main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scenes in movies that get you all choked up...or...It's okay to cry.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Silac5, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    The end of Return to Paradise...

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    And who could forget Armageddon, where Bruce Willis sacrifices himself to save his son-in-law-to-be?

3. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    The funeral scene of Here on Earth: i was wailing....

Dead poets society really got me too.

4. Attack_Of_Da_Gnomes

Attack_Of_Da_Gnomes Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    In green mile when John Coffee dies

5. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    That too from Armageddon. That was probally the best part of the movie.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    For me also;
    Dead Poet's Society: At the end where they all stand up on their desks.

Waaaaaaah!

I cried during "South Park, Bigger longer Uncut" too, especially during the Uncle... song. But that wasn't because I was sad.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    ROTJ - When the Rancor dies. :_| Malakili's tears just crank the faucet wide open. It's like watching the Star Wars version of Old Yeller.

Godzilla: 1984 (1985 in America) - When the big Z bites it in the end. :_| It's like watching a big, radioactive mutant reptile version of Old Yeller.

Hellraiser II: Hellbound - When we learn the heart-warming origins of Pinhead. Touching. :_|

The Road Warrior - When Max's dog gets whacked. :_| More gut-wrenching than the Rancor's cold-blooded murder. :_| It's like watching the Australian version of Old Yeller.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    What about Old Yeller? ;)

9. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Old Yeller is definitely another one.

And the previously mentioned scene from Armageddon. ("I wish I could be there to walk you down the aisle." :( )

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I can't believe I forgot to list Terminator 2, when Ah-nold melts himself at the end.

11. womberty

womberty Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    What about Bambi's mother?

(Little kid watching Bambi: :) ... [face_plain] ... :( ... :_| )

12. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    How can you guys forget ET????

Ok, am I dating myself here?

13. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    When JarJar survives the Gungan battle. Tearjerking.

14. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I don't think I've ever officially cried at a theater, but there are two scenes (in one movie!) where I came very close. Gandalf's fall (and the scenes immediately after) and Boromir's death scene in Fellowship of the Ring get me all emotional every time I see 'em.

I have, however, cried while watching Contact on video. Of course, I was sick at the time, and rather emotionally fragile, but the end still gets me... "I believe her." Yay for Matthew McConaughey!

15. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

This sucks! You guys have taken all the good ones!

Well, when Matt Damon morphs from young Private Ryan to his older counterpoint at the cemetary and the whole story is tied together, the combination of the music and the unexpectedness of it just wiped me out the first time I saw it.

There's so many. If a movie doesn't have at least one emotional moment in it, it's usually not much of a movie.

16. b_glad_im_not_ur_kid

b_glad_im_not_ur_kid Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
  17. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Only one sequence in one film has ever caused me to break down, and that is the climax to Gallipoli, starring Mel Gibson and Mark Lee. Major Barton's speech, and Archie's last race are absolute heartbreakers. :_|

18. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    When Luke burns his father. The music in that is so incredibly sad and you really start to feal for what Anakin Skywalker went through.

I also cried once after the end of ESB. Again, its something about the music. Williams is a god!

19. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    i don't think anyone has mentioned FORREST GUMP, at the end when forrest is at jeeny's grave talking to about little forrest. i cry all the time.

in star wars, i haven't cried but when obi-wan and yoda die it is very emtional you know.

and any movie that has an animal getting hurt or killed.

20. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    When Bambi's mother dies in Bambi. Saddest. Scene. Ever.

21. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Today when I was watching Rugrats In Paris,the part where Chuckie talks about how he wished he had a mommy had me a little choked up. When I was nine I cried when I saw The Muppets Take Manhattan,during the part where they break up and go their seperate ways becuase they couldn't get their play produced. The end scenes in ROTJ get me all tingled up in emotion when I think about them,but I don't really cry. Otherwise,I don't really cry at movies,even though I'm an emotional person.

22. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    The end of Dead Poets Society always makes me cry...when they stand on top of the desks...and when the guy talks the gun out of his dad's desk and you hear the gunshot...
    *sobs*

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    1)The Green Mile- the end where John dies at the end; i was full of tears/

2)Titanic- when the band plays for the last time, & practically the rest of ship sinking, i always get teary-eyed.

3)Return of the Jedi:SE- the new ending always makes me cry.

4)Terminator 2: Judgment Day- when Arnold is giving John Connor the 'thumbs up' right before he dies.

the ending of Armageddon, where Willis sacrifices himself gets me a bit choked up.

24. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    The end of the trial in To Kill a Mockingbird.

25. Leggo_my_Legolas

Leggo_my_Legolas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2002
    Whoo, I'm pretty emotional during movies but here are the ones that just made me bawl:

The end of Fellowship of the Ring, at Boromir's death when he says to Aragorn: "I would have followed you, my brother...my captain...my king."

After Bruce Willis stays behind in Armageddon, and his daughter speaks to him and is left with her hand on the TV screen.

Pearl Harbor, when Josh Hartnett dies.
    Rafe: You can't die. You're gonna be a daddy! I wasn't supposed to tell you.
    Danny: No. You are.

The end of ROTJ, beginning with Vader's body in flames and from then on.

The Green Mile, at John Koffee's death.

Gladiator, Lucilla's last line after Maximus falls: "Is Rome worth one good man's life? We believed it once. Let us believe it again. He was a soldier of Rome. Honor him."

And, I hate to admit it, but when Rose runs into Mr. Andrews in Titanic..."I'm sorry I didn't build you a better ship."

Wow. Long list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.