main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SCFF Meeting at BayCon

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Transmission:

Calling all Jedi and Sith, there will be a SCFF meeting at BayCon this Memorial Day Weekend.

The meeting will take place on Saturday, probably sometime in the early afternoon, DEFINITELY at the SushiBar.

So, anyone have preferences for a time. I'm going for 1:00 p.m.

How does that work for everyone.

Kenobi Out

Transmission Ended:

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    *shrug* Hard to say, since I don't know what the schedule will be like yet. But sure, that sounds good for now.

Does the SushiBar have non-sea-based food as well? [face_worried]:)

3. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Yep, I'm not a big seafood fan, I have the soup and some of the other stuff. Besides, I can always chow down later at the coffee bar too. One year we had the perpetual table, big round table, people came and went for hours, it was never empty of at least some friends, we came back later and ate and chatted again and again.

It's part of what makes that convention fun, good friends aplenty.

4. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Sounds good, tentatively! Like it was said above, not sure of the schedule yet, but looking forward to the meeting, sushi, et al! :)

- Kai

5. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Sounds good to me too.

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey.. welcome back..we've missed you!!!!! [:D]

We just need to figure out a time and day....I'm thinking Friday maybe?

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hmm...I may not make it to BayCon...but would it be okay if a wayward Sacramento Rogue popped into the meeting for a few?

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Welllllll, considering that you are also a member of Santa Cruz....a "certain Sacramento Rogue" BETTER be there!!!! :D

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awwww....well in that case...I guess I'd better plan on a little day-trip to the beach.

10. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    So who all's coming to the con? Just trying to get a head count.

And maybe next year we'll rent a van and road trip for the morning to Castle AFB. Every Memorial Day weekend they have an "Open Cockpit" day where you can sit in various aircraft on display, the longest line is for the SR71 Blackbird!!!

http://www.elite.net/castle-air/

I've been wanting to do this for years. This year is out of the question, but maybe next year we roust everyone early Sunday morning and road trip it in a rental van to get pics in the SR, then coast back to the convention grinning from ear to ear.

This came to mind today because of seeing a B-17 bomber fly over Moffett field this morning, must be on it's way to an air show somewhere.

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I hope you have the meeting on Saturday...that's when I'm pretty sure I could make it. It's a long drive, but for you guys..it's worth it. :D

I wanna sit in a fighter!!!!

12. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Saturday is the plan so far, and thanks for coming all the way out.

As far as sitting in the fighter, shoot, for you it's a short drive, Castle is just south of Oakdale as I recall on highway 99.

13. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Saturday sounds good.

14. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Saturday sounds good, with the caveat that I will be in the masquerade and, as a lot of you know, Baycon wants to you to sit for HOURS in the Green Room prior to the masquerade, so I will have to be available for that exciting stretch of time. Bleh. But aside from that, sounds good.

- Kai

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok, Sat it is...how how about a time? Do we want to do this as a breakfast thing so we don't get in the way of any panals? Just need to know so we can post the time here.

16. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Panels? They have panels there? I thought it was just friends, the dealers room and the evening entertainment.

:shrugs:

Whenever you like, but Mrs. Sid must have her sushi, so sooner or later we'll be in the sarlacc pit (aka: sushi bar) snacking on tentacles.

Or something like that.

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    MUST.....HAVE....SUSHI.........:eek: :D

18. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Must....meet...with....SCFF!!! Food or no food...Hawkie will be there. :D (Just not too early..Hawkie likes her sleep too)

19. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    and Indian food too.

But not tonight, tonight it's Cio Bella!

Someday we HAVE to have a meeting there. It's too weird for words and the best Italian this side of the hill.

The wait staff sings, dances, and performs. The owner Tad has been known to sing "Unchained Melodies" while climbing on your table wearing a hockey mask.

It's unique to be sure.

And if you ask for more cheese, they will grate it fresh until you say stop. I mean it, they will just keep going and going and going. There is a pic of a guy with probably a pound of grated cheese...on his head...and the plate below is buried, no idea what he ordered, but it's now cheese.

Fun place, but make reservations, they are busy busy busy.

The place is easy to spot from Highway 9, just drive to Ben Lomand and find the most garish, over decorated, got-more-xmas-lights-year-'round-than-Santa's-Village-on-acid, and that's the place. The sign says, "YOU'LL LIKE THIS!!" and you will.

If you like good food and odd entertainment that is.

((Loves to do this to Master K, I can hear her drool hitting the keybord already, heh heh heh))

20. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Sorry we shoot...er, MEET the Jedi at dawn.

*smiles his most innocent smile the halo appearing briefly and then clatters to the ground*

Oh my, I'll have to fix this thing.

((juuuust kidding, we'll find you, don't worry))

21. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    No Baycon for me... :( I really want to go back, I have been to it a few times, but the work schedule will not allow it. But SDCC and Worldcon are in the house. Is anyone from here going to Westercon in San Diego? It seems kind of idiotic to me, to have Westercon like what, two weeks before SDCC? I'm afraid it will dilute WC's attendance, at least for out of towners. Oh well.

Hey Kim, heard you had a Mary & Cherie sighting a couple weeks ago!

Caryn B.
    The Parrot

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Yup saw them briefly at Dland (actually the Napa Rose)...but Nooooo Parrot! LOL

Not going to Westercon (like you can't believe they are having it two weeks before CC).. But will be at CC... Will be spending 99% of my time hanging out with Sunrider Base Rebel Legion..so look for our table and ASK. ;)

23. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Sid, you've been threatening/promising to take us there for YEARS.. so we have to do it. Ok..so the NEXT SCFF meeting, after BayCon..will be there...

At least you didn't have Indian tonight...as for me...Raw (just dough) Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix...does THAT tell you about today! [face_laugh]

24. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Bring yourselves up here and we'll go.

http://ciaobellabenlomond.com/

And if you want a giggle, call their answering machine during the day, it's long and very entertaining...

"Ciao and welcome to Ciao Bella answer line, if you are obsessive compulsive, press one repeatedly, if you are co-dependent ask someone to press two, if you have multiple personalities press two, three and four, if you are paranoid delusional we know who you are and where to find you just stay on the line so we can trace the call, if you are manic depressive it doesn't matter which number you press no one will answer, if you are schizophrenic then the little voices will tell which number to press..."

And so on. At the end you CAN actually leave a reservation request.

Orrrr during the con Menara is just a short drive/cab ride down first street...but if we do a group we'll need reservations.

http://www.menara41.com

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Did you actually decide on a meeting place/time for this? If the Hawk is gonna fly out there she doesn't want to be wandering the streets of Santa Cruz asking about wayward Jedi and a slightly eccentric Sith Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.