SciFi3D not working? [It's Back Up]

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PadawanNick, Jul 6, 2017.

Moderators: TCF-1138
  1. PadawanNick Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey folks,
    Trying to get to the scifi3D site right now results in a quick look at the main page, but then some strange "buy this domain" page fills the screen. Anyone able to check in to see what's up with the site???

Have fun.
  2. TCF-1138 Porg of New Films & Fan Films

Manager
    star 5
    Strange. I just checked it out, and it works for me.
  3. PadawanNick Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting. Still happening for me. Tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Connecting via Verizon FIOS from NE USA.
    Seems to happen after the tail-end of the page load. If I'm fast enough on the "stop" button, I can freeze the load on the actual scifi3d page, but then still have the same timing race on whatever page I navigate to on the site from there.
    Very odd...
  4. TCF-1138 Porg of New Films & Fan Films

Manager
    star 5
    Works on Firefox for me.

I'm terrible at IT stuff, so I can't even begin to speculate what the cause could be.
  5. PadawanNick Jedi Master

star 4
    Think I found it. Stopping the page load and using Chrome to view source shows that line 587 of the main page has a javascript call that's targeted at a strange "voice2page" site, which, of course, is the strange site that pops up any time I try going to Scifi3d.

Sure enough .... when I disable javascript in Firefox .... no problem anymore.

Guess that's it.

Have fun.
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. TCF-1138 Porg of New Films & Fan Films

Manager
    star 5
    Glad to hear you found the solution.

I do believe this thread has served its purpose. Locking.
  7. George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum

VIP
    star 4
    Thx. for letting me know. I guess I got a redirect hack. Not sure how tho. It's hosted on GoDaddy.
  8. TCF-1138 Porg of New Films & Fan Films

Manager
    star 5
    Glad to hear it's working again.

Merged the threads, updated the title, and I unlocked the thread in case there are more questions.
Moderators: TCF-1138