main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~scoring the eu~

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ParanoidAni-droid, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I saw a simalar thread to this one in one of the movie forums (at least, I think it was there [face_shocked])and thought that since SOTE is the only eu piece (aside from the games)to have a pre-concieved soundtrack (that I know of)we could name some songs WE hear in our heads when we read the books. One I liked, paticularly, from the movie forums was Obi-wan drifting off to tattooine with baby Luke to the backdrop of "Across the Universe." *Magical* Anyway, here's some of mine:

_"Staalafur" By Sigur Ros,which has a very distant an atmoshperic sound, I could see it appropriateing one of Han and Chewie's many trips to and through the Maw.

_"Only you" by Portishead, which has that nice swanky and decadent sound that can only be found in a Nar Shadaa night club. Perhaps when Han meets Salla in one of Crispin's novels.

_"Exit Music (For a Film)" While this isn't really eu, it is an inevitable event yet to pass and currently only backstory which is Anakin's seperation from Ami and fall from grace. The song intails a forbidden love ended tragically because of a father's wishes. Substituting the jedi code in that role, one can almost hear Anakin screaming "May all of your rules and wisdom choke you!"

_"Space Odditty"- This song has so many diffrent elemants to it, it could work as opening credits, or to express a moment of anticipation. The chorus seems to embody a kind of weightlessness.

And lastly, Palpatine's theme song: "The man who sold the world" (To the Trade federation, that is!) ;) The little snake!

More to come...

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    hard rock, no lyrics. How about Dream Theatre?

TKT likes this.
  3. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Have yet to hear Dream theatre, though I must say their covers have intrigued me. Are they Hard Rock?

4. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    PARANOID ANDROID . .. . . . Can i be the first against the wall when you become king??

SIGUR ROS RULES!!!!!!! One of the best bands in the world, without a doubt, second maybe only to Radiohead!

Back in the day when i read Jedi Academy Trilogy, i listened to a bunch of Smashing Pumpkins. My vote for "starla" goes for the destruction of Carida!

5. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Can i be the first against the wall when you become king??

Sure... "God loves his children, yeah!" ;)

Back in the day when i read Jedi Academy Trilogy, i listened to a bunch of Smashing Pumpkins. My vote for "starla" goes for the destruction of Carida!

Hey, I was weaned on the pumpkins as well. I find your above approach to reading effective. I did the same thing, 'cept I read The Lord of the Rings to Led Zepplin, and lemmie tell you pictureing the accension of middle-earth's supernatural creatures to "Stairway" was awe inspireing to say the least. Many of Zeps stripped down and more folky songs work really well with the trilogy such as "Misty Mountian Hop" and not just because Plantt mentions the Ring Wraiths, either. ;)

6. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    call of the ktulu: s&m version. Metallica with the San francisco orcestra. very cool.

7. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

I think it'd be kinda fun to see someone like Jaina or Kyp have their thinking clouded with the darkside and seeing them slip to "Purple Haze." It already sounds like your brain is bubbling on some kind of acid-- the dark side IS addictive after all. 8-} Oh,... 'scuse me as I kiss this guy...

8. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

call of the ktulu

Anyone know what the deal is behind this? I mean, was it a cash dispute between Chaoisium or Joshi. I do wish Moneytallica had ponied up the dough for the right spelling of the word.

Cthulhu ptaghn!

9. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Up, up, and away...

10. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Just thought some of the people nameing character theme songs would have something to say here about scoring the eu.

(Actually, I just refuse to let this thread die ;) )

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Mostly, I hear the pieces Williams wrote for the movies, particulary the song Return of the Jedi (did that get cut out of the SE soundtrack or just have the title changed, it's played during the sailbarge scene of the movie). Although I have, during the NJO, heard two of Stan Bush's songs, Touch and Dare.

12. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Hmmmm.... Throw a simple "in" somewhere in the title of the thread, and this suddenly becomes terribly inappropriate. [face_devil]

13. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    And why do you feel that way. This question has been asked several times in the past. Nothing wrong with it.

14. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Scoring in the EU has been discussed before? Well, okay, there was that "Dating another species" thread a while back... ;)

Oy... nevermind. It was a bad joke.

15. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    How about...as the moon falls towards serpintal we here "the doom song" from invader zim?...anyone?:)

16. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    dude i was just going to say call of the ktulu! when i read Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring i had the S&M version on literally nonstop throughout the book-so now whenever i'm reviewing it for english (that is our current major subject in english at school) i cannot help but hear the song echoing through my head at all of really big scenes.
    as a project connected to LotR in english we had to do these humongous reading journals, including plot summaries of all chapters, archetypes, tone and mood, etc, (mine was 58 full pages typed font size 12 single spaced in the end version) and during the writing of it i listened to Man in the Iron Mask-Main theme nonstop on repeat too, for motivation and inspiration. it worked. listen to it- you will think it came straight from a SW movie and/or LotR movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.