main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Scavenged logs from the datapad of *entry deleted*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zedd-Vega, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Title: Scavenged logs from the datapad of *entry deleted*
    Author: Zedd-Vega
    Characters: Original Characters
    Timeframe: Unknown/Undertermined
    Genre: Autobiographical Journal
    Summary: Personal logs from a mysterious figure
    Notes: These personal logs belong to *entry deleted*. Much of what you see has been altered or tampered with, and they seem to be missing parts in between. The only way to understand them is to read and put the pieces together...

[b]Entry 003.987.23[/b]
    [i]"...damn this planet to the deepest reaches of the abyss. As I stand here at the edge of a cliff, only one emotion drives me to continue my quest: anger. Twenty-three standard months since I arrived on Korriban, and thirteen more months of scouring the abandoned tombs for any remnants of the one I've been searching for. She is elusive, I can give her that much.

I feel a great presence around me, and it's not just the feeling of the lost souls that roam on the dark rocks of Korriban's hellish-shell. It interferes with my training, and I'm sure my Master would be quite disappointed with me if I were to fail my quest. That is, if he knew of my quest. I left without notice, and for some odd yet relieving reason, I feel that I will not be missed..."[/i]

[b]Entry 024.992.00[/b]
    [i]"...I've lost sight of her! That crafty witch managed to sneak right by me and eluded me for the fifth time! Damn her to the abyss with this damned rock of a planet that she took refuge on. Not to mention the fact that she stole my ship. I swear on my honor and my life that I will track her down and kill her for her treachery..."[/i]

[b]Entry 334.765.22[/b]
    [i]"...tuk'ata ate what was left of my rations along with my pack. Luckily enough for me my lightsaber wasn't in there. Some fortune has shined upon me in leaving me at least one weapon to defend myself from the Force-Sensitive creatures that roam about the surface.

I'm not sure whether or not they've been drawn to my potential Force-Sensitivity, or if they're just scouring the barren outcrops for anything to eat. I wouldn't blame them personally. In retrospect, I admire their ability to survive such an environment where food is scarce. Perhaps the Force sustains them... or they sustain the Force.

Either way, I'm the only humanoid presence on this planet. Worse yet, I'm without a ship and night is approaching...oh goody..."[/i]

[hr]

More to come...

2. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Entry 334.765.28
    "...can't sleep. I decided not to camp out in one area. It's bad enough that I can't sense the hungry beasts on this planet and they can sense me. I'd rather give them a challenge if they want to attempt to rip me to pieces. I'm not worried though, after all I am a *entry deleted*.

My master always told me that preparation was key, and aside from my ship dilemma, I'm prepared enough..."

Entry 477.973.01
    "...found a downed ship in the middle of a huge canyon. Can't tell the exact design, and it looks like it is in need of some extensive repairs. I'm no mechanic, but maybe it can get me off Korriban and somewhere close to where it can get repaired for a nominal fee.

Checked in the cockpit, both pilots are dead. Not hard to tell who or what they were, it's clear by their armor. Black visors and everything. Damn those Sith. I think I can salvage some of the parts around the ship to get it flying again. Flying a damaged ship is safer than staying here..."

Entry 662.223.12
    "...drifting for about two days now. Impulse and backup engines shut down on me midway to Nar Shaddaa. Before the engines kicked out on me, the astro-charts said I was close to Nal Hutta. Not sure I'd want to land there, might've been safer with the tuk'ata nipping my heels.

I wish I was back on Ankus where it's safe..."

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oooh, I like this. Very original and imaginative. A mystery to be followed.

Might I ask for PM updates?

4. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Entry 691.445.99
    "...thank the Force! Though it doesn't seem like a blessing at the moment, but a Hutt patrol craft intercepted my distress signal just before the engines died out. Can't say I'm particularly glad that the Hutts found me first, but at the moment, I'm not in any position to complain. They just boarded my ship and --..."

Entry 693.332.87
    "...luckily they're stupider than they sound. I'm still able to keep a sound record of my journal thankfully. They have locked me in a Force Cage, and I must say I find the close quarters a bit confining.

