main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scifi 3D Opening Crawl 3ds Max Questions........

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by JimBobCarl, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimBobCarl

JimBobCarl Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    OK, I've downloaded the opening crawl file and, rendered it and everything went well. I have in my possession Adobe Illustrator 9 and Photoshop 7. I opened the story.trg (whatever the initials are) file in Photoshop and tried to delete the text to add my own, no go. I made an exact size shape file, added my own text, replaced the file in the crawl file, no good, it has a "orange" like side and highlight to it. SO.... here's the q: how would one go about 1. editing the original file in Photoshop, or 2. make my own in PS but do WHAT exactly to it, transparent, black background, ...??? Please help a dude out, I'm almost finished with my FF but I really want to finish this "my" opening crawl, thanks ahead of time, your friendly neighborhood JimBobCarl!

2. JimBobCarl

Apr 9, 2004
    ok, umm, this is the part when someone actually like chimes in to like say EXPLAIN this...........

3. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    There's nothing hard about editing at TGA file in Pshop. You probably did all of that correct. Problem I think is... that's a really old MAX/3DS file. It's ancient. Sounds to me like there's a material setting on your plane messed up and/or a lighting problem. Both probably stemming from using such an old MAX file... or importing an old 3DS file. You should work on those two things... or just start from scratch using your new TGA file and remake the scene with your version of MAX. IF that's what you are using.

4. JimBobCarl

Apr 9, 2004
    Thanks ZOO, well, after reading the first few words I may have th solution, I tried editing the file w/Adobe Illustrator. Ok, well I'm gonna try it again tonight w/PS, to see if its me, or .....?? Thanks, again, for your reply.

5. JimBobCarl

Apr 9, 2004
    Well, I've been at it for awile now, no can do. Would ANYONE out there want to make a max scene of the opening crawl, and upload it to....? and post online instead of the "old" max file for us, NE1 NE1?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.