FF:WA Sci-fi Roles

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been noticing lately that a lot of sci-fi tv series have the same star-trek style character structure. I.e. the leader (Kirk), the doctor who can cure anything(Bones), the technician who can fix anything (Scotty) the serious alien type (Spock), Security chief and a few others (Uhuru, Checkov, Sulu).
    It got me thinking about who I think fills those roles best in various series such as the trek series (next generation, deep space nine, voyager, enterprise) and other similar shows (babylon 5, andromeda, stargate etc).
    What characters do you people think are the best for each of the cliche roles?
    My favourite picks are:

Leader - Picard (Star trek TNG)
    Doctor - a tie between Franklin (Babylon 5) and the hologram doctor (Startrek Voyager)
    Technician - Harper (Andromeda)
    Serious alien type - Tealc (Stargate) with Worf (Startrek TNG) a close second
    Security Chief - Odo (Startrek DS9) with Worf a close second again. Garibaldi (babylon 5) gets an honourable mention.
    Other - Data (startrek TNG)
  2. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Leader - Captain Sherridan (spelling?) B5
    Doctor - I like the new Enterprise one I guess, Flox or flocks or something..
    Technician - Comeon, nothing beats Scottie!
    Serious alien type - Worf
    Security Chief - Lutenaint Yaar (Hey she dies halfway through season 1!!! Now thats commitment!)
    Other - Yeah, Data was probably one of the most interesting ones.. 7 of 9 also, for entirely different reasons.. :p
  3. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    You reminded me of a crucial category I missed. Hottest babe. (I'm not being sexist here - male characters are just as eligible :) ).

So many to choose from but I'd have to say Andromeda with Judzia Dax from DS9 and Dr Frazier from Stargate coming close. 7 of 9's a babe no doubt, but not my type.

Initially I came pretty close to picking Sherridan for the leader role (who else survived death). All of the characters in Babylon 5 are good enough to be picked but I decided to even it around. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.