main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

School Is O SO FUN

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Why hello all of my FMFF friends. Well while you are all at home, working on you cool costumes, watching television, playing video games, and drinking those wonderful brewed beverages.

I am sitting in a classroom. The class I am sitting in at this moment is Software Development Life Cycle.
    Now at this moment the really boring teacher is asking us to come up with a buisness plan for a fake buisness. With this fake buisness we must make up a fake project that we are making for the fake buisness.

While making all these fake things up.

We need to plan something fake
    We need to analize something fake
    We need to design something fake
    We need to implement something fake
    We need to support something fake

We than must put all of this fake stuff into a binder on paper.

Oh yea spelling an gramer does not coun't.

----------------------------------------------------

Question to all, I have been in scholl for 2 1/2 years now. No long breaks, I go almost everyday in a year except for weekends. So Monday-Friday 6-10 at night. This for 2 1/2 years. I go year round no summer or winter break. One week off before each term.

----------------------------------------------------

My question to all is, what should I do when I graduate in a year and a half? I will have so much spare time. I need to start making a list.

Second what is it like to a real life?

Third what should I do for my fake project?

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Correction: In the world of business, it's not fake...

...it's VIRTUAL...

3. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    And in theory, once you graduate, you will begin applying all of the hard-earned knowledge, so your "free time" will actually diminish to being less than it was when you were a student...

Reality sux. I avoid it at all costs.

4. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    I concur. Reality sucks.

The development cycle, while seeming like a complete waste of time because it's nothing but plain ol' common sense, will only give you AN INTENSE HATRED of anyone who programs without knowing what they're doing...simply because your job will be to go back and correct their mistakes. I could go on for hours about this, and about the many times I've had to be physically restrained before hitting someone who dims all their variables "varA"..."varB"..."varC"...etc...in a production environment.

But I digress...

Don't worry about filling up your spare time -- if you stick around long enough, you'll start building props/costumes/alternate methods of contacting the Great Old Ones and then you'll wonder where all your free time went. :D

5. tman

tman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    "and about the many times I've had to be physically restrained before hitting someone who dims all their variables "varA"..."varB"..."varC"...etc...in a production environment."

LOL...come on varA and varB make perfect sense! I hate the people who think it?s a good thing to write as much functionality in one line of code. When it would make a LOT more sense and a LOT more maintainable in several lines of code....

Don't get me started ;)

6. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Let me tell you a little story that my father told me. He was soon to graduate from college and he had gone and picked up his cap and gown. As he was walking down the street with the cap and gown a man he knew was passing by and stopped to chat about his impending graduation. The man ended the conversation by telling my dad that he was at the end of all his troubles. This really excited my father who said "Really? The end of all my troubles?"
    the man replied "Yup......

The front end."

7. tman

tman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    LOL....thats a good one.....hehehe

8. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    ROFL.

True dat, y0.

9. Sith_Slayer