main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Sci-Fi TV News (OT: non-Star Wars)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Jul 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Just to keep those interested up-to-date ... :)

• Quantum Leap repeats (starting with episode one) are coming to TV4, 7:30pm, Saturdays, starting 4 August.

• Sliders repeats have moved to 1:00pm, Sundays, starting TODAY, 29 July (still on TV4).

• Contact, the Jodie Foster movie, is showing on TV2, 8:30pm, Saturday, 4 August.

• Superman II movie is showing on TV2, noon, Sunday, 5 August.

• The Fugitive updated series (not really sci-fi) has moved to 11:30pm (!?) on Saturdays, starting 4 August (still on TV2). This is the second move since the series started, and is a bit silly seeing as there can't be that many episodes left to play (it's been canned in America).

• Buffy, the Vampire Slayer (again, not really sci-fi), a new season, is coming to TV4, 8:30pm, Wednesdays, starting 8 August.

Whew! I think that's all the changes. Still no news on Star Wars movies though. :(

2. RogueJedi

RogueJedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    Fugetive @ 11:30pm... sonofa.... im busy on satday nites..typical

a well @least their not sayin that ep2 wont ever b finished or sumthin

3. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    I can see why the series was canned! It definately doesn't match the original. With the instant communications of todays modern world the series is not able to pull off the whole story line that the original could. Its just not believable at all! :p

4. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    first it was a tv series, then a series of movies then a tv series again......

5. oy636

oy636 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    Cool Quantum Leap is coming back. I always thought that he was kinda cool. I skipped out on my 16th b.day to watch the next season start.
    Watched airforce one last night notice that they played in the fight scence the same fight music as in Indian Jones last fight scence.

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    yay for the return of Buffy!

and for all u X files fans out there, whaddya think of Robert Patrick? I think hes cool, loved the episode with the "metal man"
    a few weeks back when Agent Dogget mentioned "that kinda thing only happens in the movies".

7. oy636

oy636 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    Yeah I think it is good that they seem to be getting back to ture X-Files, not just alein chasing

8. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    this is sorta related......

just went and saw Final Fantasy..........i reallly enjoyed it, of course i like almost anything with space in it or scifi..........

the graphics, while discernably animated are really lifelike, if thats what movies are going to be like in the future then i say, **** human actors!

9. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    > Yeah I think it is good that they seem to be getting back to ture X-Files, not just alein chasing

You should watch "PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal" (Saturdays, 9:25, TV4). I haven't actually seen a whole episode, but the couple of times I've seen parts its looked like a tame version of the early X-Files episodes.

More Sci-Fi TV news ...
    • Farscape repeats start on Saturday, 11 August at 6:30pm, TV4 (replacing Buck Rogers).

• Apollo 11, the movie about the first moon landing, is being shown on Saturday, 11 August at 12:00noon, TV2 - it's not science fiction, but science history.

• Jurrasic Park III behind the scenes programme is being shown on Sunday, 12 August at 2:00pm, TV2 - just fits into sci-fi, although cloning is nearly a fact.

• Alien Nation: Dark Horizon, a TV movie spin-off from the series is being shown on Thursday, 16 August at 11:15pm on TV2.

And, just for those oldies around here (like me), The Dukes of Hazard: Reunion movie is being shown on Saturday, 11 August at 11:25pm, TV2. A bit of a silly timeslot, so I won't be watching it. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.