main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Scooter Girl

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    You came on Soft Winds
    You leave me now in Sad Rain
    I'm Gratful you came.

Scooter died this morning at 10:19. She had rallied Tuesday but yesterday afternoon began to slow down and told me that the time had come to let her go. I made arrangments to have it done here, at home, this evening but this morning she was ready and I could not make her wait.

Scooter was very strong and my heart is so empty now. I held her the entire time so she was never alone. I still have Exeter but Scooter was special to me for reasons that only two other people understood and they are also gone from my life now. I will not dwell on them nor on Scooter being gone. Even though there is an emptiness in my heart it will fill with her memory and love.

Scooter was very strong and so am I. I will heal but I will need time. I don't mean to turn anyone away but this is a path I must take on my own, as I always have. It is with my cats; my children, now only one, that I share my tears.

Bette

Don't worry, the Darkside is strong in my family and the Empire will stand.

2. Emperors-hand

Emperors-hand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Oh Bette I'm so sorry. Our hearts are with you both.

3. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    i am hurting for you...

:_|

4. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    I am really sorry to hear about Scooter. My prayers are with you.

-Derek :(

5. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through." ~Jules Verne

"To some blind souls all cats are much alike. To a cat lover every cat from the beginning of time has been utterly and amazingly unique."- Jenny de Vries

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Take all the time you need. Our pets are part of our family, and should be properly mourned. You did the right thing by her, and while the grief will be raw, you can take some small comfort in that you loved her well, you took responsibility for her, and she knew you and your love were with her for the entire journey of her life. That is no small thing.

*hug*

- Kai

7. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Me ke aloha menemene... [:D]

With sympathy for your loss, we are here for you when you need us!

Aloha popoki... farewell Scooter

8. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I am so sorry for your loss MP =(. My thoughts are with you.

9. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I too am sorry

10. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. Exeter began looking for Scooter yesterday afternoon and last night searched for her in her usual hiding places but finally gave up. We both miss her.

11. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    Bette,

if it's any consolation, i believe that i can comprehend your grief to some extent.

nearly three years ago, i lost my dog of ten years, Suzy, to skin cancer. it was a very heart-wrenching experience for my whole family, and it's still very difficult for me to discuss. she was such a precious companion, (of course i have scores of stories, but i will refrain from sharing them here) a chihuahua mix sooo... basically a lap dog. in the end we had to put her down because she was suffering so greatly that her pain pills weren't even helping anymore.

you did the right thing.

Scooter will always be in your heart, and, if i may be so bold, i myself am of the belief that there is a possibiliy that some of us may someday see our beloved pets again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.