who will be there, and at what time? I can't get there until 8:30, but if some of you need to get there earlier to finish up your characters, go for it... Maybe MD or Jank can be there earlier to help with character creation?

10. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I can be there early, but since our beloved Vampire GM will not be in attendance and the majority of us that will be attending live in henderson, why not the denny's by the church on warm springs??? and if anyone needs me there earlier for character creation i'm a whiz with modern characters.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Hmmm... actually, stand by on character creation and the location, I have something I want to run by MD. So, MD, please call me.

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Okay, latest update.

You do not have to make a character for this adventure. I have character sheets already made up, all you have to do is:

1. tell me is your character a boy or girl
    2. tell me your character's first name

Character concepts are:

1. [name TBD] Brand, Blue Collar Worker, Age 19 (Klepto Klown)

2. Denver Cash, Sneak, Age 20 (MoronDude)

3. __________ Coffey, Blue Collar Worker, Age 20

4. Sarah Sharpe, Doctor (EMT), Age 19 (MRV1N)

5. Simon Temple, Technician, Age 21 (Jank)

6. Petra Wolff, Musician, Age 19 (Petra)

So, post who you want. The names listed above are last names, you can fill in a male or female first name. We need at least 2 or 3 players to make this fun, with 6 as the maximum.

EDIT: there is only one spot left, #3!

The occupation listed can be something the character currently does for a living, as a hobby (when appropriate) or something they had done in the past. It doesn't mean they have to be in that occupation currently, they could be into something else at this point.

The character sheest are already made, you just need to show up and play! The game will start at 8:30, so if you want to bring food, you have time to do so. Or we can grab some pizza's from Little Cesars on the corner.

Since I am running the game, and it is a one shot thing, I was able to get a room to do it at the church. Sorry about the extra driving, Petra!

If some of you want your character to start out knowing each other in some way, or in some relationship (brothers, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.) that is fine too.

I will try to make this scary, but regardless, we will have fun!

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OH YEAH,

If you are playing, remember to post which of the six you want, and what your gender and first name is!

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    MR-V1N wants to be the female, Sarah Sharpe, Doctor (EMT), Age 19

I'll be the male, Denver Cash, Sneak, Age 20

15. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Petra Wolff.....musician....booyah

16. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Simon Temple, Technician.

17. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Klepto_Klown wants Brand the 19 year old blue collar worker, but he couldn't thikn up a name on the spot so he will have one when he gets there tonight.

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    MoronDude, please call me asap.

I can't be at the game tonight, but it can still happen if you GM it. I can give you all the materials, and you guys will have to move it to Dennys.

I apologize about the short notice, my son fell and hit his head, and while he seems okay, he has a giant bump on his head, and will need someone to watch him all night, a task my wife cannot do alone.

19. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    sooo...is he like, okay or what?

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, he's cool. Thanks for asking. No puking, his eye functions checked out, so we kept him awake til 10:30 and made sure he was ok. It felt like he had half a golf ball on the back of his head. At the moment, he is pretending to be a snake and chasing around our dog.

I am bummed I missed that game. How did it go, guys?

21. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Well...to be honest...it was very short.

22. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    that's good that he's ok.

23. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, it wasn't THAT short... we made it to 11:00pm... but yeah... what can I say, letting Petra go bad meant that the rest of the group was toast.

24. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    hehehehe!!! i missed it waa! that woulda been funny!

25. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    In my defense, Petra didn't kill me. :) Not that it really mattered, cuz I died anyways... stupid deputy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.