main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Sci Fi Concert - June 28-29th - Ft. Worth Botanic Gardens

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Willie_Scott, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willie_Scott

Willie_Scott Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Just wanted everyone to know about this event. The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra will be playing songs from Star Wars, E.T., Apollo 13 and other movies.

I went to "Concert in the Gardens" last year and had a blast! :D They have a great fireworks show following every concert. You can stroll around the gardens before the concert and you can bring alcoholic beverages :D .

Here's the link:

http://www.fortworthsymphony.com/fwso0203/citg/concerts.html

2. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Sounds like possibly a great event for us to make of it. Good find Willie! Is there enough interest from other folks to plan it as such? I would love to do it.

You say fireworks? I didn't see anything listed about having them, but it is the week before the 4th.

Ok, so the dates to choose from are Friday and Saturday, June 28 and 29. I want to know who is interested (really committed) in making this an event and which of those two dates is better for you.

3. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I think Friday 28th will be the best day since most of us will be at the RPG Saturday evening. I vote we go.

:cool:

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Finally, a chance to visit the Botanical Gardens! Heard about 'em for years, never had a good opportunity to go...until now.

Sounds like a fun, relaxing event. Thanks for the heads-up, Willie! :D

5. Willie_Scott

May 17, 2002
    I'm going the 28th. I wouldn't miss it for anything. Had an absoloute blast last year. You can order food and fancy cheese plates that they'll have it ready for you to pick up when you get there. It was really good last year!!

Use the link I provided - at the top of the page there's a green box and an orange link that says "click here". You'll get all the info you need on the concerts there. Under that it says :D "This year, all concerts will be followed by fireworks!"

I've asked some friends I haven't seen in awhile to go to the concert. If they can't make it, hopefully you guys will share a corner of your Star Wars blanket with me? :) Does anyone have a Star Wars blanket or sleeping bag? That would be too cool! haha. :D

6. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    *Cautiously raises his hand*

Umm, I have two Star Wars blankets, a Darth Maul pillow, and a sleeping bag (ESB i think).

I think I'll go stand in the lonely geek corner now....... :(

7. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    So Friday it is?? Then let's make an event of it! So far we have Willie and her friends, Jeff, Brian, myself... if we reach 20 we get a group discount! :D Seriously, we can get the tickets for only $12 instead of $15 if we order in advance (with a $3 transaction fee), so if we all buy our tickets together, it makes it worth while. Also, I would suggest many of us carpool to save on the parking fees (and gas and milage out there).

This sounds like lots of fun! Who else is in?

8. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    We're going but we already had a table reserved for Saturday... the 29th. :(

Anybody going on Saturday??

9. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Ok, so this event is this Friday. Let's organize it ASAP so there is no confusion.

I have a couple of folks that I'll be bringing. I'm ordering my tix online tomorrow night. Who else is commiting to go? Do you want me to order tix online for us all? Who wants to ride-share?

10. Willie_Scott

May 17, 2002
    My sister and I are shooting to get there at about 6:30. The grounds are so beautiful there, you'll be glad you arrived early =)

11. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    I've been there before, several times. I have grown up here in Dallas for my entire life, so FtWorth has always been just a short jump away for the Gardens, Zoo, etc.

However, it seems that it will be me and my friends and you and yours, since no one else will even say anything....

BRIAN!!

JEFF!!

:D

12. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    how much is it?

13. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    $15 if you buy at the gate, $12 if you pre-order.

C'mon stone, you know you wanna go! You can even bring your Gboy with Tetris incase you get bored. It'll be just like old times at the line... except I'll bet these folks can play a lot better than that crappy concert for the charity screening out in front of the Legacy!! ;)

14. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll call you tomorrow Mike, about carpooling. I'll be going.

:cool:

15. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    my GB w/ tetris disappeared. i think it happened at the line.

16. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Must've gone the same place as my Qui-Gon lightsaber :_|

So, anyone know any good shortcuts to get from downtown Dallas to the botanical gardens ?[face_plain]

17. Willie_Scott

May 17, 2002
    Who's going with who, and what time are the who's that are going getting there? :D

18. Willie_Scott

May 17, 2002
    OOPS - "Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction.
    But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now.
    We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you?" :D :p

19. Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi

Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2002
    uh, ok, then...i'm sorry, guys, but i can't, what with me stuck here without a car, and my mom doesn't know ANY of you...

IT SUCKS BEING ME! >:-(

20. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Willie,

Me, Jeff and my friends are all meeting at the South Willcall ticket booth at 6:30pm. that gives us plenty of time to get a good spot and get comfy before the show. Wanna meet us there?

21. Willie_Scott

May 17, 2002
    My friend Will and I should be there around 6:30, but with traffic and all, we're not sure. ?[face_plain] So we'll be looking for you guys inside. It wasn't that crowded at all last year, so we should be able to find you guys no problem :D

I guess whoever gets there first should claim the best grass there :p :D

22. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Yikes, it may be raining on our parade [face_plain]

W*rk is certainly getting in my way today too :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.