main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SCFF Meeting at BayCon

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hawkie's right, We do need to lock in a time on this.

Sat is set..

I'm thinking 11:00 or 12:00 noon. (usually NOT too much at that time)...

Soo lets get this locked in by this weekend so we can get it OFFICIALLY Posted.

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Sounds good, but uh, Tionne the convention is in San Jose, if you go to Santa Cruz you WILL be walking the streets not with us, but with a whole new crowd... summer tourists (AAAAAHHHH!!!) Of course the Santa Cruz locals may also be in costume or out of it... (hey Kim, do you remember the woman protester who had electrical tape x's across her... for a top? That must have left some interesting tan lines...)

Ahem.

Annnnnyway, here's the link to Baycon,

http://baycon.org/2006/index.php

And pity you can't make the venue Tionne, it's got a lot to offer. With the warmer weather I'm looking forward to the swim in movies again, maybe I'll get to see myself in I.M.P.S. again, woot! And Vir from Babylon 5, sweet. I'm going to get a "wave to Mr. Morden photo if I can".

Okay, so it's a just a walk on, or stand on as the case may be, but it's still COOOOL to be a part of a most excellent fan film dudes.

*does the Wayne and Garth "party on" sign*

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    San Jose...right...I knew that. O:)
    I'll probably still end up getting lost and have to call Master "This is why I hate flying" Kenobi.

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    You can call me anytime, Hawkie. LOL...also, I'm going more for 11:00. How does that work for everyone. (I need to get this up on the site and posted)...

So, 11:00 ok? (Also gives Kai and others who are in the masquarade time afterwards to get ready.

5. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I may call you anyways just for the heck of it. :)

11 works for me. :D

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Just a reminder, Kim, if this is a Fanforce meeting, you should submit it to one of the RSAs to put up on Fanforce since like a good CR is supposed to... [face_whistling]

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL THATS why I'm trying to get a time locked in.. as it stands now..if NOBODY complains by Friday evening...then my little ole RSA can put it up as Sat, May 27th @ 11:00 at BayCon (Doubletree Hotel) San Jose...at THE SUSHI BAR!!!!!

;) :D

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    We'll be there. BTW, Kamino is drying out, so you might want to change the banner....

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I just got my directions to the Doubletree...2 hour drive....but I'll do it. For you guys, I'll do it! Anyone know if there are toll bridges between Davis and SJ?

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    OK we're locked in for a meeting date and time. Look above at our Scrolling Banner for details. LOL [face_laugh]

11. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Two weeks... almost there... almost there...

And I hear Jack's going to be there too. But I've always wondered how that little hat stays on such a big head. That glazed fixed expression, insipid grin, the black pools for eyes...

*confused*

Oh, wait, we are talking about Jack-In-the-Box Jack, right?

Ahem.

*Church Lady Voice*

Oh, well, never mind.

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!![face_skull]

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Arrrr!?

Is it talk like a pirate day again? :p

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Nope, Intergalactic Jedi Frustration With Sidious Day!

Didn't you check the calendar? ;)

15. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Thought that was an ongoing event, actually.

*grin*

16. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    And if you have a B5 costume, bring it, I'll fill you in on why later, heh heh heh.

17. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Sushi ... ::does Homer Simpson drool::

18. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Might be able to make it -- Mary & Cherie are going to BC and other stuff in the Bay Area this weekend, and if I can work something out, I can ride with them. So at least they will be seeing you, and perhaps even THE PARROT. Will it happen? Or will it have to be Disneyland after all (I'll be SITTING in the 'meeting tree...' unless Security spots me first...!)? Or ComicCon? Or perhaps the earth will cleave in twain if we meet. It should be fun to see! Gonna try...

I'm all happy anyway, because I just saw a PoTC magazine layout and Mr. Cotton's Parrot was featured prominently. That's all I care about anyway...

Caryn Bardas
    The Parrot

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Awsome...we may actually MEET UP!!! *gasp!!* LOL

also, was it the People Mag layout...Capt Jack with Mr.Cotton's Parrot right next to him? If so, awsome pic!!!! (And congratulations for being predominately displayed in the picture! ;)

20. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm bringing my Garibaldi costume.

21. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Ha-haaa, Parrot denied AGAIN!

Mary & Cherie got an offer they couldn't refuse from people with a fabulous locale in Palm Springs, where I also may perch, so off we go...shorter drive (read:less gas $$$$$$), and we'll have a fantastic pool and hot tub (not shared with a hotel full of people...)

But Disneyland awaits, as does Comic Con!!!

Caryn B.
    The Parrot

22. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I ended up deciding to skip on Baycon. I was curious to see what it was like, but the ticket prices are a bit too high for me, for something like this.

However, I will definitely still try to make it to the meeting on Sat!

23. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    If you come for a day, come Saturday, it's one of the best and you get to see the costume contest.

*blinks*

Since when did I start rhyming?

24. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm really sorry that I missed the meeting. I tried to make it, I honestly did, but... well, I got lost. [face_blush] It's very sad, since I live here and all, which would lead one to think I wouldn't get lost, but... [face_plain] I had an unexpected tour of downtown San Jose, some other areas... I finally got to the hotel around 11:45. At that point I spent a while trying to find parking, but without sucess. I finally gave up a bit before noon.

I stopped by AAA on my way home, determined to get a map of San Jose for my car (I imagine maps help ever so much when you're having trouble getting somewhere), but keeping with the theme of my day... they're closed on weekends.

Anyway, I hope you all had a nice meeting, and have a great time at the con!

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I know I said this several times to Kim, but I was SO glad I made it to this event, even if just for the afternoon. I had so much fun hanging out with Kim and the other SCFFers and meeting Sid and the Mrs. You people are just as wonderful in person as you are online and I would be honored to attend many many more SCFF events.

I was actually surprised with how many people I saw at the con that I knew from the 501st. Tammy and Robert, it was awesome seeing you again!

Have fun at the rest of the con and post pics!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.