Provo SCERA theatre, opening day developments

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by darthshine, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There's lots of stuff you can throw together. Just get creative. For Sinister_Raven I'm making him a Han Solo costume, dont' know how good he'll look in it.
  2. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    I am making a Dooku costume. Well I'm not really making it, I am mostly just buying all black clothes, a belt, and the lightsaber. Then I have some black boots to wear. The only thing I really made myself (actually it was my friends mom that made it) was the cloak thing. The best part, in my opinion, is that to finish it off I am going to get white color and spray my hair and beard. I know I won't look the best but I am sure going to have fun. If any of you have suggestions on how I can make the costume better I will be happy to hear them.
  3. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Let's see....Shantelle makes 17, Debbie and Dave Lemmon make 18 and 19, and Jayce makes 20. There is a prerequisite of costumes, though...so please keep that in mind. I will be scrambling around for something as well.
  4. General_Palteth Jedi Padawan

I agree... I will try to be there as much as I can. But all I care about is the performer within me wanting to be seen around in costume. And if I get some benefits afterward, so much the better.
  5. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    I am going to stop by tonight around 6 or 6:30 and stay for an hour or two. I hope I will be able to see some of you guys there.
  6. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Josh and I will be there on Monday night. I'm also going to bring the pinata stuff if I haven't finished all of them by then. If you want to help I'm not gonna turn you away. :D

Can I also get the address for it too?
  7. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    is there any news on the Scera yet? I mean are we all still lining up? Raven and I are still planning on being down there this evening to participate in the line up, unless of course there is now line then it would be pointless right?
  8. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    There is still a line, else my tent is out there all by it's lonesome. I'll be there tonight as well.

The line is continuing until opening day, regardless of ticket availability at this point. Yes, you can purchase tickets for the midnight showing at the Scera, but we are all still getting the passes for that showing (and yes, for the ones on Saturday as well).
  9. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    So I take it we're not doing the 107.5 thing?

I apologise, unless I have explicit directions on what exactly we're doing (or I have someone who knows to drag me around and say "Stand here and look cool") I tend to panic a little, 'cause I have a tendancy to screw up royally.

I need to show up for the following, correct?

May 15 - 6 PM - Scera Theatre, in costume, to usher (having spent some time in line, or is that just for the 17th?)

May 18 - 2 PM - PTC, in costume, to mingle w/ bystanders

May 25 - I can't make it to this, I'm going to be at CONDuit, up in Salt Lake, so my spot for this day is up for grabs.

If I'm forgetting something, please tell me. :)

Also, if anyone needs help with sewing a costume, I have a sewing machine and plenty of sewing experience. I can also help design a costume from scratch. Speaking of which, I need to help someone with that ASAP . . . I can be PM'd, or e-mailed at dantanaskywalker@yahoo.com.

I'll try in the next few weeks to be on here more than once or twice a week.

Dantana

10. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I really hate not remembering someones home phone number. :mad: Course they have a cell phone but then they turn the thing off, how are you supposed to get a hold of them?

Hopefully Josh and I can make it this evening. I really do want to stand in line but I think he needs to be there as well. Argh, men suck. We should be able to make it, he just called into work and didn't tell me.
  11. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    What's also annoying is when someone says they'll call you, and they DON'T! So you've been waiting around all day long, waiting for a phone call, and they DON'T CALL! I've had this happen with members of both genders. My best friend does that to me all the time.

I agree that if they have a cell phone, they should at least have in on vibrate, unless they're in a hospital.

Re: waiting in line. I think I can spend some time down at the line, but I'm not sure when. How long do we need to spend down there?

Dantana
  12. Renegade4E Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, do tickets go on sale at SCERA tomorrow?
  13. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Tickets are already available at the SCERA. Stock up, folks.

As far as time in the line...just come down and spend some time. It's not required, but it would give me the chance to get to know everyone in a slightly more casual atmosphere than an activity. I've been lucky enough to spend time with the select few who have come down to visit, and I look forward to spending a little more time in the line.
  14. Renegade4E Jedi Knight

star 1
    Argh! I came down today about 1:45 and no one was there... :( Oh well. Navaren, do we have dates, times, places yet for the opening day arrangements at SCERA?
  15. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Matt, I posted all that in an earlier message in this thread. Here's a recap:

May 15- 6:00 pm
    Gathering in costume at the Scera. We will be working as ushers until 11:30 pm, at which time we will be seated for the midnight showing of Episode 2. There are twenty passes available, which seems to fit our needs at this time. We had 18 participants at last count (according to my list for the PTC appearance).

May 16- Opening Day
    I have not made any group arrangements for this day. You're on your own for this one.

The line was largely abandoned today because of the rough weather we've been having. We will be back up again as soon as the wind lets up....believe me, I nearly found my tent doubling as a parachute while I was trying to take it down.
  16. Renegade4E Jedi Knight

star 1
    Argh! My bad. Ok, thanks for the recap. And I'm sorry I missed you today! But I'll be there on the 15th with Trisha!
  17. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I can probably spend some time down at the line tomorrow or the day after. Which tent are we?

Dantana
  18. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Spending time in the line is for if you want to buy tickets, right? (or if you want to visit and help out)
    Cause we're getting passes for the midnight showing, right? So this is just for the "everyone do your own thing" on the 16th.

Right?
  19. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It was fun yesterday Tiffany. It's good getting to know everyone in a different setting than an actual meeting. I wish I could go down more often though, I feel bad about it.

And thank you again for putting all of this together, we wouldn't be having this great experiance without you.
  20. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dantana, our tent is not up currently, due to the winds of yesterday (sounds like a bad novel, doesn't it?). I will be putting it back up tonight, weather pending. Our spot is marked in the meantime by four cement blocks in some sort of formation on the sidewalk.

Adam, participation in the line is not mandatory, as I have mentioned before. We do have passes for the midnight showing, but I'm still spending time down there anyway. It gives an interesting insight into the Star Wars fan phenomenon and has allowed me to become reacquainted with friends I met in the Phantom Menace lineup three years ago. Your milage may vary, of course, but I've been enjoying myself. You might want to come down to experience the social aspect of Star Wars fandom.

Mary, it was great to see you and Josh Monday night. Thanks for coming, and thank you again for your appreciation.

This is going to be our May activity, folks. I am not planning anything else until June.
  21. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah I'll be there! I can't wait

BTW this is Trish...:)
  22. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I don't think that anything can top this as the activity for ANY month. :)

Dantana
  23. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    For Sure!

I'm so excited!!! EII is going to rock the house! Everyone give a shout out for EII!!!

Thanks to Tiffany for helping so much in getting this together!
  24. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Tori_Dakk-

I met you at the picnic, right? If I'm talking to the person I think I am :) we need to get together for the costume. I figured out how to do the dip-dye thing, and it won't cost as much, won't have as many layers, etc. Cheaper. Which is good.

I'm free pretty much all day tomorrow.

I reiterate to everyone, I can help make costumes. Yeah, I know, it's literally a week away, but I can help one or two people, I think.

Dantana
  25. Renegade4E Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dantana- did you get my email? I wanted to know if you could help me do one or two things to enhance my costume?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.