main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada School . . .

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by KitFist0, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I started :_| my courses are great :D When do you start ? What program are you in (if in cegep or university or college) ? Where are you going to school ? :)

2. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    School, for me, starts in one week, on the 3rd. i go to Morrision Junior High. i'll be in grade 9.

3. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    No more classes for me. Only specs classes for my CCNA at the ETS in Mtl

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm attending university in 2003, so I start in a year. My courses will be cool too. :) History (Major), Geography, Political Science, Chemistry, English, and German.

5. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I'll be doin my student teachin out on Grand Manan, New Brunswick for the fall semester, teaching the middle school at the Christian school there...

6. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I am a Senior at Northern Kentucky Univerisity. I graduate with my bachelors degree(4-year degree) December 2003. I am in the Business college over there majoring in Finance. Yes I want to work for corporations, but no I am not dishonest "Enron" material!

I take mostly computation and decision making courses but I am also have started my third year of french.

Admiral: History major? Pretty impressive! Do you speak any German yet or you are going to start learning?

Kit what classes are you taking?

7. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    French, English, Philosophie/Knowledge (Darwin's Tea Party), Music History, Film History, Film Genre and Film and Culture.

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    LL: I was born and raised in Germany, so I already speak some German, but I'm nowhere near fluent becuase I moved away when I was 7 and havn't been back since. I'm 18 now. My family speaks English at home. I'm taking German to develop my knowledge of the language to the point where I can teach it in high school.

____" AT60 "____

9. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I've only got two classes this semester: Radio, and TV/Radio Documentary.

10. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Film, t.v., all those sorts of classes! We have some real media buffs here!!
    Any of you make your own fan film for Star Wars?

Admiral I think teaching is a good proffesion, but why do you only want to teach high school, why not higher with your brain? Here some german...Guten Tag! :)

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    High school is the first step. If I want to go farther, and I can afford it, then I may go for my PhD and become a professor somewhere down the line. But in the meantime, I'm just working on a BA then a BE.

12. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Tu parles francais vraiment bien?

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Ouias, mais je veux enseigner l'allemand. Qui ne parle pas l'francais dans la Canada? Je connais mon francais est ne tres bien pas, mais je connais c'est comme ci comme ca.

Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Anders als "Guten Tag".

English translation for those who need it:

Yeah, but I want to teach German. Who doesn't speak Frenhc in Canada? I know my French isn't great, but I know it's decent.

Do you speak German? More than "Good day".

14. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Il y a personnes dans Canada que ne parle pas francais. Le majorite peut parler francais, c'est vrai?

Translation: There are people in Canada that don't speak french. Is it true the majority really do speak french?
    (I thought it was only Quebec.)

Unfortunatly I know very little German. Of course I was born in the U.S. but my maiden name was Lentz. My ancestry traces back to being about 75% German. The rest of my ancestry is french(25%). I can speak french and english, in the future I would like to learn spanish and german! You'll have to give some tips! :)

15. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    'ch parl québecquois, osti :cool:

16. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    French and English are the two official languages of Canada. Quebec is the primary French area, but most Canadians can speak at least some French. I've never lived a day of my life in Quebec, but I took several years of French classes in school.

What a surprise! I'm also 75% German and 25% French. My grandmother grew up in France and married a German. They had a daughter, my mother, who married a German, my dad. They had me, and we moved to Canada in 1991, mostly due to the economic recession that Unity brought about. Also, a lot of my family had already come over.

My 11 year anniversary of me becoming a Canadian is coming up very soon. :)

____" AT60 "____

17. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    That is cool, we have the same ancestry...hey I guess that explains the stubborness of our types... ;)

You really love Canada! Have you been to Europe at all in the last few years? That goes for anyone here on the boards, has anyone been to Europe in the past few years?

18. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Yes, I do really love Canada. I'm only 18, so most of my memories are post-1991. Sadly, I never returned. I do plan to though, in the future. I feel very strongly about that. As much as I love Canada, after all these years, Germany just... it's hard to describe, but it just feels like home. I've considered moving back, but my life is here now. I'm definately going to visit though at the soonest practical time. With my luck, that'll be when I'm 65.

____" AT60 "____

19. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Of course Germany feels like home to you. I have been to France, England and Spain but I really would like to see Germany myself someday! I am sure you will see it before your 65, :)

20. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Yeah. During early retirement at 55. :p ;)

____" AT60 "____

21. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Maybe retire at 40?? That would be the life... ;)

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Teachers don't make *that* much. :p

____" AT60 "____

23. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Yeah you are right, they don't. However Prof. in general make a pretty good living. It just depends what level you teach on.

Speaking of schools has anyone been to Laval University in Quebec? I thought that it was a nice school when I saw it.

24. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    True. But you need a PhD to be a professor, and that takes 8 years. 9 if you go for your BE to teach high school first, which is another year.

____" AT60 "____

25. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I know you need a PhD to be a professor but it would be worth it in the long run with all those brains!!

Speaking of school is it true in Canada you get to go to college the first two years for free?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.