main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Schedule Headache!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Panjin, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    The mistake I made in Denver was not organizing my schedule so I could see all the events I really wanted to see. I found myself wandering around while I could have been standing in line for something really cool. This time, I'm sitting down with the schedule, the map of the Convention Center and making copious notes so I'll know when I'm supposed to be where so I don't miss anything important!

But the schedule is impossible! In order to see the Welcoming Ceremony in Coruscant at noon on Friday, I'll miss Bob Salvatore over in Naboo at 12:30. I will totally miss the "Women Who Kick" because it's not over until Noon, and getting into the Welcoming Ceremony will be a problem.

On Sunday, Carrie Fisher will be in Coruscant at 11:45 but the Artoo parade starts at noon.

Argh! Anyone else developing this headache?

I would advise you to check out the schedule and organize your time so you don't end up missing really good stuff!

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's all just a giant puzzle. All you have to do is figure out which pieces make up the borders (i.e. - the stuff you cannot miss) and the rest is easy. Sure, you might miss the Salvatore panel on Friday, but what about the one he's in on Saturday? Remember no one can do everything. And why not duck out of the Women who kick panel early? That's my plan.

3. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I haven't even begun to organize a list. I have 3 or 4 different schedules printed out (the official site's daily listings, Sebulba-X's detailed list of events, etc), and they're just a huge mess. I'm going to have to pour over each one, and assemble my list of things I can't miss...

4. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Where did you get a map of the convention center?

5. Panjin

Apr 17, 2002
    Diagrams of the Convention Center can be found at:

http://www.iccrd.com/conv/diagrams_facilty.html

The exhibit halls have been given planet names, you can figure them out using the schedule and the diagrams.

6. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    So much to do, so little time.

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Panjin, thanks for the maps. Does anybody know the room numbers of the White River Ballroom? That was the only room I couldn't find.

Never mind, I found both that and Waldo on the maps.

8. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    For me, the hard choice is Saturday night: the concert or the screenings of Empire and Jedi?

Yeah, I have to make concessions too. And I hope they don't sweep the room following the Welcome, because I want to stay for Rick and Hayden right after. I especially want to see the reaction to Rick if Episode II tickets do go on sale that day. [face_devil]

9. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    woah there- the concert is conflicting with the movies?? Thats horrible! what time, and where, are both of them, do you know?

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I've got a fantastic Excel spreadsheet schedule sent in to me by Thistledown...I will get this up and online for everyone to download, but it won't be until I stop into work on Sunday (can't upload files from here). He's done a lot of great work with it, so it should help with planning the events you want to see.

11. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    DonC has made the best point. Most of the people there are going to appear at least twice if not more so it's just deciding what time you want to see them at. And also just because you miss them on stage doesn't mean you won't see them at the Fan Force party or in the autograph room. Speaking of which does anyone else think that four or five people "speaking" for just an hour is a little much? You will probably hardly hear them answer more then one or two questions each.

12. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    What are these so called seminars like?

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The Q & A panels are just that, question and answer discussions. You ask a question to a celebrity and he/she answers. Sometimes they can be interesting (Dave Prowse has some good Sir Alec Guiness stories, Phil Brown has a great story about being blacklisted in Hollywood), however I don't know how much info the Ep. II actors can give out. I've never been to a Star Wars seminar, unless you mean panel discussions, so I don't know what that would be like.

14. Panjin

Apr 17, 2002
    The seminars aren't just "panel discussions," they're presentations that will not be boring, I assure you! There will be a "making of" video I'm sure, as well as other special videos (in Denver, we saw Duel of the Fates).

The people who speak usually talk about their background, their part in the movie and stories about the filming, then they open the floor to questions. That hour will fly by and you'll wish it was longer!

I urge everyone to check out the ones in Coruscant (Sagamore Ballroom), Anthony Daniels is a total kick as an MC! His show was the absolute best in Denver, what a character!

Keep in mind some presentations are only given once while others are repeated. Schedule your time carefully or miss out!

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I didn't know they will have video's, that is so cool. I agree, they will not be boring. They never are.

16. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    I look forward to that spreadsheet, bucko!

17. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Ditto that! I don't even know where you guys got any of the scheduling info. All I saw on the website was this bogus list just showing the hours things would be open, not listing any of the specific events.

18. JediRainer

JediRainer Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    jedigal: The official site, starwars.com, has schedules posted for all three days. Have fun prioritizing which events you want to attend!

19. MattPeriolat

Aug 16, 2001
    Ok, here's the conflict:

8:30 PM
    Star Wars 25th Anniversary Concert
    (Separate admission; ticket required)
    Philharmonic Orchestra of Indianapolis
    Jackson Wiley and Orcenith Smith, conducting
    Circle City Chorus
    Tony Exler, directing

7:00 -- 11:30 PM
    The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi
    Watch the Star Wars films with your fellow fans, at the best Star Wars gathering ever.
    Host- Luke Sienkowski

How do you pick? I really want to see the concert but I have never seen Empire in the theaters, plus it may be a very LONG time before the OT is released back in the theaters.

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    What does your heart tell you?

21. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Where's the spreadsheet? And does it include everything? The concert and all outside events, too...?? These schedules are killing me...

22. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Ask and you shall recieve....in another thread though. ;)

Oh, the movie isn't in a theater, it's a room in the convention center...sure it's widescreen and what not, but I can't stree enough that the concert is the thing to go to if you can.

23. MattPeriolat

Aug 16, 2001
    I agree the concert will rock and is a must do, but when are we gonna have the movies screened in a large setting like this again?

24. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    What's the "Women Who Kick" panel?
    Some kinda karate demonstration? [face_plain]

25. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Actresses whose characters have action sceens, mostly in books and comics. And the lady who played Oola, the Scooby Snack the rancor ate before Luke showed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.