Sci-Fi Family Picnic

Discussion in 'San Antonio, TX' started by tre_si_san, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tre_si_san Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK boys and girls, its time to start thinking about Family Sci-Fi Day at the park sponsored by San Antonio Fan Force and the members of the Battlestar Aries. The event will be held October 21st beginning at 10am. Location will be the picnic tables by the Joske's pavilion at Brackenridge park. Look for balloons.

Members, their spouses or significant others and their kids are welcomed to show up, visit the zoo, ride the Brackenridge Eagle train or check out the Witte Museum. There will be a potluck lunch. The main course will be grilled chicken leg quarters, hot dogs, hamburgers and sausage. Each group should bring a side dish for all to enjoy.

Each group should bring their own ice chest and place whatever soft drinks your own members would like to have. In other words: Someone from SAFF should bring an ice chest AND ICE, mark it SAFF and then all SAFF members should bring whatever sodas they want to drink and put in that ice chest. Other groups should do the same.

Members attending include: San Antonio Fan Force, Battlestar Aries, USS Bexar and USS Thunderwolf and any other groups wishing to attend. I am going to try and get a table where each group can place an item and or recruiting materials for the general public to view and possibly get a new member or two.

Laser tag rifles will be brought and members wishing to run around the park and play can do so unless the Park Cops don't like it[face_skull]

Please coordinate your side dishes by either posting to this thread or emailing me at mtrevino6@satx.rr.com

Thanks and I hope to see everyone there.

2. Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for posting info about the picnic, Alex!

I will definitely be there, and I'm planning on bringing a dessert, but I'm not sure what yet. Should we do our own separate list of what people are bringing, or are we trying to coordinate with the other groups on what people are bringing?
  3. Obsydian Jedi Knight

Okay, I was so going to go to this right?

Then I realized the day and time. I start work at that time! :_|

...life gets in the way so much I swear. It sounds so fun too!

If anything is going on on Holloween I'll be there :p
  4. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    You work on Saturdays? I forgot how much it sucks to be your age. Oh well, we will miss you, but it will feel just like the meetings you never seem to make it to, so I guess we'll trudge on without you. :) We still love you.

I will bring chips and snacks like oreos and fig newtons and shizzle. I'll even bring sugar free versions for our special needs peeps.
  5. tre_si_san Jedi Knight

star 2
    Cool, on making a list here....I know one group was contributing chips and dips, Mars and Lisa if you want to combine on desserts thatwould be cool. I think its excellent to also bring some sugar free items.

Brittany, one of these days I may have to sacrifice and just pay you for the time you would lose at work to hang out with us...

If anyone has any other ideas please shout them out....
  6. Obsydian Jedi Knight

Yeah, that would be nice. :)

The main problem is I work at a very small place, an eyedoctors, and usually there is only one other person working before I came along, they would be doing EVERYTHING and it was insane, hehe.
  7. Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, everyone, don't forget about the Sci-Fi Family Picnic on Oct. 21! This event is going to replace our normal monthly meeting, so please keep this in mind. So far, the weather looks like it will be really nice next weekend, so let's keep our fingers crossed. Make sure to sign up to bring something either on this thread or by email.

See you there!
    Lisa
  8. JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Knight

star 1
    I plan on being there ...I'm just wondering on what is a good time to be there. I'm brinning a dessert and maybe a 6 pack .....of coke, not beer[face_shame_on_you]
    So is this place near the baseball field or on the other side near the zoo
  9. tre_si_san Jedi Knight

star 2
    It will be next to the Joske's pavilion on the side of the Witte museum. I will have some balloons up to locate us. Probably anytime after 11am would be good. Great on the dessert.
    See ya there.
  10. Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 3
    The 1st Annual Sci-Fi Family Picnic was a huge success!!! Thanks to Alex for organizing it, and for being in charge of the grill! We had a great turn out and got to hang out with people from other groups. The weather was beautiful; the food was good, and it was just great all around! Thanks to everyone who attended and brought items to share. This definitely should be an annual event! Great job Alex!

11. DarthCynthia72 Jedi Master

star 2
    I would have much rather been with you guys then in Somerset watching little league football.[face_frustrated] Although our team did beat them bad. Real bad.=D=
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.