main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO [SCJ_Cos] SCFF Official Costuming Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mistress, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)

2. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

:p

3. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

Do we want to set a specific plan for next week? Do we want to sew or work on leather(if you have it) or other costuming ideas. I want to know what we want to get done so we can start a good system for costuming. Let me know. Later Days...

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I think plans for next week will depend on what we accomplish this weekend...more to follow.

Again, if you are interested in doing a nightsister or a Tusken, this is the place to make your voice heard. We have research shots of both and ideas for both...Speak up or forever hold your peace. We'll be purchasing supplies for these in the next few.

meh

plus, theres always the Rancor to work on. Most everything else has to wait for warmer weather (tie pilots, etc.)

5. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    any guesstimate on what the tusken is going to cost?

6. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    a lot! :p

I would guess somewhere between 50 - 100? I really dont have a clue, and probably wont until we actually start purchasing leather.

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Yeah, since those dorks overseas can't find any vintage WW1 or WW2 British or Swedish bandoliers. Feh! The bandoliers run around $50/each. Depending on what kind of leather we use, they'll only be $10 with lots of labor, or $50 with lots of labor. Sooooo...they're still gonna hurt.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    forty bucks is a lot better than 40 hours and 10 bucks! maybe we can go that route, but right now I am totally frelling broke!

since this isnt a costume in contention for the contest, I think finishing touches might get put off til last minute.

10. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I know that The wife, myself, Kim and 1 of my guys are all starting to work on our Sith/Nightsisters. Myself and Kim both have all of the material for our Costumes. So let me know what you want to do or might need. Later days...

11. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I would like to plan a costuming night that focuses almost entirely on the nightsisters and I would like to do it this month. Rachel and I have a lot of what we will need, but we dont have everything yet.

I would also like to have JGoC come down for it, and I know her schedule is a little tight with just moving back home, and all.

If she gives us a wednesday this month that she can come down, could everybody show up?

12. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Hey guys.

It's been a long time due to the firewall at work, but hopefully I'll be back on here more frequently.

Anywho...

I'm making my Jedi outfit for ROTS, and need a little help with the boots. I can't afford a new pair of riding boots or anything, so I'm currently using my Air Jordan Downtown Leather boots. They look really sweet, but they only go slightly above my ankles. I need to find a way to make an 'extension' so I can extend the boots to go up my calf.

Would anybody know how to do this?

I would love to help with the costuming in any way possible, but first need to know when, where, and what we're doing. Is the movie still on that Birrer was working on? What's this whole Rancor I'm hearing about?

Any news would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DH

13. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    A ggod pair of spats (i think that what they are called) could help.I am not to fimilar with them,but others are.

and I wasnt working on a movie,that was jyro-kyrn.i think he shelved the idea.

14. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Costuming is ON for tomorrow...

I'm thinking of cutting out mock ups for the Night sister outfits, since we didn't find "just the right" material. I believe there will be work on either a tusken or rancor legs. I think our sewing machine will be in use, but if anyone needs to use one, let us know, someone might be able to bring one.

Do we have leather to start cutting out the NS leather pieces? I'll find zoom's favorite pounding rock and start hammering away if we get it cut out.

:D

Who is planning on coming, so we can get a headcount? If someone wants to bring some garlic bread and a salad, I can throw on some spaghetti and sauce for nourishment.

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I think we should definitely put out the call for a second machine. I wish Santa had brought me one...anyway, I have some fabric to dedicate to a NS mockup...no leather yet, but I'm sure we could round some up, just not sure on the quantity. If you could post a guestimate on squares per sister, that might help. I'm no good with higher math. ;)

If we have two machines, we can probably do a hit on all three projects.

Actually, I could swing by and grab the muslin to work on pants before then.

PM me on that if you get a chance, Rachel...no phone. :(

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I need to get my machine worked on. after that i will let you guys use it. better than letting it collect dust.

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I might work from home tomorrow, so I can pick up some leather. Need to pick up a few things tonight on my way home for another mockup of something I be workin' on...

YAR!

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    JGoC is coming...and she is bringing three machines!!!

we are sooooo gonna get soooo much done!

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'll be there! And I'll be bringing my two sewing machines and one serger. And if needed I think I can convince my mom to let me bring hers.

Beat me to it Mistress!!! :D

20. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

We should be there, I may be late due to work but I'm pretty sure Cyra will be there. If we need another sewing machine let me know I can get 1 and another serger. Later Days...

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Not to throw a wrench into the works, but where is everyone planning on putting these machines? We don't even have 1 set up. LOL.

Also, blowing snow is forecasted for tomorrow...so...drive carefully. I'll be working from home.

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'll let you guys know what its like up here for me. It seems whenever I've got the time to do this it snows :(

23. Cyra_Secura

Cyra_Secura Jedi Master star 1

Jul 18, 2004
    Well I plan to be there. Rachel, I'll bring a salad and hopefully some bread. Spaghetti sounds yummy! I plan on working on the NS outfit. You can tell me what I'll need since I just recently decicded to do one. :) Thanks.

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    JGoC...Well, it was supposed to be snowing when I got off work tonight, but instead it was just a little nippy, and really REALLY foggy from Fountain to P-town...so maybe we might not get snow. *shrug*

Oh, and Rachel and Jenny went thru all the spare fabric we had, and there's probably enough to do a decent amount of NS mockups, if not the actual pieces themselves.

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Its snowing here :( I checked the forcast for I-25 they used red to mark it from here to Pueblo, but the snow is supposed to stop by 4pm today. So I'll probably go for it. Heck it was worse in Wyoming!