main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Scavenger Hunt?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I saw on the FF chapter news that Chicago is doing a star wars related video scavenger hunt and was wondering who would be interested in doing something like this?

We can do a video hunt (would require at least 2 video cameras) or a regular hunt (would perhaps require poloroid cameras). Any preference?

I have asked for more details as they have successfully completed another hunt last year. If there is interest I would like to get this in the planning stage (perhaps have a meeting to decide on rules, etc before hand?)

2. JediMasterLogan

JediMasterLogan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2003
    I'm new around here and was wondering about the group. How many people, what are some of the events you have done in the past (i.e.-scavanger hunts), etc...

Thanks.

3. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    The scavenger hunt would be a new thing for us. So far we have about 5 people who participate with this group. We have had a couple of meetings and have yet to find a time where everyone can do an event, Hoping this scavenger hunt idea will spark some interest.

Welcome aboard. If you have further questions feel free to pm me :)

4. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    if it was a weekend i could come, i would definitely be interested

5. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Weekends would be the only time I would suggest something like this take place as it should be a most to all day thing.

6. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    i'm up for it but it will probably have to be a weekend after the middle of august because i have performances aug 16 and 17th

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I am sure it will take at least that long to get things together for this event. Anyone else with restrictions on dates for august?

8. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    On August 8th I will be driving to Baltimore and on August 9th I will be attending a Hanson concert!!!!! Yea I'm just a little excited, any other weekend in August should work though.

9. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Excluding the first weekend of course, right?

Oh speaking of that weekend, Heather are we still on for dress shopping (ann if you want to come to you can :) )?? we will need to be back before 1 though so how early would you be willing to go and I will call and make an appointment

10. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    what time do you want to meet that morning? at your house or a shop in town? or i could come the night before. whatever works best!

11. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    *sorry for the serious diversion in topic*

You could come the night before if you like :) other wise we could meet at the store as the only one is on the west side (closer for you :) )

12. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Whenever works for me so long as it's not the last weekend in August.

13. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    This sounds fun but Aug is pretty much booked for me weekend wise.

Aug 2 doing the Carbon Leaf concert though that Sun is open at the moment.
    Aug 9-10 going to see Weird Al at Carowinds (yeah Im nuts...Im going to get home round 2-3 am Monday morning and work that mornign)
    Aug 15-24 Im on vacation!! Finally! Will probably be going out of town but not def yet. But very likely.
    Aug 30- Sept 1 is Labor Day weekend. Aug 30 I know I cant but 31 or Sept 1 I would be open as of now.

Nave

14. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    You're going to see Carbon Leaf? Did Heather get ya hooked or something? :)
    Keith

15. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    evan saw his first cl performance saturday night. we stood in the sun and humid weather for hours before they ever went on, but it was a good show :)

they're playing a great venue in cville sept 13 (or 12?)....anyone like to come? ;-)

16. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Make sure the replies are taken to their new home: Local concerts :)

Anyone else for the topic at hand? Scavenger Hunt?

17. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I have found another idea for a scavenger hunt of sorts. This one is more of a "How well do you know your city and the things in it"

It would involve teams of 2-4 (depending on the number that take part) going around the city with cameras (the article I am taking this from used digital cameras but I am unsure as to how many have one of those) and a list of clues you must solve. The first person to solve all clues and take pictures at each location (the article had 12 clues) wins.

18. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    The only day I have free until October that I know of is this Sunday. Working two jobs is going to keep me very busy, I could probalby do an evening activity though (even on a weekend), so I'll keep my eyes open for something I can do.

19. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Hmmm, I don't know anybody who actively participates in fan force Richmond but I do got a group of about 10 people I play the star wars roleplaying game with down town.

20. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah there are several different active RPG groups in Richmond...as far as star wars is concerned.

Unfortunatly with real lives to live, Star Wars Fandom tends to take a back seat. As interest peaks for the next movie this may greatly change. Right now, we are waiting to get a concensus of the group available for an activity, then we shall start planning.

21. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Well, you can count on me being an active member of the fanforce richmond board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.