main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Sci-Fi fans: socializing and booze!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Leia-Organa, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Hi all! Im not too sure if these boards are still active, but thought i'd give it a try anyways.

I have recently returned from 2 years overseas working and travelling in London.
    During my time there, i was part of a group of people that would get together fortnightly, to talk about films, games, comics, weirdness, or anything funky they had been doing. We would get together at a local pub, drink lots, and just chat. I found this was a really great way to meet new people that were into the same things as me - films (sci-fi, horror), and to find out about interesting things that were going on around town. In addition, we would go see films together, and attend local film festivals or any other weird event we felt like! I thought about starting this group up for a beer at a local pub in Freo, South Perth, or the city. Please contact me if you feel this might be something you are interested in doing. This would be a sociable group and probably not for the people that spend most of their time in online gaming environments, although everyone is of course welcome to come along and meet people! Mostly would be ages to 20-40 i would hope. :D Please email me :D

2. Ivo

Ivo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    I wouldn't mind catching up to drink and chat about movies I'm sure I can drag my GF. I work away from Perth so it will have to be when I'm back.

Hopefully you have had a lot of emails of "interest" from other people ;) I thought this deserved to be public hopefully others will respond

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    points EMAIL HER!! EMAIL HER!!!! I IMPLORE YOU LURKERS OUT THERE!!! KEEP THIS PLACE ALIVE!!!

twitches nervously

4. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Funny thing is...90% of the fans I know DON'T DRINK!

But the 10% that do make up for them...at least we try. [face_dancing]

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Actually, I dont drink either.....but socializing is always a good thing!

6. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Sounds like a good idea, and I'd be in it, but between work and my out of office shenanigans, I barely have time to come home and sleep at the moment. I'm interested and if it works out I might swing by if I can get there.

7. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
  8. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    So only one more interested in meeting up too bad Karty and jonny aren't around here anymore I'm sure they would be in as well. If we are meeting up it'll have to be every 2nd week as I work up in the mines.

9. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    Does that make you a MINOR? [face_whistling]

10. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    No I see myself as more of a tenor:D

11. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *groans*

Agree with it to a point. Work and family being the exceptions. And energy levels left after both of them :p (ps - howcome I don't have the ex-CR title in mine.. [face_thinking] lol, not that it's important)

12. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    I would rather it said VICFF CR - Retired

What I mean is that you have to make time and room for the people in your life, both friends & family.....you never know how long they'll be there for.

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I must say I wouldn't mind getting together with folks again to see where everyone's at...with a young child this does become a potential problem (ironically I have more time to post at work than I do at home) but I'm prepared to make a pledge to be more active around here in future.

14. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Count me in. We only just moved back to Perth and I miss our old meets. We used to have a lot of FF meets at our place. Stinky's probably the only one still posting who remembers those but they were good times. Maybe when we finish sorting out our new place we can host some again.

15. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    yup, SK, Nat, yourself, Dan and uh, I forget (I'm terrible with names, don't take it personally, mind wants to say Sal? Not sure if that's right), SM, and a few others...

Man, that's going back some.. I don't even remember my name from back then... [face_thinking]

16. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Yep, Dan and Sal it is. I could still try and get in touch with them, married couple that they are... :D

And though it sounds like these gathers predated my arrival here, SM was always ... entertaining. [face_devil]

17. Leia-Organa

Jun 16, 2005
    Ok - so we have Ivo, Stinky_jawa, saintheart & Soneil as potential.
    I have 5-6 other people including some friends and randoms.
    We are having a meetup on the Thursday 26th, anyone interested please PM me for location and time, and my identification. "no, you wont need to see my identification, these aren't the droids you are looking for". couldnt help myself - sorry. PM me! :D

18. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    How about posting the time here. Then we'll (or I anyway) will know if we'll be available and can PM for the rest of the details.

19. Leia-Organa

Jun 16, 2005
    Sorry in the delay! You are all invited to a night of booze, meeting new crew, and lots of nerdy chats about film, comics, sci-fi and weirdness!

Thursday 26th March from 6.00pm onwards

20. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Booga.. I'm out remote from this friday :_|. 2 weeks then back into Perth for a day then down to Bunbury for a few.. huzzah.. :mad:

Ah well, hopefully next time!

21. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    Sounds like fun and I'm in town that week:)

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ask and ye shall receive!

I look forward to hearing about this meet up!

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Maybe I should revive the ol WA fanforce tradition of inviting barbarjinks to all the fanforce meets. ;)

24. Ivo

Oct 10, 2002
    I can't wait for tomorrow night I'll be there I got permission from the boss and she's coming too [face_mischief]

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Sent a pm. Just need the address details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.