School Days - A 1st JA fan-fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan, Jun 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! That makes for a pretty messy situtation with the Agents and the Jedi. Do I sense problems a-rising? (Say I'm right!) ^_^

Post soon please!
  2. Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling

star 3
    DUH-DUH-DUH-DUM...and now...On with the story!!! This is getting WAY too good!
  3. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling

star 3
  5. Jedi Susie Jedi Master

star 4
    uppy uppy uppy with you!
  6. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
  8. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Obi-Wan's eyes got big. So that was it. "I'm going to find her."

"I was hoping you would say that." Liven sounded relieved. "Now get out of there and go find my Padawan. I don't want her to be alone."

Obi-Wan smiled. "Yes, sir."

He jumped out of the closet and, making sure not to wake his roommate, snuck out of the door.

"Alright, Master Matthias. I'm going to have to turn off my comlink now. I might wake other students. Tell my Master good night for me!"

Obi-Wan was about to turn his comlink off when it came alive again. "Obi-Wan, I understand you are in a hurry, however I must insist you put some pants on before you go searching for her."

Obi-Wan looked down and realized he was standing in his underwear. "Um, yeah. Thanks." How in the world did he know that? Obi-Wan thought. Do I really want to know?

After taking a few minutes to slip into jeans and a t-shirt, Obi-Wan set off to find Keni. He probed the force for her. Nothing. One thing about Keni, her mental shields were superb. He tried a mental call.

//Keni! Where are you?//

After getting no reponse, he tried again.

//Keni! Your Master is worried and so am I! Don't ignore me. Please.//

After a few moments that seemed like an eternity, he got a response.

//Obi-Wan, I'm fine. Tell my Master that. I'll contact him in the morning.//

//No. Your Master told me about your brother. And the agents.//

//Come on. I know your still there.//

//I don't want to talk about it, all right? So give my Master my message and I'll see you in the morning.//

//No. I'm worried.//

//Well don't be.//

He tried again and again to reach her, but got no response. He pulled out his comlink. He dreaded this. "Master Liven?"

"He's asleep, Padawan."

"Master, I can't find her."

"All right."

Through their link, he felt his Master gather the force. He sent it to him in a wave. Obi-Wan understood. He gathered as much Force enegy as he could and combined it with his Master's. Then together, they sent it out, and easily broke through the mental shields Keni had set up.

He pinpointed her location. "The garden. Thank you Master."

He clicked off his comlink and ran to find his friend.

9. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
  10. Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes. We must have MORE!
  11. Jaya Solo Jedi Knight

star 5
  12. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm so scared that you will see
    all the weakness inside of me.
    I'm so scared of letting go,
    'cause the pain I feel might show.

-Last Flight Out, by Plus One

Obi-Wan Kenobi ran to the lone shadow beside the pomigranent tree. "Keni, don't run off again, please." He touched her arm. She jerked away.

"I told you I'd see you in the morning." Keni said, avoiding eye contact with him.

"And I told you no."

Keni sighed and threw a rock into a clump of trees.

"Good arm. Where did you learn to throw like that?"

A flicker of a smile crossed the young Jedi's face. "My brother. We went to a park on..." Keni bit her lip to hold back the tears in her eyes.

Obi-Wan took a seat beside her. "It's okay to cry, you know."

"And this is coming from the guy who still calls out to his Master when he has a bad dream. You can be such a wuss."

The words pierced Obi-Wan's heart like a spear. She certainly had a way with words. An uncomfortable silence stretched between them.

"I'm sorry, Obi-Wan."

He looked up, still angry, only to have his heart softened by the tears streaming down Keni's cheeks.

"It was a stupid comment. I didn't mean it. You're a good friend, but this is personal. I need to deal with it by myself."

Keni got up. Obi-Wan followed. He grabbed both of her arms. "I wouldn't be much of a friend if I let you leave like this." He reached up and wiped a tear from Keni's eye.

She resisted and tried to pull away. "Let me go, Kenobi."

He shook his head and held her arms tighter. "No." he said firmly. "Not until I know that you're all right."

Sorry that was so short.

13. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
  14. Jaya Solo Jedi Knight

star 5
  15. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thank you sooooo much Liz and Jaya!

Keni's gaze was stone cold. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Well I d..."

Keni's blue-green eyes got wide and she held up a hand to silence him. After a moment, she looked at him. "Did you hear that?" she whispered.

"Hear what?"

A slight rustle in the bushes twenty yards away from him made Obi-Wan jump. His hand drifted to where his lightsaber usually hung. It wasn't there. Nearly panicking, he checked his pockets. Nothing.

"I left my lightsaber in my room."

Keni nodded. "Then you stay here. I'm going to go check it out."

"You can't go alone!" Obi-Wan exclaimed, a little too loudly.

"Shhh. They're going to hear you. If I'm not back in five minutes, come after me."

"Keni, we don't know whats out there."

"Exactly. It could be another kidnapping. Thats what were here to prevent, remember? Now get in the tall grass over there."

Obi-Wan didn't like it. He didn't like it at all. Slowly, the instinctive feeling he was so used to crept up on him. He had a bad feeling about this. She shouldn't be out there alone. He had learned to trust his instincts. So instead of sneaking to the tall grass, and Kendrina had instructed him, he crept along behind her.

Whoever was in the grass wasn't trying to be too careful. He or she obviously wasn't expecting visitors. Obi-Wan stayed far enough back from Keni so he would be undetectable, and so he could be close enough to her if something was to go wrong.

Keni snuck carefully through the trees, trying to move with as much grace as possible. Tree branches were constantly in her face, and brushing them away without making any noise was becoming nearly impossible as she traveled farther into the garden.

"I don't like this."

Keni stopped in her tracks.

"We got a confirmation from Nightcrawler today, the Senate has sent a Jedi team here."

"A team?"

"At least. There may be more."

"Students or teachers?"

"What about their Masters?"

"Nightcrawler wasn't sure."

A sigh. "Nightcrawler is a very reliable source."

"The best."

"Tomorrow at the same time?"

"I'll be here."

Keni jumped as the bushes behind her parted. Oh no. I've been...Obi-Wan?

"What are you doing here?" she whispered.

"I followed you."

"I can see that. Did you hear that conversation?"

"Most of it."

"You follow guy number one. I'll get the other one."

"All right."

Keni took off after the guy that had been talking about Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler. So these yahoos had a source inside. Keni wished they knew more about Nightcrawler. It was something else to investigate. Was Nightcrawler in the school, as they were? Or was Nightcrawler an outsider?

Whoever she was following was heading back to the school. Good. Keni dared to move faster to see if it was possible to get a glimpse of the figure. She got a glimpse just before the figure went indoors. Six foot tall, at least. Short dark hair. Keni sighed. Hopefully the meeting the next night would make things a bit clearer.

Keni headed back to the gardens, wondering how Obi-Wan had fared. And cringing at the thought that she had left him unarmed. Keni started to run.
  16. Jane Jinn Jedi Knight

star 5
    Uh-oh, Obi-Wan is out there without a light saber. Perfect chance for the Enemy to kidnap him! Yeah! Obi-Torture!

*looks around and smiles selfconsciously*

"Um, hi, people! Just trying to convey my enthusiasm for this story."
  17. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Funny Jane, I thought it was enthusiasm for the possibility of Obi-torture, silly me.

I hope at least Obi and Keni have commlinks with them.

Super post Jedi Obi-Wan!!!
  18. I love Sci Fi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Jedi Obi-Wan have you ever seen Scarecrow and Mrs. King?
  19. Jedi Susie Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I "really hope Obi doesn't get into trouble" (joking!)

Can't wait for more!!
  20. Mekial Jedi Master

star 1
  21. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    LOL Sci-fi! I was wondering if anyone would catch on to that Nightcrawler bit.

Obi-Wan crept along, staying just barely behind the man he was following. He was heading off of the school land. He was an outsider. He had been following for only a few minutes, but the man moved fast.

They went deeper into the garden, which had turned into a forest, and Obi-Wan wasn't even sure if they were still on school property. As time passed and the distance he had traveled increased, he wished feverently that he had his lightsaber with him.

Obi-Wan crept through the trees, and the man stopped. Obi-Wan checked his surroundings. They were still deep in the forest, as far as he could tell. There was no reason to stop. Immediatly his sense of caution rose.

He tuned himself to the force. He bit his lip. He had been spotted. He was sure of it. He not only felt the presence of the one he had followed. There were more. And he was surrounded.

He had walked directly into a trap. He needed to get out of there and fast. There were a dozen of them, at least. It would be a lot to handle even if he had his lightsaber. There was no way he could get out alive on his own.

He hoped the mental call to his partner would alert her to his position.

"We know you are here. We know you followed me. And if you want to live, you will show your face."

Obi-Wan got the feeling they wouldn't let him live even if he did show his face, so he stayed where he was.

"I will give you one last chance to make your presence. If you refuse to take it, we will fire upon you."

//Hurry Keni!//

At first there was little blaster fire. And they missed him completly. Either they were trying to scare him, or they didn't know where he was. If it was the latter, he could use it to his advantage.

Ping, ping, ping.

The number of blaster bolts was growing. They wre getting nearer to him. They were working their way across the area they had surrounded. Obi-Wan watched and fought to keep still as the red strips of blaster fire grew nearer to him.

At first only one or two bolts came close enough to hit him, and he was able to move out of their paths with out causing to much disturbance. But he wouldn't be able to keep out of their way much longer.

