main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SCOTLAND UNITE

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Failed_I_Have, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Failed_I_Have

Failed_I_Have Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    I'm back. TimBolton get yer arse back here now the war is not over!!!!! I have a life you see, so I had to leave my computer screen but I'm back.

I requested Scotland to unite to save the board.

Get yer english arse back here and finish what you started.

2. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    I have a message from the now banned Obi Wan KeNowlesy.

All those who are Scottish yet fail to back their country in this topic should be deeply ashamed and he is embaressed to say he is part of the same nation.

And I agree.

3. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    And Darth Donald...you deserve a knighthood.

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Still here, keeping any eye from Hadrian's Wall.
    So he got banned? Not my doing, I can tell you now. But like I said, if you are going to post on here, you better understand who is top dog and what their rules are. I am all for a laugh, get to meet other posters from the UK.
    If you want to continue to rant and not joke, then the conversation ends. I have no time for that.

Agreed?

5. Slanir_Tezneech

Slanir_Tezneech Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    *Returns from a smoking Glasgow as flames billow from the Countrys capital* Next stop Hadrians wall

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Failed_I_Have: No, I will not get embroiled in some ridiculous flame war just because some n00b tells me to. Supporting Scotland does not mean making war on England. In fact, it means attempting to help the poor sods when they get their asses kicked.

So, in other words, stop causing a fuss, n00b. The real Scottish posters here, who registered long before you, are mature and intelligent. And whilst yes, most of the time they are having a laugh, does not mean that you can shoot your mouth off at them at every opportunity.

The fact that you do this on a message board shows that you have very little grip on either the ToS, or yourself.

DD, JED1 and the others will always be better posters than you, they're immortalised because they aren't complete idiots. If you redeem yourself and try to not be a general nuisance all over the place, you might be as well. But until then, try being nice for a change. Honestly, it doesn't hurt.

From a fellow Scot.

7. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005

Very well. No more ranting. I am done. I apologise Tim Bolton.

8. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005

I feel genuinely bad. But to be honest there is hee-haw regular users on this board in the common use of the word. Dank Donk and Jed1, immortal? OK. Whatever. Thats not my point. My self and KeNowlesy have done our best to revitalise this board, when was the last time an 80 post topic materialised within a day? But he is now gone and I am clearly unwanted in the relief effort of this board. So will everyone else - Dank Donk, Jed1 and Cobranaconda - save the board!

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, Scotland isn't big enough in members to be considered that active anyway. I mean, there are only 4 Scottish posters that I know of that post outside of this board, and that is malkie, JED1, djcati and myself. DD is immortal because he's been here for years and still is, and he and SDM were being remarkably funny back then. JED1 has also been here for years, and established himself.

And, I don't know how you plan to save a board that was never really active in the first place.

This place plays to a certain style of humour. Not many foreigners get it, so we don't get many visitors, and any huge England vs. Scotland thing on here is going to end up being lauded as idiocity anyway, as if all the English get involved we'll be overrun.

Feel free to continue posting and doing what you feel is best. But please don't come here into the midst of a small but friendly community that has been years in the making, and then say that one of the funniest and dediciated people here is a wannabe, despite the fact that he was writing a story that Kenowlesy did some Prequels for about 2 or 3 years before you even registered. And don't try and make war on the English, it only cements the stereotype of us as being complete rockheads.

10. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    Darth Donald is scottish. And the only one with the balls to support his country.

11. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Note: "Can't we all get along". Insulting fellow Scots in order to promote activity isn't the way to go.

12. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    Hello, does no-one care that i'm destroying Scotland bit by bit with my tank Battalion

13. JOHNANDFRED123

JOHNANDFRED123 Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2005
    Mr failed you have no reason to apologise your a nutter if you do.All of you people must have something wrong with you.I am English right and we all know that mr bolton started all this arguing.Failed i have started the topic,but bolton could have walked away from it easily ignoring it.Obi wan stuck up for his country because off what bolton said all mr failed i have said was

14. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005

What is this supposed to mean? Our age has hee haw to do with it.

15. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    The feeling is mutual. You two surely have some strange ideas as to what it is to "support your country". Re-vitalising the board? Better it dead than having you're immature posts all over the place.

16. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    Fine then i guess you all dont care that i'm taking over Scotland with my tanks, i'll just destroy each city and town while you dispute pointless issues :D

17. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    How can it be KeNowelsy. He is well and truly banned I'm afraid. I have no idea who this **** is.

18. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Being banned doesn't prevent you from creating a sock.

19. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    It does, I was banned a while back for a very short time and I couldn't create a new account.

20. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    o0h PRECIOUS

I turn my back for a minute and the new boys manage to concoct an argument out of hee-haw !

while I'll not claim to be immortal, Cobranaconda is correct in saying that meself and SDM (and Mots Minx and Selina and Obi One and Only and Clone and .... well look at some old threads if you want the history) have done our best to keep this place amusing since arriving in the run up to TPM

but one thing I've never bothered with - cos its the PISHEST OLD CLICHE in the book - is posting pictures of Mel Gibson and talking seriously about fighting with the english.

fighting with the cockneys, perhaps,cos they are so southern as to be iredeemable, but certainly not with anyone north of Luton.

I come here for a laugh, possibly a wind-up, and certainly some long running slagging matches. If I want to annoy the english, I make pals with the guys, and then quietly chat up their girlfriends via PM.

the above bragadaccio from Failed and Knowelesy is forum hot air available on a thousand other boards covering a thousand other subjects, and is terribly dull.
    If you want a worthwhile fight, go to the TFN senate and start a debate on evolution versus creation . Seriously. Its brilliant fun.

any locals want to discuss this more, its high time we hit sauchiehall st for another meet-up. there were girls in leather and dwarfs at the last one, y'know....

21. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    As I've mentioned before I'm certainly up for a meet in Glasgow even more so now that leather clad vixens and dwarves :eek: may be involved!

22. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    :D
    from what i recall, it was some drinks promo in Nice'n'Sleazy, and the whipgirls and dwarfs were there with a giant rubber mouth which people had to crawl into to claim their free bottle of whatever alcopop was on promotion. But we were quite blootered by that point, so it was all a bit Terry Gilliam for me.

I've had TFn visitors from Northern Ireland and London up on drinking visits recently..... next time that happens, maybe I'll use it as an excuse to get some of the scottish posters to show their faces.

I'd be interested to see if Failed and Knowlesey speak as they write [face_laugh]

23. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    With just that one sentence, you have gone up a hell of a lot in my estimation, thank you for that, and for not carrying on what was just plain silly :cool: :D

I don't think anyone wants rid of you, Failed_I_Have. Maybe listen to the regulars since they don't feel there is a need for a new thread like this. The pub is a popular one on the UK main boards, I don't see why it can't be on here. If you read my posts before our pal got nasty, you'll see there was a jokeyness to all of them on my part. I wasn't trying to be serious, and I applaud you for making an effort to do something you feel important. There is no way of doing the vital parts of language on here that make a person understand implication - I mean tone as much as anything. If I do :p though, you should assume I am not trying to be nasty, more just being cheeky. So try not to take my posts too serious.

I'd also say, don't kick/insult outsiders just because of nationality when they post in your forum, the UK forums, of which Scotland is part of, have people from all areas of the UK posting in all areas, the moment you make one group unwelcome in your own area is the moment others won't post either, because no one likes unfriendly places. Give a little respect out, you'll get respect back.

JOHNANDFRED123 - I can't believe I am posting towards a sock, but you do realise the mods have the ability to check details of posters to see if socks are created to cause trouble? I'd ask you to go back to my first thread and actually take a good look, it wasn't actually serious in any way, it was a joke response to a picture of Mel Gibson being posted - because Mel Gibson and Braveheart represent the conflict of the Scottish against the English. What else does William Wallace represent, but Scottish defiance against an English king who tried to take other people's land. You think I agree with that King? I hope I don't need to answer that. You'll also note that since my first post was a joke reply, there was nothing nasty in there. It was within the terms of service. The replies I got back soon went way out of the TOS, I kept the humour going, so please, before you post rubbish about who should be banned, go check the rules again.

And like I have already told Failed_I_Have, I never asked for a ban of anyone, though after some of the posts aimed at me, I was within my right to. I'd rather just carry on having a joke, but my only mistake is that I didn't realise that the people I was posting towards didn't understand that I wasn't having a go at them.

If you actually looked outside of the Scotland forum btw, you'd see that it is quite popular for "joke invasions" to occur, though if the hosting country isn't happy, then the "invasion" stops. Look outside your own world for a mo ;)

One of the wisest things I will ever hear! I think the Scots and the Northern UK forum should join forces to reduce London to ashes :cool: :D ;)

24. DARTH_DONALD

DARTH_DONALD Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    good god man why did'nt you say so earlier :eek: !! time, place, and venue. need a good reason tpo get legless =P~

oh and i did'nt mean to insult anyone:oops: . i just thought the post was gettin bloomin silly, and had to bring some reason back:D

25. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    while it would be RACIST and INSULAR to berate TimBolton for his nationality, I now feel that it is quite acceptable to poke fun at him on grounds of being a LONGWINDED BLATHERER who goes ON and ON and ON in a droney voice about chatroom ettiquette.

I hereby suggest we have him banned UNLESS he can return here within 24 hrs with a NEW WOMAN for us to impress with our Scotch wit. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.