main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SCFF First Anniversary Meeting Report

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok, will get pics later, as soon as I get them uploaded.

The meeting went GREAT!!!!!!! :D Had a much better turnout than expected. At one point there were 14-15 people, averaged about 8-10. We had a blast!!

Things discussed:

Future Events
    SacCon
    ComicCon
    WorldCon
    WonderCon
    CIV - Naturally :D
    RL Events
    501st Events
    Unofficial SW Disneyland Day
    Santa Cruz Boardwalk (SCFF Hosting the Party!)

Also Discussed:
    Future SCFF Meetings:
    At Unofficial SW Disneyland Day
    Santa Cruz FF/ MultiGroup Invitatinal Get-together At the Boardwalk

Once again, the annual "I Don't Want To Be Leader, YOU Be Leader," non-election election was held, and the results were, everything stays the same as your laid-back council continues to point fingers and appoint whom ever is not paying attention at that moment as Leader of the Day. So it is said, So it is written, So it is done! [face_mischief]

The meeting consisted of lots of laughter, lots of plans, lots of Sushi, LOTS of irreverence, and as always, awsome seeing you all. Hawkie, thanks again for making the long trip to meet up with all of us. [:D] You know we love you! Kai and Johnny B - Hugs to you both for coming. [:D] Kai, see you DID get the armor done!! (and it looked great!) Qui-Gon, thanks for the use of the Outer Robe during the Meeting pics, so your Apprentice was able to hide "his" Long Way Round T-Shirt, "Biker Boy" outfit! Siri, thanks for being, once again, Official SCFF Photographer.

Sid and Mrs. Sid, Thanks to your "STRONG" suggestion of our meeting place, we were "Forced" to gorge ourselves on the best Sushi in the Universe! *Oh yeah!!!!!!* Even though Sid didn't manage to sell any used speeders, like the true Emperor he is, he managed to work behind the scenes and take our little group and "Mind Wammy" it (and us) into something more powerful than we could possibly imagine. :D A very special thanks to Sid, Mrs. Sid, and Siri_Tachi for suggesting one year ago that we create Santa Cruz FF. The irreverence (and especially your puns and humor, Sid) continues to help make us what we are...

Santa Cruz FF, The Irreverent Side of the Force!

Also, thanks to everyone who participated in the SECRET CANTINA OF SOLITUDE MEETING! Our spies got pics and they too, will be posted! But don't tell anyone, it's a secret![face_shhh]

Everyone, feel free to jump in and post your own report on the meeting.

Also, will be setting up a seperate thread for a BayCon report, itself

EDITED TO ADD: Website!! Wesa gonna hava Website!!!
    (Sorry, Kai!) (If I look "Cute" will it help? *Making Bambi Eyes*[face_batting]

Master Kenobi
    *Transmission Out!*

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I just wanted to add to the meeting "minutes" that we did also discuss the official website for our group, and I am STILL (even after sleeping off a bit of the con) ready and willing to listen to everybody's input and pitch in to help do the set up and design work for the site. And then later, when you look at it and say, "What was Kai THINKING?" you can get somebody competent and redo it. ;)

It was fantastic seeing everybody. I can't wait for our next official meeting and any other excuse to get together and party with the SC Fanforce.

And...eagerly anticipating photos! Hee!

- Kai

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    THAT"S RIGHT!!! WE ARE GONNA HAVE A WEBSITE!!~!!!! *Happy Website Dance* Thank you Thank YOu Thank you!!! (can you tell I'm tired?)

Pics will be coming to a website near you SOON!!![face_dancing]

4. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    As soon as I have the FTP info and the pics, that is. ;)

I am excited, too! I just hope I can make it live up to expectations! :)

- Kai

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Coming from a lot of official/unofficial meetings, I would say that yours was very official and very successful. Ideas were thrown, puns were thrown, Sushi was NOT thrown (a good thing) and I think everyone had a good time.

It was great seeing Kim and Josie again. Thanks to Siri for the use of her badge for part of the afternoon. I was very honored to meet the infamous (that's more than famous) Sid and Mrs. Sid. as well as the other SCFFers. The costumes were great and it was a lot of fun playing "handler" for the day, though I think Kenobi's robe weighs as much as I do.

Until the next meeting!

6. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Happy One Year Birthday SCFF! A COOL first year! The best time I have ever had, especially since everything prior was nothing but a nightmare!!! I can only say I am glad that hell is over and I survived it. I suppose the best way I can describe this sentiment is by use of my favorite mark and signature - The Phoenix; "out of my own ashes I am reborn, a new." This past year of smiles and support has helped to restore my faith that "good" and ?honor? is still there in people. (Yes, even from the Sith in the group - LOL! Funny as they are the ones who started this too!) Thank you to all in SCFF for the gift of restoration.

I look forward to the next fun filled year!

Oh yeah, my George report; Good Job everyone. Photos to follow shortly. I am looking forward to working with all of you at the next up coming events.

Siri/George/JFS

7. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Well, shoot, that sounded like fun. Maybe next year.

Siri: Wow, "Phoenix" is your thing? Mebbe you should check out X-Men: The Last Stand!!!

Caryn B.
    The Parrot

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Parrot,

If your going to BayCon next year, then you will miss us again! (We're all going to be at CIV! LOL)

(Currently counting down to PotCII!) :D

9. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I rock, what can I say?

Ahem

Ego aside, it was a great meeting, lot of fun people and good times. Sadly it was a no show from any San Jose FF people, I was hoping some would drop by, but it was a busy weekend for all and we ran a few minutes late due to costuming problems.

The new local is great, things are shaping up well and we'll get back to some old projects and pick up a few new ones in the coming months.

Thanks to all for coming from far and wide to attend, y'all rock as well.

And sorry about Koza, he's back in the bag now, hair all ziplocked away, it's safe to come out now.

But Kaden is a whole other ball game, heh heh heh, got to work on him for next year/later this year.

*waves from the balcony*

P.S. And thanks to Mrs. Sid for not killing me over the weekend. We were still pretty stressed from the week prior, and I appreciate her not offing me in my sleep.

Of course, maybe she did and I just haven't realized it yet... nope, I'm still breathing.

And the weekend was a bit like LOST, met Kevin Mosbaugm(sp?) from MiceChat who used to work for me at GYRO way back when...

Baycon is turning into a strange Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon thing.

Weird.

10. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I dunno Master K....I'm almost thinking I'd have more fun at BayCon then fighting the lines and crowds in LA at C4. ;)

11. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    We make the fun, it goes where we are most times. Besides, I might be able to expand Sid's Speeders to a whole new market...

HAVE to get those T Shirts done.

*grins*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.