Canada School . . .

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by KitFist0, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thats only in Québec: 6 years of elementary school, 5 of high school and 2 years of college/cégep for a pre-u program and 3 for career; then univercity. In Ontario it was 6 of elementary, 7 of high school but they are passing out grade 13 so it will 6/6. ;)
  2. SithLordMara Jedi Master

star 4
    if any of you are in college, you should check out the star wars collegates...

lee started that one...

but i'm in college...keene state college. i dont mind my classes, but i love the freedoms of the dorms...hehehe parties
  3. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    I still live with my parents butI can do pretty much whatever I want :D Where is this Star Wars Collegates ?
  4. SithLordMara Jedi Master

star 4
    i'll try to find it...look for the for it in a few minutes
  5. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Free university? I wish.

Australia has free university, and Germany has the first year free. Citizens only, of course. I qualify for the latter, and believe me... I've considered it. But I've decided that in the long run, I'm better off just staying here.

____" AT60 "____ plans to attend Western.
  6. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhhh Quebec! Thanks Kit...I knew it was some part of Canada offering free college(first two years). :)

Admiral when do you plan to attend Western?

7. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry it's not free, but very cheap. It cost me 98$ this session ;)
  8. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I'm attending Western next september.

____" AT60 "____, the soon to be university student
  9. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_shocked] $98 dollars?? That's it??
    That is awesome! Want to trade schools?
    8-}

Ah yes University life is very good!
  10. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    CEGEP is a bit like an extended highschool, a lot of people go to university after CEGEP though and do the same 4 years years (or more) that nonQuebec residents do. In Quebec, the government subsidizes university for Quebec residents so it's a lot cheaper. I'm paying over $5000/year (which is still probably cheaper than the U.S.) which seems like a lot to me.

In further answer to your question, Lady_Lucas, in Ontario (and I'm sure the rest of the country too) it's required to take french through elementary and then do one highschool course. So though many people outside of Quebec don't speak it fluently, most people have a little background in it.
  11. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that is great that it is required to learn french. I wish the US would require foriegn language studies but they don't.That's really a shame!

I'm paying over $5000/year
    You are right there are lot of Universities more expensive than that here in the US! I have to pay for my own tuition so I chose a nice University that is relativly inexpensive compared to the average University cost. I pay about 2,300 a year at NKU. When I was at the University of Cincinnati getting my Associates degree(2 year university degree) I paid, more than 3,500 a year. I prefer NKU, its cheaper and the proffesors are alot nicer! And I only have a little over a year to go for my BS!!! wooo hooo! :)
  12. Star5248z Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish!!!! please tell me where!!!! sorry for sarcasim!!! I just took out my first of a couple years worth of student loans :_| I'm taking a BA in Business admin. and hopefully a youth leadership certificate.
  13. Darthina_Christine Jedi Master

star 4
    heh I still go to grade school :p but I don't have to pay anything :)

-- regarding Canadians and French:
    I live in Canada and I don't speak french :) in fact I don't really like it much 'cuz of the teacher I had in grade 7 for french *shudder*

I can speak a little tiny bit lit of German... I'm actually taking German next semester (I'm in highschool) and I go to german conversation club! (its great fun :) )

Anyways I wish all of you university students good luck ( I think university is like REALLY hard.... or thats my impression from my sister anyways...)

Tchuß and Gute Nacht (hey its night here! :) )
    ~Christine
  14. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    hey does anyone know anything about York..i believe it's in Toronto. They sent me stuff, i've considered going there for film once i'm done with music Education...i still have a year before university though. if anyone could tell me anything though please do.
  15. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know too much about the York film programme. Have you checked on their website?
    I remember checking it out a few months ago and it had a fair amount of information on how the course is run and such, I don't remember to much about it, but that's a good starting point.

16. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Stina-Cri: Adam-the-Indifferent and I live right beside York, actually most of my highschool went there. It's a pretty big campus, lots of stuff to do. It's known as a good school. I don't know anyone in the film program there, but if you want I can pass on your email to some friends who are there in arts and business and they can give you their impressions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.