And there is this itch that I just can't..."

Entry 700.000.01
    "...overheard the guards talking about a prison shuttle headed for *entry deleted*. They are to be transporting seven prisoners including myself to the prison where we're to be locked up indefinitely. I've never seen or met these criminals, but I can't let myself become incarcerated with them. Some blessing this turned out to be. Surely there's a way to escape.

If I only had my lightsaber..."

5. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Being rescued by the Hutts is better than dying in cold space. ;)

And there is this itch that I just can't..."

Can't help but chuckle at that.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, this is a very interesting and well-done idea.

7. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Warden's Log 023.442.22
    "...-ing jailbreak! Been unable to record anything for the past few weeks because the Warden and his guards confiscated my datapad. Looks like my logs are destined to be lost forever. It seems that this jailbreak has been the best of my luck so far.

Three inmates including myself took advantage of the chaos inside the prison and made a run for the hangar where we piled into the same shuttle that brought us here weeks ago. Never thought I'd keep such shady company on my ride to salvation. The guards were too busy dealing with riled up inmates to keep track of one loose shuttle after lockdown.

I've 'borrowed' the Warden's datapad to replace my old one that he stashed somewhere in his office. I can't say I'm not grateful for the rodian pickpocket who pilfered it from his desk, but it would've helped if he got the right one..."

Warden's Log 029.149.56
    "...can't seem to get this security override working on this damned datapad. I'd hate to be known as 'Warden' for the rest of my journal, but it's going to be complicated enough finding a slicer to alter it for free.

I'm creditless, lightsaberless, and clueless as to where these inmates are taking me. Anywhere's better than the last two planets I was on..."

Warden's Log 031.200.61
    "...pilot says that we're going to be landing on Tatooine in a moment or two. Only problem we have is that we can't land in Mos Eisley or Anchorhead spaceport without proper docking codes. The aqualish said that he'd be bringing us down in the eastern part of the Dune Sea, close enough to Anchorhead for us to make a trek into town.

Hopefully there aren't many Sand People around..."

8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Well, he or she, has managed to escape confinment and this is a good thing. Heading to Tattooine? That could be tough luck there.

9. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Warden's Log 031.356.99
    "...the dark-skinned zabrak pirate in our party has located an abandoned camp just near the Anchorhead settlement. From the looks of it, the camp belonged to a group of Sand People who left the remains of hide-skinned tents and rations behind. I have to admit that the old dried jerky was much better than the food they gave us in prison.

I haven't forgotten my quest. Not at all. I must find *entry deleted* and get my ship back from her treacherous grasp. If she wasn't my--..."

Warden's Log 036.332.19
    "...the aqualish bounty hunter and the zabrak pirate have gotten along quite nicely for escaped convicts. Together, they along with the rodian and myself have fashioned ponchos out of the left behind clothing and material from the Tusken camp. We'll need those to cover the bright orange jumpsuits they gave us at *entry deleted*.

We're going straight into Anchorhead to find transport off of Tatooine. Although it may not be best for us to be traveling together in the group that we have amassed. Four prisoners walking around look suspicious enough if you ask me. Let alone four outsiders who just walked in from seemingly out of nowhere.

I'll bring it up as soon as I get a chance. Unfortunately, I can't understand much of what they're saying without the zabrak translating for me..."

Warden's Log 039.232.45
    "...in Anchorhead with no trouble from local authorities. I doubt word of the jailbreak reached this far out as Tatooine. Despite the looks we're gathering from locals, I think we'll have no trouble getting away. But I can't help sensing that the woman I've been searching for is here. Perhaps the Force is guiding me to her.

The zabrak said that we'll need money to pay a spacer or smuggler to transport us as far as Corellia. For a pirate, he's much more subtle than the aqualish and rodian. From what I've heard the zabrak translate, they're planning on stealing a ship from the spaceport.

I can't help but think that they're going to get themselves killed. After all, we are unarmed at the moment. Well, they are. I still have use of the Force.

