So CO [SCJ_Cos] SCFF Official Costuming Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mistress, Nov 28, 2004.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    How about:
    the dread ship duckie
    the dread ship geek
    the dread ship
  2. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yar.

I might have to let meeself stop shavin' an' get all scraggly and whatnot.
  3. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yar.

I'll have to stop fergittin' to order me boots, too...udderwise I may end up haffin' to have TWO peglegs...or at least a nice matchin' pair o' Ah-DEE-das to go with me outfit.
  4. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    My pirate ship will be called The Entropy!

We probably won't get to make costumes this time but I will wear my "Wish I was a Pirate" T-shirt. :D

RDT - I can be your deck scrubber if you want to captain the Entropy...you definitley don't want me to be the ships cook! Oh, wait can I be in charge of the magazine? All that explosive material and me the clumsy one...could be very interesting... ;)
  5. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I wish I was a pirate.

Hey, if anyone needs stuff from Anderson Carpets, let me know. As of today I've bought enough odds and ends from them that I have a business account, and 10% off all my future purchases. LOL.
  6. Darth_Nast_T Jedi Master

star 2
    Kaety- since when do you scrub decks???
  7. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    thats great josh.Ill have to keep that in mind.
  8. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cutting out the pattern for that pirate jacket was brutal. So glad that's over. I'll never use a heavily patterned fabric where I have to match the pieces together ever again. Urgh.
  9. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, and I have to thank JGoC for coming down and showing us how to make silly hats.

Pending I have enough time, I'll make a really cool one. If not, I'll be the best dressed pirate there with a hat made out of newspaper. :D
  10. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    since im gonna do a pirate deck hand, does anyone have a good pic(s) of what they look like.

i already have my mop and bucket figured out.
  11. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Won't have time to make anything of me own, but if you need an extra set of semi-skilled hands, let me know. :)

This post is the first time the OPPM Kitty has struck me in many moons. Got all confused, lol.
  12. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    Mac, I still have all those patterns I bought back in the day. Lets take a look at them.
  13. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    well, i found some fabric for my kilt that i like. sadly, its nothing what kilt fabric should be. one way i could tell it was good is that my friend called me crazy when i asked her what she thought of it:D

are we doing it again this week? i promise to have more to do than cut patterns this time.
  14. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Mac, I've found some perfect fabric for your kilt! You just have to be willing to pay around $7/yd for it.
  15. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I believe we can do this again on Wednesday...there will be frantic costuming going on for us anyway. :p
  16. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    if it will look great than im willing to pay for it. but not til july. i dont think i will have the cash for it till around the first of the month.
  17. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yay. I got nothing done last night.

Except...look closely at my budget, find I can't go where I was planning on next month, figured we'd (maybe) be able to get swords for our pirates, and I had to drown my sorrows in root beer and flying my Dune Lizard class Hutt fighter, killing both Rebels and Imperials. Tonight, I should be qualified to fly my Kimogila class fighter. w00t.
  18. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hmmm....are we going to have shorten the costuming to go see Batman Begins? Or take our sewing in? :D
  19. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well Mac, I hope it will still be there :) I could ask the ladies to hold it, but usually they can only do that for a week or so.

Does Batman Begins start wed? And it ends up that having this fits in really well with the plans my brother has wed. 15 of his closest friends (and girls) playing x-box and watching movies all night. I'd just embarass him or get introuble for swearing while playing Halo (it brings out teh evil).
  20. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    ahh crap. i will have to see what my paycheck looks like on the 22nd then.
  21. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'm about 99% positive it starts today...thought I kept seeing that on the trailers...but I could be on crack or something.

Geee, I wonder why you wouldn't want to spend your evening with 15 teenagers? o_O

:p

I have work for the semi skilled hands. oh boy, do I have work. [face_devil]

Are we doing anything food-wise? or is this a 'fend for yourself' night?
  22. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That depends on who's coming. So far...it'sus...and Mac and Jenny are maybes, since Sarah got stuck babysitting. LOL.
  23. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ah. Sarah may come after all.
  24. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yup! I switched chaperon duties with my mom. Now I just have to run a few errands drop a couple people off and I can be outta there by 8pm. So I'll be there later, and I will have had dinner already, so I don't know what you guys want to do about that.
  25. Kaety Jedi Master

star 4
    Today while I was copying our ENTIRE cd collection to my computer I ran across Flogging Molly's "Seven Deadly Sins" song (They are an Irish bar/punk band)...It's about... "We're seven drunken pirates, we're the Seven Deadly Sins."

...Maybe you should be 2 of the seven deadly sins... ;)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby