main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit School in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I never watched the episodes of the Clone Wars with the Mandalorian school and I don't recall anything from the Servants of the Empire series featuring them; but what did students use in class to read from and study? Digital textbooks or just a computer and data pad?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    They seem to use computers.

Lucas family said paper didn't exist in SW as a design choice in ANH and ESB.

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Well there is the imperial academy. Also I believe the Jedi did study more mundane subjects such as math and science in both the NJO and OJO in Legends.

I imagine for non force sensitives school was a varied thing-Chiss schools would have ridiculously high standards that make the toughest school in RL look laid back. On Coruscant wealthy senators would probably send their students to elite private schools.

There are colleges in Star Wars. There was a famous archaeologist-Corellia Antilles I imagine with all of her research on pre-republic stuff she had to do internships and field studies.

It's not a focused on subject in the EU but schooling does exist.

4. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    in the old EU there were things called flimsiplasts. So, paper equivalent?

What about primary schools? Aged 6 to 11?

We haven't seen those in either Legend or Disney. Maybe all children are home schooled?

5. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    2:33 minute of this clip is Mandalorian school.

{oml Ahsoka looks like she thought it was a strip danse school}.

6. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    From Legends: in The Lost City of the Jedi, the second book of the Jedi Prince series, Ken uses a 'computer notebook' to write essays, take quizzes, and organize his assignments. He also has a Homework Correction Droid that grades his assignments and a caretaker droid that acts as his tutor:

Nom von Anor and Daneira like this.