1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

Oceania Schapelle Corby: a conviction or an acquittal?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, May 23, 2005.

?

Schapelle Corby: a conviction or an acquittal?

Poll closed May 30, 2005.
She's more fried than Anakin. 21 vote(s) 100.0%
Nah, they'll let her go home. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    too quick are we to run to the defense of a lady in crime and not a man
  2. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    (You sure in your signature you don't mean mano, which is Spanish?)

You're totally wrong about this; the law is nice and clear and you're not. It has nothing to do with a lady or a man, it's justice - concept you're selectively familiar with.

E_S
  3. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    too quick are we to run to the defense of a lady in crime and not a man

Fair comment...the public's reaction would be a hell of a lot different if it was a male, espeicially a black male.
    But who am I to talk, I'd view it differently too.
    Unfair I guess.
  4. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    The media reaction would be different, true, but the legal outcome would probably be the same, as would the premise for both the prosecution and the defence. Public opinion, especially Australian public opinion, is irrelevant to the verdict that the judges gave.
  5. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    exactly Hawk. Too quick are we to jump on the media led bandwagon. We judge by their facts and not the ones presented in court

"mono" is correct in terms of the film that it is from
  6. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    ...Except you still think she's guilty until proven innocent, which isn't true.
  7. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well true not under our judical system but in the eyes of the Mixo yes
  8. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    well she was found guilt and now with the appeal they saying she will get life if found guilty again...which will prolly be the case...

the judge warned her not to appeal to higher courts otherwise if guilty it will be life..
  9. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    well true not under our judical system but in the eyes of the Mixo yes

Who cares? You've already admitted you speak without knowing the facts.

the judge warned her not to appeal to higher courts otherwise if guilty it will be life..

There's justive in action for you! Appeal against our "set an example and ignore most of the evidence" sentence, and we'll punish you further!

What a fantastic country that place is...
  10. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    There's justive in action for you! Appeal against our "set an example and ignore most of the evidence" sentence, and we'll punish you further!

well what do you expect, i mean the evidence was not in her favor...that is there laws and i mean she got 20 years and that was good concidering that they were going for a life sentence, when the defence team appealed the 20 years, so did the prosicution team asking for life, now that it will start all over again, if found guilty Life sentence it will be...

and i can only say that she will be found guilty...judging from the eveidence in the previous case
  11. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    So how is it right to appeal against a sentence, and if you lose the sentence is increased, rather than the appeal simply being refused?

Anyway, I'm fairly sure that's now how it works, and any increase in the sentence can only come from the prosecution's appeal.
  12. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i think we all speak here without really knowing the facts
  13. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    Schapelle in the observatory with the rope.
  14. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    what do we all think here is going to happen to the Bali 9?
  15. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    what do we all think here is going to happen to the Bali 9?

Well, god willing, they'll be executed.
    Good riddance to pathetic ****.
  16. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5

Speak for yourself, some of us prefer to read up some facts and not look like idiots.
  17. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4

yeah well i do so yeah
    just because you don't, you carn't assume that other people don't
  18. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I doubt it; perhaps the accent was an affecting factor. Mono isn't at all used in relation to people; it's used in relation to colour or sound palettes. That is, it's a prefix, not an adjective. Example; "monochrome", "monosyllabic".

Mano a mano means, "man to man".

(Note, you don't say it like Aussies say, for example, Jono or Dave-o, ie Man-o, you say, "mahno")

Mono to mono means, "A prefix meaning one, single or alone to another prefix meaning one, single or alone."

So, either you botched the quote or you're quoting a grammatically retarded infant. Neither or which is cool.

So, how, pray tell do you know all the facts? Could you please list every fact you know, including it's relevance to Indonesian criminal law?

Cheers!

E_S
  19. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    well i could but it will just take me a while...besides i was implying i know about the case what i have followed....sorry i i worded it the wrong way...

besides if you are caught with drugs = life in there country

so in fact corby was lucky to get 20 years
  20. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    yeah well i do so yeah

Yeah sure you do, there laddy.
  21. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Take your time. :)

E_S
  22. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    if you followed the case you would have a better understanding of there criminal system over there, one of the main things in there country is the death sentence to people that are caught with drugs. i heard somewhere that 60 odd people are going throught the asian court system because of the drugs and how they are smuggling then into there counties..

when that happens in australia people get away with it and are out of jail in 5 years or something like that...i think that is wrong for the fact that the drugs can kill humans..so there system has in right in the death sentence...it might be a tough penalty but it is worth it to better the nation and stop drugs
  23. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Look I'm somewha in agreeance with you. I couldn't care less about Corby, or any other people convicted of drugs smuggling.
    However, just because that's you opinion, does NOT mean you know all the facts.
    Pull ye ****ing head out.
  24. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    well all the facts that i have read accuse here of the crime, and she got punished....so yeah...that is enought facts for me and the facts for the bail court as well
  25. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    From your point of view.
    Dude, do you even realise a large majority of the media is bollocks?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.