Dodging bolt after bolt, Obi-Wan was constantly moving. He was trying to avoid the blaster fire without too much movement. If they found him, he would be a dead man.
    Obi-Wan lifted his leg slightly and a blaster bolt moved under it. He turned to the side to keep a blaster bolt from hitting his head. Obi-Wan moved his head to get out of the way of another blaster bolt, but not in time.

He let out an involuntary yelp as the bolt grazed his ear. It was all they needed. Immediatly, blaster fire came at him from all sides. He tried to avoid it, but it was in vain. They knew where he was now.

Obi-Wan continued to dodge blaster fire, but he couldn't hold out for long. Blaster fire hit his foot, and he went down. He couldn't get up. Knowing there was nothing else he could do to help himself, Obi-Wan lay there and waited for a fatal hit.

Countdown to Obi-torture. 2 posts to go. :)

22. Jane Jinn Jedi Knight

star 5
    An-ti-ci-pa-a-tion is makin' me wait!

I loved it! Not only does Obi-Wan not have his light saber, but he gets lured into a trap. I liked the way he managed to dodge the blaster fire for so long, but then got hit in the end anyway and was only able to lay there and wait for the fatal hit. But if Obi-Torture is coming up, that means the blasters are set for stun, or else the people stop firing on him. Let us know soon!
  23. Eryce Jedi Master

star 2
    Obi torture! Obi torture!

*grabs a chair and settles down*

Well then, what are you waiting for? Post POst!
  24. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Great build-up of tension Jedi Obi-Wan! I hope Keni comes in the nick of time. If she's captured along with him there's that more potential for angst on Obi-s part.

*Looks up at the replies before her*

"Boy, we sure are a sadistic bunch, aren't we?"

*laughs appreciatively*
  25. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    LOL! You guys crack me up!

//Hurry Keni!//

Kendrina Jonesse ran harder.

I can't believe I left him! What an idiot! And now he's trapped. Hold on, Obi-Wan! I'm coming. Don't give up. Please don't give up.

Sweat was pouring down her face, and she was tempted to slow so she would have some energy left to face whatever was trying to kill Obi-Wan. She didn't. She wouldn't.

Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run.

Keni could hear blaster fire now. Hold on. I'm coming. Don't give up! She came within ten yards of the place, and reached down to unhook her lightsaber. She was about to leap when she saw Obi-Wan fall.

She leaped and somersaulted in the air and ignited her lightsaber. She nearly landed on top of Obi-Wan. She deflected bolt after bolt of blaster fire with energy she was sure she didn't have.

Duck. Move. Deflect. Duck. Move. Deflect.

It was this pattern that kept the blaster fire from hitting Keni or Obi-Wan. He was alive, and didn't seem to be too badly injured.

"Keni!" he called.

"Not now."

"Watch out!"

"Shut up!"

Suddenly she was able to feel why he had told her to watch out. Someone was trying to get behind her. Keni did a back flip and took the man completely by surprise, delivering a disabling, but not fatal blow. She did another flip and landed where she had been standing before.

"Impressive." Obi-Wan said.

"You better believe it."

"You left me without a lightsaber." Obi-Wan sounded irritated.

"Now is hardly the time to be discussing this." Keni said, blocking a few bolts that came toward Obi-Wan.

Keni blocked bolt after bolt, but was growing weary. She had been fighting for awhile. Her lungs burned, and she was drenched it sweat. She had to turn this around. She had to take the offensive.

Keni devised a new strategy. She would aim the blaster fire back at them, hitting an arm or a leg, but not landing a killing blow.

She could here moans as her plan started to work. The blaster fire was becoming less frequent. Keni could see the end was near.

But what she did not see was what could kill her. What she did not see was what her partner did.

Obi-Wan waited. But nothing happened. No killing blow. He heard the familiar hum of a lightsaber. Thank you Keni!

Obi-Wan watched as she deflected the bolts aimed her way and his. There were a few near hits, too close for comfort, but so far she had been doing a good job getting them all. She was not, however, go good at watching her back.

She gave her a warning, and was irritated be being told to shut up. Then she had seen, or maybe sensed, what he had been trying to tell her.

He commented on her performance, and her response had been almost laughable. Keni was still able to sarcastic, even in the worst situations.

He was a little angry that she had left him alone, but was glad she had shown up before he had been fried. Obi-Wan watched her deflect bolts, and watched the men who were firing them. He couldn't see much, just outlines. He scanned a few men. Most had one or two blasters. One was holding a ball looking thing. The next was holding two blasters. The next was wounded.

The force suddenly got his attention. Ball looking thing? His gaze quickly traveled back to the man, just in time to see him pull the pin out of the

He dove for Keni, forced her down, and protected her body with his. The last thing he remembered was being engulfed in flames.

Countdown to Obi-torture. 1 more post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.