It would be my luck that the Force would forsake me just when my luck seems to have reached it's peak..."

10. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Warden's Log 042.943.32
    "...the zabrak and myself have found ourselves in the Anchorhead cantina looking for someone he said could help us. Some smuggler/pirate named *entry deleted*. The zabrak also said that if we were to get off of Tatooine, he would be inclined to make a quick trip to Nar Shaddaa before we continued on our journey.

I have no objections to this of course, but entering Hutt Space again is a chance I would not be willing to take right away. After all, I was apprehended on Nal Hutta for reasons only known to the Force, and after being sent to *entry deleted*, I don't think I would care to return to that dark part of the galaxy.

However, the Force drew me to this zabrak, and oddly enough, I can sense a great deal of potential in him. Potential for *entry deleted* training..."

Warden's Log 044.421.00
    "...the zabrak has been reading my datapad entries as of late. We've never introduced ourselves formally, but I think that's for the best if authorities are looking for us. He's been calling me 'Warden' to my dismay, but it is an acceptable alias for the time being. Either he's calling me that through sheer ignorance or perhaps blind stupidity, but it suits me for now.

He calls himself Redzef, which I can easily recognize as his real name, and we've been discussing each others pasts and motives for breaking out of *entry deleted*. He understands my plight in finding *entry deleted*, and he too is searching for someone. A female he has designated as Laytani, his wife.

Redzef has been searching for her ever since her enslavement by the Hutts, and is hoping to reunite with her after seven long years of absence. I sympathize with him, and I have offered to aid him in finding his beloved if he can help me find that witch *entry deleted*..."

Warden's Log 047.899.65
    "...blasterfire in the cantina! Though it comes as no surprise now as it did when it happened, the rodian and aqualish managed to get ahold of some blasters and spouted something about comandeering one of the larger freighters in the dock. Thank the Force that Redzef translated for me, or else I would've had to take action against the irrate thugs.

Redzef and myself took this as our cue to sneak out, but being as large as I am, I cannot sneak around without aid from the Force. Thankfully, the Force was on our side, allowing us to get by the thugs because they recognized us from the start and ushered us out the exit. It would've worked too, but then that slippery witch *entry deleted* shot and killed both thugs with her blaster rifle and started to pursue Redzef and myself through Anchorhead.

We found ourselves in the ship dock, and soon, we hid aboard one of the freighters. From the looks of the interior, the aqualish and rodian had been here, and it seemed that they could've left any time they wanted. But that doesn't explain why they returned to the cantina..."

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Fascinating entries.

interesting that Redzef would call the Jedi 'Warden'. I do wonder what that means to him. Poor being having lost his wife to slavers.

Arrrgh!! Who is this witch that's being pursued then shows up so suddenly???

12. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Warden's Log 55.000.30
    "...after *entry deleted* drove us from Tatooine, Redzef recalled his days as a space pirate and quickly assumed the role of helmsman of the freighter. Again, I had no objections, but only because I couldn't fit into the pilot seat. Wouldn't have been the first time that I couldn't do something based on my size.

The pirate has plotted a course for Nar Shaddaa, explaining that it would be easier to hide from *entry deleted* and locate Laytani at the same time. He called it 'killing two mynocks with one ion charge'. An interesting metaphor for a possible solution to our dilemma.

Redzef has asked about the training I mentioned in my logs, and I have yet to give him a clear answer. In my sixty-seven years of life, never have I encountered one with such curiosity of the Force to be willing to ask of such training.

It appears his potential is quite--..."

Warden's Log 064.321.32
    "...Hutt Space makes me uneasy. It's not the polluted atmosphere of the Hutt-controlled worlds that turns my stomach, it's the 'colorful' inhabitants that could make you want to cough up your earliest meal.

When we landed, Redzef informed me that Laytani was in the service of a local Hutt crimelord who is infamously known throughout the galaxy as 'Shodoo the Engorged'. With a name like that, I would imagine it would be rather hard not to be infamous.

