main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scenes in the OT that have a new light due to the PT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by echo_seven, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo_seven

echo_seven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    In ROTJ, Darth Vader looking back and forth between the Emperor and Luke, it reminded me of when he looked back and forth in ROTS with Palpy and Mace.

It made me realize that both moments were defining moments in Anakin's life-moments in time where he had to make a choice. It is interesting to think that he chopped off Mace's hand to save the Emperor's life, and he threw the Emperor down the shaft to save Luke's life.

Hmmm. What do you think?

2. Felton

Felton Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    While it's not in the OT.....Anakin pacing while talking to Obi-Wan before their duel was just like Maul's while waiting for the beams to shut off on Naboo.

It was like their hate and anger was so much that they couldn't stand still. A nice little touch.

3. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Alderaan being blown up. I actually care now.

Obi-wan dissappearing. This used to be something that was just cool. I thought hey, all Jedis dissappear when they die.
    Turns out, they dont. And I know people didnt like the scene with Obi/Yoda talking about Qui-Gon. But I do. It doesnt answer our questions really, but keep in mind its not meant to. Its actually meant to create questions. Create questions for people who have only seen 1-3 at that point. Which makes it just a teaser. So I thought about this.

You watch Ep 1. You meet Jedis. Qui-Gon dies, he falls down and lays there, then they burn him. No questions. Hes a man, that seems normal. Ep 2. Some more Jedi die and their bodies are strewn around, also seems normal. No questions. Same goes with Ep3. But then comes that seen at the end. All of a sudden youre coming out of the theater saying "Holy Crap, whats was that stuff about Qui-Gon and immortality, thats cool. I can t wait to see what happens with that.

Then go to Episode 4. The big Rematch. Obi-Wan says if you strike me down I shall become more powerfull than you can possibly imagine. Then he looks over at Luke, then he gives that little grin. Then Vader slashes him and he dissappears. "WHOA!!!" thats amazing. Its just totally different now.

4. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    When Han Solo says "This is where the Fun begins" when being chased by two star destoriers. Anakin says the same line in a similar situation in a huge space battle.
    To me this shows that mother and daugther have similar taste in men. Padme and Leia like their dangerous men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.