Niagara, ON Sci-Fi Author in Fonthill this Tuesday (Sept 27th)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Granite, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granite Jedi Padawan

Hey All...

I hope everyone had fun at the Grape and Wine festival. Anyways... my ride to St. Catherines this weekend is a librarian at the Pelham library in Fonthill and was telling me that the author Robert J. Sawyer is going to be there this Tuesday at 7:30.

I'm not sure if anyone here is a fan of his work or is interested in seeing / meeting a sci-fi author but I thought someone here might be interested. For more information check out the pdf poster availible through http://pelhamlibrary.on.ca/adults.php .

Have fun!
  2. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Sorry, I have to laugh about that for personal reasons. Some people here will know why.

For everyone else, Bob is a great guy. Has a lot of interesting opinions and viewpoints.
  3. Sabia_Ronit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the info Granite! I'll be sure to pass it along!
  4. jadepadawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Definately go!

He is a TERRIFIC author and is happy to talk to fans. I had the pleasure to talk to him briefly and get an autograph after listening to a book reading by him at T Trek this year.
  5. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He'll also be at Astronomicon in Rochester, NY. This year it's on Nov 11th-13th.

~Doc_Bev
  6. Granite Jedi Padawan

You're not gonna share with us at least the punchline? Way to keep people hanging... ;)
  7. jadepadawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    John knows him somehow, but I forgot how. Something to do with the Silver Snail.
  8. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope.

Actually back in the mid to late 80's, Bob Sawyer and I hung around with mutual friends, so I usually met him a few times a year at house parties. So it took me by surprise when I saw him as a published author years later.

So the reason why I tend to laugh, is seeing people react to Robert J Sawyer the author, when I just think of as Bob Sawyer, the guy that used to come out to Lloyd and Yvonne's parties.
  9. Granite Jedi Padawan

that's cool....

Did anybody end up going? Apparently about 30 people showed up for which the author was apparently quite happy with. My librarian friend was wondering if anybody had suggestions to get more people out to these things.
  10. Sabia_Ronit Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd suggest holding them on weekends....I know a few people who would have gone had it not been a Tuesday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.