main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sci-fi currency converter - Galactic Credit Standard

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by nbarbosa, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbarbosa

nbarbosa Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm doing some research into the relative values of fictional currencies (don't ask!) and I was hoping some of the fans on this forum might be able to share their expertise. At the moment I'm looking into the value of the Galactic Credit Standard and trying to work out a conversion into pounds sterling/dollars. So: how much do you think 1 Galactic Credit Standard is worth in real-world money, and why?

Any info you can provide would be really helpful. I'm also checking through wikis and fan sites, but thought I might have some luck with you guys! Thanks in advance.

Nicole

2. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Hi Nicole - welcome to the forum![face_dancing]

That's a great question/study you have there! Bears some thought.... [face_thinking]

Is it safe to assume George simply had 1 Credit worth 1 USD in 1977? I'm not sure - Han Solo agrees to a 17,000 credit fee for running Luke, Ben and the droids to Alderaan - $17K for ship hire? Hmm.

Tough one - I'm sure there's a good answer out there, I look forward to seeing other responses. I'll keep searching!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure how accurate it is, but there's a pretty good article here on the SW TOR website.

Edit - you might have to scroll up to the top to see the article.

4. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I am only a few months late to answer.

So, for 10,000 SW credits you can (almost) buy a used spacecraft equipped with anti gravity, blasters that can take out buildings and possibly cities, shields strong enough to resist any modern Earth weapon, and can get you across the galaxy in a month or so.

What do you get on Earth for 10,000 dollars? A used car that has a range of 400 miles, can be halted with a rock, and is probably due for an oil change.

6. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    I don't know of any conversion ratio for Credit to Dollar/Pound. However, the Wook says that the Hapan Currency is worth twice a credit. Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.