I had been to Nar Shaddaa only once before, but that was when I was fairly new to the ways of the Force, and had only recently been accepted as an apprentice under *entry deleted*. I can still recall the smell of ionized air the last time I was here, and it haunts me still to this day.

Keeping a low-profile is our best bet for the time being, as we passed multiple patrol ships circling the orbit of Nar Shaddaa. They must be looking for more fugitives that escaped from *entry deleted*, so chances are Redzef and I aren't the only escaped criminals seeking sanctuary on this polluted moon..."

Warden's Log 072.211.29
    "...Redzef and I have disguised ourselves as refugees to blend in with most of the local inhabitants. Until we can gather proper information and supplies to locate Shodoo on the Smuggler's Moon, we're 'running blind into an Iridonian windstorm' as Redzef cleverly stated.

I do believe that his mannerisms are rubbing off on me. Including the prison warden's datapad inspired nickname..."

13. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Warden's Log 076.353.33
    "...why do I listen to him? Why did I let him drag me all the way back into Hutt Space? Oh, that's right, I'm helping him find his wife. The things I do for my own personal gain. No matter, it appears as if we've caught Shodoo's attention just by landing on Nar Shaddaa.

Perhaps we will receive an audience with him. Perhaps sooner than first expected..."

Warden's Log 078.327.65
    "...my big mouth. Ambushed just before we entered the slum sector of Nar Shaddaa. Seven thugs demanding that Shodoo see us immediately. This isn't as bad as losing my ship to *entry deleted* on Korriban.

These thugs say that they are collecting a 'bounty' on our heads. Probably from the jailbreak, but I doubt that they know I'm a *entry deleted*. Redzef has told me that is usually how one gathers an audience with Shodoo, so I'm not worried...much..."

Warden's Log 082.887.13
    "...damn damn and double damn. I've found myself within another cramped and confining Force Cage, and Redzef is nowhere to be found. I've searched the room I'm in, and the zabrak pirate isn't anywhere near me.

I can sense his presence in the Force however, but it is very faint. Whether he's hurt or its just the Force Cage interfering with my senses is beyond me. I do hope he's alright, or else it looks like I'm going back to *entry deleted* courtesy of Shodoo the Engorged.

Sithspit! That witch just--..."

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

I can't help but think that they're going to get themselves killed. After all, we are unarmed at the moment. Well, they are. I still have use of the Force.

It would be my luck that the Force would forsake me just when my luck seems to have reached it's peak..."

Love this! =D= And I can't believe I missed this earlier! :oops:

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    In my sixty-seven years of life, never have I encountered one with such curiosity of the Force to be willing to ask of such training.

Really? I would think so many would be curious.

Arrrgh, locked up again! Will our unknown Jedi ever get back to Coruscant? Now where is Redzef?

Excellent posts! :D :D

16. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Warden's Log 078.478.09
    "...greedy wench was just biding her time and followed us all the way out to Hutt Space. In all honesty, the air the Hutts breathe is more welcoming than the aura that flows around her. If it weren't for my lack of a lightsaber and my current imprisonment, I would have gutted her like a kowakian monkey-lizard for taking my ship back on Korriban.

Ironic that the only ones who could have the access codes to my ships console were fam--..."

Warden's Log 088.113.33
    "...blasterfire outside the cellblock! I'm pretty sure Redzef has found himself in quite a bind because I can sense him approaching quickly. Hopefully he has a key to get me out of this Force Cage.

He's just entered and he's brought a young twi'lek girl with him..."

Warden's Log 109.221.22
    "...--dzef shot Shodoo with some Verpine disruptor he found in the guard's quarters and dragged Laytani with him after blasting the chain she was bound to. I have to say, for a female of a more human-like species, she is quite a catch. Odd though that a zabrak and a twi'lek would form a couple.

We've headed for the hangar, and we're commandeering yet another vessel. Ours is way too far away for us to make a clean break to it.

By the Force! My ship! And *entry deleted* is nowhere to be found! Our luck has finally turned around..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.