So CO [SCJ_Cos] SCFF Official Costuming Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mistress, Nov 28, 2004.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. RavLoc_Vos Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey All

We should be there. And I should actually have something to work on. YAAAHHH!!!
    Later Days...
  2. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    How about costuming from 6ish-10:00, to allow the sickling time to sleep. :)

Anyone who is not working on something will first be sent for food, then kicked out in the cold so they don't distract us. :D (Is that mean enough Fearless Leader?)

I don't know if the leather belts will happen tonight, depends on the zoominator getting to the leather shop today.
  3. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    yes, darlin...tis mean enough, lol
  4. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm not seeing the belts happen today. Not feeling up to going out to pick stuff up. Bleh. :p

More than enough stuff to work on already, though.
  5. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    That's what I thought.

I'm writing down the steps left to finish up my NS, there is still a bit to do...Did you get my arm cast filled in so it can be sculpted on? I might even try to start that and get it in the rough form tonite. :)

Mmmmm, free cheesecake and cake and doughnuts at work today...I'm gonna need to hit the treadmill. :D
  6. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Doh. I'll get the arm thingie ready.
  7. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    my hands hurt, but it was so worth it! :D
  8. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    I imagine there would be sore hands.You guys played with a lot of clay last night.
  9. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    LOL.

Thank you to our slave labor for helping prep that huge back piece, and getting clay ready for the Royal Guard...
  10. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    I had fun last night!!! i got to play with clay and watch buffy. good times :D
  11. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Its never too early to start planning next Wedesday. :D
  12. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Urf. Is it next Wednesday already?
  13. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    close enough, lol.

from now until april every night is wednesday night. ;)
  14. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    thats a scary thought. and i had fun last night. didnt feel too productive, but at least got some stuff done.
  15. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Glad you had fun. It takes awhile hammering away at that stuff before you actually start seeing a result. That back section for the rancor would've taken me 6-8 hours to break down all that clay and lay it out the way I needed it. Same thing with the clay for the helmet, too -- gonna be about 4-6 hours of just getting the clay ready.
  16. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    yeah. i almost made it through 2 blocks. if zac had not said he wanted to go home cause of the time, i would have been there til you said go home!
  17. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No biggie. We kicked everyone out about 15 minutes after you left. I actually went to bed before 1AM. :eek:
  18. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Ileft my coat there.Its a gray fleece and has a cotton hat in the R side pocket. should be around the table.
  19. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    yes, we found the jacket yesterday. (You can tell I keep the house spotless. :p )

Okay, this wednesday will involve making belts. If you do not have your leather go buy it right NOW. (You can just buy belt sized leather and get it cut at the leather store) Also, get any doohickeys you want to put on it.

If you are going to do it in any other color than the natural tanny-hide color, you should dye it before wednesday to give it time to dry fully. It doesn't take that long to dry, but you will probably need at least 2 coats of the dye. I did 2 large belts with the dye on sat/sun, and they hardly took any dye.

Be Careful with the dye, I was informed it was "wetter than water" and would splash everywhere. While I did not have any trouble with it (AND DID NOT LEAVE A GIANT STAIN ON THE PATIO, like SOME people I know) it was very wet and a few spots on my fingers have a nice dark color to them.

Howzabout a headcount for Wed, and a start on deciding food?

20. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    i have to work. so count me out.
  21. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll be there. :)

and I vote pizza

22. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yay. Pizza.

Anyone found not working on something will be put to slave labor on clay again. LOL.
  23. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    anyone not working on clay will be put to work massaging me feet...lol ;)
  24. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Straightened up the living room/room with nothing in it that all the sewing happens in. The dizziness from my cough medicine wore off, and with the ability to almost breathe again, I had a small burst of energy.
  25. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Also made another template for the next lump of clay that needs to be set up. Bwa ha ha.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby